Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    ~Half of Lamar's carries (and more than half of his yards) came on scrambles (i.e. it wasn't Roman's plan for Lamar to run).
    I get that. And I also know his legs are a huge weapon. That doesn’t mean I have to like it. And furthermore....I did say if Lamar being a large part of the run game is the plan , wether its scrambled or drawn up that way , why pay a guy like Ingram? What does he offer that some combination or Gus , Hill and Lamar don’t? Defenses are gonna respect our run game with or without a guy like Ingram. So why spend that money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    LaxDad... the board software will literally not let me quote you...
    but “why pay Ingram when Edwards and Hill are cheap”
    A. Ingram was cheap. Not UfFA cheap, but cheap for who he is and what he brings to the table. Ergo...
    B. You pay Ingram because it doesn’t rip your hand.
    If Edwards is on the field he’s getting an inside handoff, he can’t really catch, or run routes, or pass block.
    Hill at this moment is an outside runner not really built to hammer between the tackles, has a less evolved route tree and can’t block. So it tips our hand a smudge less but...

Ingram is an entire package, runs hard inside, elusively outside, full route tree, food-great hands, stellar blocker, knows his assignment, reads coverages and blitz schemes... he’s simply a much more versatile piece that truly helps the offense flourish in a number of ways.
    I get what you’re saying but ...does he? I mean last week Lamar leads in atts and yards! Hell its a good damn thing the kid can’t throw to himself!

And yes I know Ingram is t breaking the bank ...but we coulda maybe used that money on IOL?

Who would you have used the money on IOL? I’m all ears? How has Paradis played? I dont Know? How has KO played? I honestly Don’t know? Those were two guys I would Have happily paid.
    But... we would have had to draft a RB, Josh Jacobs would have been my guy... and we don’t get Hollywood...
    decisions can’t be looked st in a vacuum but must account for all the many permutations that would also change.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Who would you have used the money on IOL? I’m all ears? How has Paradis played? I dont Know? How has KO played? I honestly Don’t know? Those were two guys I would Have happily paid.
    But... we would have had to draft a RB, Josh Jacobs would have been my guy... and we don’t get Hollywood...
    decisions can’t be looked st in a vacuum but must account for all the many permutations that would also change.
    I like KO and Paradis also. I don’t think we woulda needed to draft a higher RB. I’d stick with Hill and maybe grab a guy in 6th instead of McSorley?

I like Ingram. Just don’t see a need for a “scary “ name RB with this offense. Teams are gonna respect our run with Lamar. Shit look what Gus + Lamar did last year and I think Gus is a JAG. Lol.

I’m not worried about a scary name. I’m worried about a complete player. Gus and Hill aren’t that guy, and Jacobs was the only slam dunk complete RB that “I “ saw in the draft...
    IMO, Edwards contributed to our lack of versatility late last year.

6. Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I get that. And I also know his legs are a huge weapon. That doesn’t mean I have to like it. And furthermore....I did say if Lamar being a large part of the run game is the plan , wether its scrambled or drawn up that way , why pay a guy like Ingram? What does he offer that some combination or Gus , Hill and Lamar don’t? Defenses are gonna respect our run game with or without a guy like Ingram. So why spend that money?
    What? They don't plan for Lamar to scramble. He has 2-5 other options before he chooses to do it...
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

10 rushes a game is about what I wanted from him. You can't baby and protect him too much or he loses what makes him a special player. You need the defenses to play him like he can run any play or they can defend the pass only.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    What? They don't plan for Lamar to scramble. He has 2-5 other options before he chooses to do it...
    Yeah this i know but I believe they figure he will.

Damn. Mayfield has thrown some ducks hasn't he?

10. Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Yeah this i know but I believe they figure he will.
    PFR has him with 19 scrambles in 2018 (fwiw, I only have 17). They don't have numbers from yesterday's game yet, so let's say he scrambled 6 times. In 2018, he had 170 attempts. In 2019, he's thrown 57 passes. He was sacked 16 times last year, and he's been sacked 3 times this year. So, we have 25 scrambles on 271 dropbacks, or 10.84 dropbacks per scramble. If Lamar is throwing 30 passes a game (seems reasonable to me), the Ravens would expect him to scramble ~3 times. If he drops back 45 times (as he did yesterday), they'd expect ~4 scrambles. Add those 4 to his other non-kneel carries (7), and you get 11. Looks to me like that would mesh perfectly with Ingram, who has carried 15-20 times/game throughout his career (25-30 run plays seems like a good number).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Its been explained a bunch already......but Lamar is a part of the run game because the TEAM needs him to be. Other then Yanda the interior OL doesn’t get the job done without the help of Lamar.

If you don’t accept/understand/acknowledge that Xs and Os fact you’ll probably never understand the huge benefit Lamar in the run game adds to this team.

You may as well consider Lamar’s running as part of the OL blocking....perhaps the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Its been explained a bunch already......but Lamar is a part of the run game because the TEAM needs him to be. Other then Yanda the interior OL doesn’t get the job done without the help of Lamar.

If you don’t accept/understand/acknowledge that Xs and Os fact you’ll probably never understand the huge benefit Lamar in the run game adds to this team.

You may as well consider Lamar’s running as part of the OL blocking....perhaps the most important part.
    I’m not debating Lamar’s part in the run game. I’m questioning why we are paying a guy like Ingram. Lamar IS the run game as was proven last year. So why ( IMHO) waste money on a “name” rb who isn’t gonna produce any better than a rookie when Lamar is the straw that stirs the drink?