Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: It's that time again - Breyer stepping down from SCOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Diversity of ideas and thought is a good thing.

Picking someone simply because they are black and female is a terrible idea and a sure fire way to ensure the best person for the job doesn’t get the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The irony of affirmative action to put on a court that ruled it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Diversity is not necessarily a bad thing as long as the person is fair in their rulings don't pick diversity just for the sake of it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    It's not. I just thought it might be fun to try to guess who he will pick.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Democrats are batting like 500 when it comes to picking people to vote reliably they way they want.

3. Re: It's that time again - Breyer stepping down from SCOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The irony of affirmative action to put on a court that ruled it's illegal.
    The whole original concept of the SCOTUS is long gone. It is now and has been for a long time, a group of nine political appointees deciding on things that are not even in the Consitution, going solely on what they "think" was the intent of the framers of it. The whole concept is a joke, in reality. Congress no longer does their job and leaves it up to nine unelected people, many of which are way out of touch w/reality. The mere fact that there are conservative and liberal justices kinda says it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Oh, but they are. It's all about perception and catering. That's just what he said he'd do w/his VP pick and did it solely for that reason. None of this is a surprise, by any stretch, since they have to get it going before possibly having a turnover in the Senate. It'll get done.
    This The Democrats figure out what race, creed, color, gender(or pronoun) they want to pander to before they get down to qualifications. Same thing happened, as you mentioned, when finding a VP. They forgot to include likability and capability when naming Kamala. Rumors had it Biden wanted Whitmer or Klobuchar but they didn't fit the profile that had been set.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I'm done with Identity politics. Nothing but a recipe for failure.

”I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    I'm done with Identity politics. Nothing but a recipe for failure.

”I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.”
    I would love it if no one on the court looked like me as long as they voted and thought like me. I would love it for once if they did pick a justice, and she was a black woman, and once she got on the court she made Clarence Thomas look like RBG.

Wouldn't THAT be funny?!

Then she would get accused of sex harrasment by an old clerk and of being a Tomasina and the like hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Diversity of ideas and thought is a good thing.

Picking someone simply because they are black and female is a terrible idea and a sure fire way to ensure the best person for the job doesn’t get the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm saying

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    The whole original concept of the SCOTUS is long gone. It is now and has been for a long time, a group of nine political appointees deciding on things that are not even in the Consitution, going solely on what they "think" was the intent of the framers of it. The whole concept is a joke, in reality. Congress no longer does their job and leaves it up to nine unelected people, many of which are way out of touch w/reality. The mere fact that there are conservative and liberal justices kinda says it all.
    Yes. Been saying this for awhile. Listening to the OSHA mandate arguments were eye opening. We had 3/4 justices trying to question the legal aspect 2/3 trying to understand the argument and 3 that we’re asking why they can’t forget the law when it’s an emergency.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This is the one place diversity is not needed. 9 white men or 9 black woman or some combination doesn't matter. Can you read and apply the Constitution? Right now we have 5 that seem to be able. Breyer ain't one and his replacement is highly unlikely to be.