Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Elite pass rusher is still needed

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    The worst part is that people fell for the preseason D where everyone was blitzing and people playing in inventive ways. Then here's the regular season and nothing Two blitzs vs Ten. Letting Rookies sit in the pocket eating sandwiches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I won't lie I was one of them smh

Blog Entries

Not on this team, why waste another D talent.

Why are we drafting more pass rushers when we don't even know what we have in Bowser, Tim Williams, or hell even Judon/Correa at their natural position.

Regardless, until Pees is gone, I don't want another draft pick or FA dollar spent on the defense.

I agree that an elite pass rusher is a need. Is it our greatest need? IMO, no.

That said, I'd be okay with taking a pass rusher in Rd1 in April IF that's the BPA at our slot. I'd also consider moving up for an offensive skill player of impact. Bottom line, they need to get some fresh talent on offense, be it through FA or the draft.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Looking at Oline player, 2nd tier safety or CB, possibly a sliding LB in those spots
    At this time of year I just try to look at where the top level depth is. I see it at QB, DT, and probably G. There are a lot players at DE but few that really stand out in my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Why are we drafting more pass rushers when we don't even know what we have in Bowser, Tim Williams, or hell even Judon/Correa at their natural position.

Regardless, until Pees is gone, I don't want another draft pick or FA dollar spent on the defense.
    DR, I think you've ...

What reason to draft pass rush early when we've already got some talents (at least in college)
    that haven't been tapped into (?) New aggressive DC can perhaps bring the heat that (cold) Pees (soup) has not... Bc

Blog Entries

Hey, i never said we don't need a new DC. But we also need an elite pass rusher to get back to the SB IMO

Blog Entries

So now we're going into year 6 "rebuilding" the defense. I've seen Bill Parcells rebuild an entire team, FO on down in 1/3 the time. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey, i never said we don't need a new DC. But we also need an elite pass rusher to get back to the SB IMO
    Says who? There were a couple teams over the last 10 that had a guy like that, but most didn't. Maybe you are saying if we have the same defensive system we need one? Cause in general teams haven't had them.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Says who? There were a couple teams over the last 10 that had a guy like that, but most didn't. Maybe you are saying if we have the same defensive system we need one? Cause in general teams haven't had them.
    The Patriots got away with it because they had Tom Brady. Seahawks, Broncos, Giants, Packers, Steelers all had elite pass rushers at the time of their SB wins.

I know it is ironic that we did not actuallly have any elite pass rushers, mainly because of the way our offense and infact defense (until the 2nd half of the SB) performed down the stretch. But recent history would show that SB champs more times than not have had elite pass rushers. Teams who do not have had QBs playing at a ridiculous level, which we are a million miles away from atm clearly.

I think Judon and Bowser will be good enough as they grow.

I want an elite pass rusher among the interior DL.

Hypothetically, with such a deep RB class, I'd leave RB1 through RB3 on the board, if I knew I could could get a guy who could land on this list of top interior pass rushers (based on PRP, pass rush productivity, or pressures per snap (with sacks added in and weighed the heaviest)):

Our best guy is Pierce, ranked #48.
    Not even close to getting the job done.

Off the top of my head, about 66-75% of these guys were acquired outside of Round 1.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think Judon and Bowser will be good enough as they grow.
    >>>And Tim Williams and Z Smith

I want an elite pass rusher among the interior DL.
    >>>I thought Willie Henry and Wormley were supposed to be inside rushers?

Hypothetically, with such a deep RB class, I'd leave RB1 through RB3 on the board, if I knew I could could get a guy who could land on this list of top interior pass rushers (based on PRP, pass rush productivity, or pressures per snap (with sacks added in and weighed the heaviest)):

Our best guy is Pierce, ranked #48.
    Not even close to getting the job done.

Off the top of my head, about 2/3s of these guys were acquired outside of Round 1.
    I think we're well set:
    Outside rushers: Judon, Bowser, Tim Williams
    Inside rushers: Willie Henry, Wormley (at least I thought that was the plan?)
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.