Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Serious Question

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Here is your quote. Verbatim.

As for the rest of your post? I'm not underminiing anything. What happened happened. Nobody can change it no matter how people want to mask it under being patriotic. For a couple hundred years minorities were in fact discriminated against, enslaved and lynched. They are facts. Because they are ugly facts in our history doesn't mean they should be forgotten or ignored. I said nothing about stealing anything. Yet again, you are completely putting words in my mouth because they fit your narrative and it's one of the major reason why nobody can talk/discuss anything these days.
    And yet your rhetoric is very similar. Hence the 'falls into line with those....'
    Many of the people who are not taking kindly to the anthem protest, are on a gut level, feeling that people are undermining the country in that way.
    Most are ignoring how the anthem protest is divisive from the jump. Now from your responses so far, I dont' think you are really interested in hearing that POV. But maybe others reading it will take something from it that they haven't thought about before.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So I'll say it again. I didn't take from your post that you didn't think blacks can't succeed. Now, I expect that you will continue to not believe that, because well, you don't want to.
    LOL at asking a rhetorical question and then in the same breath trying to act like you were asking me a legit question.

It's not me not listening...or are you going to tell me something else was a typo?
    QED.

And yet your rhetoric is very similar. Hence the 'falls into line with those....'
    Many of the people who are not taking kindly to the anthem protest, are on a gut level, feeling that people are undermining the country in that way.
    Most are ignoring how the anthem protest is divisive from the jump. Now from your responses so far, I dont' think you are really interested in hearing that POV. But maybe others reading it will take something from it that they haven't thought about before.
    I don't think it's myself that isn't interested in hearing the opposing view...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-twitter-photo

Bill Russell is a prime example of what Raveninwoodlawn is talking about and the documented statements of his former teammates goes even deeper into what he endured as an African American athlete during his time and where he played. We were not all equal, in the eyes of the country, when he played. Let alone when he grew up. What Raveninwoodlawn is trying to say is that while we all love our country, that anthem is just not going to mean the same for everyone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post
    If you disagree with what the anthem stands for, keep your ass in the locker room.
    I'm sure some of them would, if NFL rules didn't require them to be on the field for the anthem.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'm sure some of them would, if NFL rules didn't require them to be on the field for the anthem.
    To me, the easiest solution would be to just have all teams stay in the lockerroom like they did 10 years ago.

Let the fans do the anthem and don't bring the players back out until it is about time to play ball.

But that's too easy of a solution...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

To me, the easiest solution would be to just have all teams stay in the lockerroom like they did 10 years ago.

Let the fans do the anthem and don't bring the players back out until it is about time to play ball.

But that's too easy of a solution...
    So we are at the point now where it's just asking TOO MUCH of these millionaires to stand up for the National Anthem.

From this point on, any team that wusses out and hides in the locker room during the anthem is rightfully going to get booed mercilessly when they finally step on the field whether they are playing a home game or not. Most Americans are 100% against this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    So we are at the point now where it's just asking TOO MUCH of these millionaires to stand up for the National Anthem.

From this point on, any team that wusses out and hides in the locker room during the anthem is rightfully going to get booed mercilessly when they finally step on the field whether they are playing a home game or not. Most Americans are 100% against this crap.
    Well, I think we are getting to the point where they are going to get booed anyway, they are not going to be "forced" to stand by the league, I think that is as clear as day.

Well, I think we are getting to the point where they are going to get booed anyway, they are not going to be "forced" to stand by the league, I think that is as clear as day.
    Yep. Very true. It's also going to be clear as day that most Americans are offended by this form of protest.

It's sad really, because I would bet most Americans sympathize with what Kaepernick is protesting. But the route he decided to go just turns too many people off to the message.

Who is really telling the black people cant' help themselves? Do you really think people espousing all kinds of excuses as to why blacks can't succeed and they need this program to help them and that program to help them really believe blacks can be successful without their help? You're fooling yourself if you think that's the case.
    Shiiit, I'm gonna keep it 100. A lot of white folks through no fault of their own have been spoon fed a bullshit national narrative. And now they mad cause the whole country don't respond to the propaganda in the manner for which they approve. The flag means different things to different people. You take a 400 year head start, a wicked central government and public policies designed to enrich a few and this is what u get.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Shiiit, I'm gonna keep it 100. A lot of white folks through no fault of their own have been spoon fed a bullshit national narrative. And now they mad cause the whole country don't respond to the propaganda in the manner for which they approve. The flag means different things to different people. You take a 400 year head start, a wicked central government and public policies designed to enrich a few and this is what u get.
    Funny how every immigrant group that came to the US managed to overcome the prejudices of their time.

Serious question filth, why exactly do you stay in America? I mean, clearly you believe most people are trying to hold you down. Why are you staying here? I mean, no one is keeping your here against your will.

Funny how every immigrant group that came to the US managed to overcome the prejudices of their time.

Serious question filth, why exactly do you stay in America? I mean, clearly you believe most people are trying to hold you down. Why are you staying here? I mean, no one is keeping your here against your will.
    I don't know? Probably because he has family here, his social network is here, his life is here? It's a dumb question. Should anyone who speaks out as being unhappy with progress being made just up and leave?

BTW, not an endorsement of everything Filth says by any means. There's a lot bluster, but also some truth sometimes.