Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

WRs the Ravens could trade for

BUF Stevie Johnson: new regime in BUF, rebuilding, they just picked up 3 good WRs in the draft, they need TE help. We could trade them Ed Dickson and a pick. Unlikely though because he just signed a new 5 year deal in 2012 for over $35M.

PHI Jeremy Maclin: doesn't fit Kelly's offense. Even though PHI is loaded at TE, we could try to trade them Ed Dickson and a pick, maybe Kelly would want to be reunited. 2014 Free Agent.

OAK Denarius Moore: OAK in complete rebuild mode. Moore in back end of his rookie deal. Once again, trade them Ed Dickson and picks. They need picks. Or one of our young WRs.

All 3 have had various injury issues.

Feel free to list your own targets.

Blog Entries

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

I like Maclin, but only for a 4th round pick, not a pick plus Dickson. I think Caldwell will bring out the best in Dickson this year.

Blog Entries

GB James Jones: hard to tell if he would be anything without Rodgers as QB. Free agent in 2014. They let him walk last year and he got no real offers besides MIN think, eventually went back to GB.

Blog Entries

There is no way the Bills are trading Stevie Johnson. It's a Ray Rice situation. He just signed and it would destroy their cap if they moved him.

No one is taking Ed Dickson for a starter either. He has just 1 year left on his deal and is not an impact player. It's going to take picks and next years picks always push the price up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There is no way the Bills are trading Stevie Johnson. It's a Ray Rice situation. He just signed and it would destroy their cap if they moved him.
    I know. Highly unlikely.

No one is taking Ed Dickson for a starter either. He has just 1 year left on his deal and is not an impact player. It's going to take picks and next years picks always push the price up.
    I think Dickson would have some minor appeal. He did make some plays in the SB. He has shown some flashes. Just not consistency. Plus he clearly took a backseat to Pitta (largely because of his inconsistency).

Add Golden Tate out in Seattle to the list.

He's entering a contract year and the Seahawks have already committed huge money to Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, and just drafted Chris Harper who looks like a great fit for their offense. They have Doug Baldwin locked up cheaply as their #4/#5 and he could easily be a #3 on a lot of other teams. They don't use a lot of 3+ WR sets and are still a run-first team, so I really don't see Tate being an impact player for them.

He'd be a good fit in our offense and he'll only be 25 at the start of the season. He's not a big guy at 5'10 200lbs but he plays bigger than his size and has gotten better every year--he just about doubled his production going from Tarvaris Jackson at QB to Russell Wilson. I think a trade could easily go down for maybe a 5th rounder or so, and he could likely be extended at a fairly low price as well if necessary.

Blog Entries

Player for player deals are incredibly rare in the NFL. Usually when they do happen it's someone's backup for another teams backup or 2 just flat out duds. Think Jason Smith for Wayner Hunter or Mike Goodson for Bruce Campbell. Anyone remember solid players being moved for another player?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Add Golden Tate out in Seattle to the list.

He's entering a contract year and the Seahawks have already committed huge money to Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, and just drafted Chris Harper who looks like a great fit for their offense. They have Doug Baldwin locked up cheaply as their #4/#5 and he could easily be a #3 on a lot of other teams. They don't use a lot of 3+ WR sets and are still a run-first team, so I really don't see Tate being an impact player for them.

He'd be a good fit in our offense and he'll only be 25 at the start of the season. He's not a big guy at 5'10 200lbs but he plays bigger than his size and has gotten better every year--he just about doubled his production going from Tarvaris Jackson at QB to Russell Wilson. I think a trade could easily go down for maybe a 5th rounder or so, and he could likely be extended at a fairly low price as well if necessary.
    It would be easier to guess if we knew which of these guys might have been on our draft board at one time or another.

I think Maclin is about the only realistic target for a trade. Denarius Moore would be great, but I can't see the Raiders moving him when he's just started to scratch the surface of his potential.

I have a better shot at being traded to the Ravens than anyone listed.

Are people really this panicked about WR right now?

Player for player deals are incredibly rare in the NFL. Usually when they do happen it's someone's backup for another teams backup or 2 just flat out duds. Think Jason Smith for Wayner Hunter or Mike Goodson for Bruce Campbell. Anyone remember solid players being moved for another player?
    Only one I can think if was Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis, which was a blockbuster, but otherwise, I would agree, very rare.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries
    It's April, give the guys some time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!