Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Elite pass rusher is still needed

I think our pass rushers would be much better with a better defensive playcalling structure.

OL's just know what's coming every play.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    While I agree that we could use more pass rush, I'm not sure that our pass rushing problems are in the top five problems the team has. Maybe not even the top ten.
    Well there's eleven people on offense and Yanda is solid... So maybe number 12 after Pees and the other offensive starters?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If this team burns another 1st round pick next year on defense I will seriously be done with my favorite team until their is new front office shake up along with coaching changes.

I think I will lose my shit if we have another year like this one. I love my team but enough is enough,

Us armchair GMS can see the faults with this team, this roster so why cant the people making millions of dollars see it???

Blog Entries

We got like 3-4 pass rushers on the roster right now one is a failed ILB ...don’t give this defense a goddamn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry offense bros... but I would not rule out drafting an elite type pass rusher in the 1st rd in 2018.

Ive been a long time fan of Suggs and think he doesn't get enough credit for what he does here. Lots of posters I've seen are down on him because he hasn't taken ovee this team the way Ray did. Suggs was never going to be that guy. He is still a good player though and still has a good shot at the HOF. But he is what he is at his age... a very good edge setter and a decent pass rusher. He isn't a pass rusher that can take over games week in week out like he used to.

I like Judon, Bowser and Williams... but I don't know if any of those guys will become a Von Miller or a Khalil mack which is what this defense needs. Williams I see being a very good paas rusher, but not someone who you can play on every downs. I see Judon and Bowser as complimentary pieces opposite a great pass rusher.

The defense is now finally set in the secondary after four years of trying to build it up with lots of set backs along the way. I think the run defense is fine, I just think Pees was to blame for teams running on us earliee on this season. Now we need that pass rusher who can terrify the edges.

I would rather go offense in rd 1... i really like Quenton Nelson and think the OL needs to be revamped somewhat. But he is not guaranteed to be on the clock when we're picking. But the WRs in this class don't look strong... and most of the TEs seem tk bw rd 2 type prospects. So id rather take a pass rusher in rd 1 over drafting a lesser prospect for the sake of trying to improve an offense to appease the masses.
    I agree that I am not sure that we have an elite pass rusher on the roster. I do think we have guys who with the right coach could be very good. We would neuter any pass rusher in Pees system. We also do not know what we have in Williams and Bowser because Pees will not play him. We also do not know if Correa could be a good situational guy either. If Pees and Harbaugh are back next year, this team will not be watchable. It is a crying shame to see how they waste good talent.

Suggs has done a great job when he is in shape and committed. Pees is not doing him any favors by over playing him last year and this year. Guy should be situational at this point.

Secondary is close to being set. I do agree we need to replace Weddle. Not sure if they bring Carr back. I would like to see him come back as insurance as much as anything else. If Canady shows out the last half of the season that may not be an issue.

In the first round I would like to see the team draft Quentin Nelson first or Derwin James. Elite guys at their position. James will probably be long gone and Nelson could be gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    We got like 3-4 pass rushers on the roster right now one is a failed ILB ...don’t give this defense a goddamn thing.

Preach

Blog Entries

Elite pass rusher is still needed

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Preach

Every year Goode every god damn year “defense need this” “defense don’t have that” no what they need is a real damn defensive coordinator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Every year Goode every god damn year “defense need this” “defense don’t have that” no what they need is a real damn defensive coordinator

The worst part is that people fell for the preseason D where everyone was blitzing and people playing in inventive ways. Then here's the regular season and nothing Two blitzs vs Ten. Letting Rookies sit in the pocket eating sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Well there's eleven people on offense and Yanda is solid... So maybe number 12 after Pees and the other offensive starters?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Big Ten minds think alike...

The pass rushers that the Ravens have on the roster now would look better if they were playing with a lead more often and in a better (aggressive) defensive scheme. Their offense rarely gets up on teams so they’re always stuck in these backyard brawl type games (Har-ball) so they don’t get much opportunity to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't think your going to get an elite pass rusher picking where we will be picking. Next year will be time to see what you have with one of the 5 pass rushers previously drafted

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You might get one but you’d have to be lucky. We’re probably looking at picking in the mid teens. It will be similar to last year in the type of prospects available
    Looking at Oline player, 2nd tier safety or CB, possibly a sliding LB in those spots
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The pass rushers that the Ravens have on the roster now would look better if they were playing with a lead more often and in a better (aggressive) defensive scheme. Their offense rarely gets up on teams so they’re always stuck in these backyard brawl type games (Har-ball) so they don’t get much opportunity to shine.

Offense has nothing to do with it. Pees has always run a conservative defense. It is a war of attrition defense. Everyone takes care of their responsibility and make the offense have to nickel and dime their way down the field. There is little to no change from week to week on the scheme or how they attack the offense. Aggressive vs conservative nature has nothing to do with whether or not the Ravens have the lead. It actually gets worse in the games where they do have the lead. They go even more conservative. They don't want to give up the big play. It is basically why Jefferson and Weddle have not done that well this year. They have been trying to be aggressive to make things happen and it has exposed the defense to some big plays. Pees and Harbaugh are 1000% the issue. If they brought in an aggressive creative DC this defense would excel against all teams not just the bad ones.