Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Serious Question

If they insist in playing the anthem at sporting events, I prefer the college approach. Keep the teams in the locker room until the anthem is over

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If they insist in playing the anthem at sporting events, I prefer the college approach. Keep the teams in the locker room until the anthem is over
    That’s how it used to be up until 2009

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That’s how it used to be up until 2009

I thought that really started changing in 2001 after the country was attacked by terrorists. Either way, stay in the locker room because that is how it was done prior too and stay off a knee because it's disrespectful. They need to decide as a league one way or the other. I was proud to say I was a Ravens fan up until yesterday morning. I was just bragging about how they had not participated in that type of BS only to turn on the game to see it with whom I was bragging too. Immediately turned it off.

Showing pride in one's country via the 'paid patriotism' is different than basically showing disrespect to our country's national anthem. If you disagree with what the anthem stands for, keep your ass in the locker room. Now the argument has sort of flipped to 'well let's not do the anthem at all' and 'keep the teams in the locker room'? Why? Because some players want to protest? Hard to take these men seriously when they've most likely gotten preferential treatment through high school, college admissions, free college most likely, millions of dollars, and a life most of us can only dream about. All while being black guys. But aren't they protesting inequality? Methinks their message is a bit muddled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I thought that really started changing in 2001 after the country was attacked by terrorists. Either way, stay in the locker room because that is how it was done prior too and stay off a knee because it's disrespectful. They need to decide as a league one way or the other. I was proud to say I was a Ravens fan up until yesterday morning. I was just bragging about how they had not participated in that type of BS only to turn on the game to see it with whom I was bragging too. Immediately turned it off.
    Players could if they wanted but it wasn’t mandatory til 2009 when department of defense and the guards started paying the NFL for patriotism when they started these ceremonies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post
    Showing pride in one's country via the 'paid patriotism' is different than basically showing disrespect to our country's national anthem. If you disagree with what the anthem stands for, keep your ass in the locker room. Now the argument has sort of flipped to 'well let's not do the anthem at all' and 'keep the teams in the locker room'? Why? Because some players want to protest? Hard to take these men seriously when they've most likely gotten preferential treatment through high school, college admissions, free college most likely, millions of dollars, and a life most of us can only dream about. All while being black guys. But aren't they protesting inequality? Methinks their message is a bit muddled.
    I will agree with the premise that that original message has now been lost Kap kneeled for something when it was important and a shock to the system. Now I’m not so sure what the message is about, is it a response To trump? Was it a response to racial inequalities? Is it’s a combination of things? I don’t know now but what I saw for once in a long time was bunch of men using their platform to come together black white brown yellow owners players and coaches showing unity. If the end result is unity who cares how we get there?

I will agree with the premise that that original message has now been lost Kap kneeled for something when it was important and a shock to the system. Now I’m not so sure what the message is about, is it a response To trump? Was it a response to racial inequalities? Is it’s a combination of things? I don’t know now but what I saw for once in a long time was bunch of men using their platform to come together black white brown yellow owners players and coaches showing unity. If the end result is unity who cares how we get there?

I also saw a military veteran go out onto the field, by himself, to honor his country while the rest of his team hid in the tunnel/locker room. Real unity there. Villanueva is a real man while the rest of his teammates, along with a lot of our players, are a bunch of man babies.

This whole public display is a crock. Nothing but virtue signalling and attention seeking. They got trolled by Trump and took the bait.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 09-25-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Blog Entries

They don't even hold the flag right and haven't for years! Where is the outrage in that?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I really enjoy reading the hypocrisy In these threads

Because it's not unity while missing a very important component the rest of America.

Honestly, I don't care about owners and players being united it means nothing to me. They are quite often unified when it comes to raising my ticket prices and the price of concessions and a whole host of issues I don't agree with

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because Trump didn't tweet about it. This whole thing was going away. You had a lot of guys who kneeled last year standing this year. With Kaepernick unsigned this would have been just a handful of guys like Michael Bennett. Now it's entire teams.
    The weird thing is last week Wednesday my boss was saying basically the same things Trump said when he interjected himself into an after work discussion about football right down to calling protesting players "sons of bitches." Saying the owners should pull them off the field and fire them.

I wonder if they got fed the exact same talk radio programming...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lordbern View Post

These guys that you're trying to paint as being entitled have also been young black men who have lived in inner cities prior to their college recruiting. I'm sure they have some idea of the real world. And you hit on the point these guys are making while missing it at the same time.

Some examples since you think these NFL players are entitled.

"Rice was born in New Rochelle, New York, to Janet Rice and Calvin Reed. Reed was killed in a drive-by shooting when Ray was a year old. Rice's cousin, Myshaun Rice-Nichols, was killed by a drunk driver when Rice was ten"

"Born in Fontana, California,[2] Smith grew up in a single-floor home in Colton, California, which is about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. The neighborhood Smith lived in was notoriously bad.[3] "It's a rough neighborhood," said Smith. "A lot of gangs. A lot of gang violence. A lot of people get shot and killed all the time." However, Smith was able to shrug this off and excel at football from an early age"

Their point is that while they may not see racism day to day anymore they now have a powerful voice and are willing to speak on behalf of the little guy who doesn't have a voice.