Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

When I hear someone say “I want to see him do it against a great defense”, it always makes me think they have to be mentally handicapped.

If QBs had great games against great defenses they wouldn’t be a fucking great defense you Moron.

“I want to see what he does against a patriots defense”.

He is gonna to do the same shit the rams did in the Super Bowl... struggle. And the rams were a top offensive going into that game.

What did Tom Brady the Goat do against the rams top defense in the super bowl? Struggle.

Who comes up with these moronic barometers for gauging talent? I usually hear this spewed mostly by half retarded analysts in ESPN, then echoed by fans.

Where is Lamar realistically? He is right where any normal level headed person thought he could be after his 13th start in the nfl.

“He is missing receivers”. No shit Sherlock... that’s what QBs who haven’t started a full year yet do. Although it’s way exaggerated on this forum. Ravens receivers are rarely ever wide open. I rewatch games and I rarely see where he missed a “wide open” receiver. I just read haters say that with no visual evidence.

“He doesn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.” - who do we have that can get open downfield? After the second game they always leave a safety over the top for brown.

I get it. The “derrr derrr Lamar sucks derrr derrr” crowd don’t have the football IQ to understand the OC has an offensive gameplan and play calling to go with it. Just as basic football 101 if your main targets are TE’s and they are calling a lot of multiple TE sets.... there won’t be a lot of down field passes.

It’s not that Lamar can’t throw downfield, the personnel we have mixed with the play calling doesn’t give you a lot of downfield shots.

So where is Lamar? If you just focus on passing.. he is where you would expect him to be. Average. But to exclude his legs and him gaining yards and first down with his legs is retarded.

It’s the stupidest thing to me. Moving the ball 10 yards is moving the ball 10 yards. If he runs it or throws it. He is moving the call.

Also the Steelers defense is good. The front 7 is damn good. So I’m not sure wtf you guys are talking about he should have just ran through the Steelers... just shows you aren’t paying attention to football.

Lamar has us at the top of the division, when he entire sports world had the browns winning the division and the ravens not even in the hunt.

Get off lamars hate train and just enjoy winning and possibly making it to the playoffs behind a QB that barely is In his 14th start

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    When I hear someone say “I want to see him do it against a great defense”, it always makes me think they have to be mentally handicapped.

If QBs had great games against great defenses they wouldn’t be a fucking great defense you Moron.

“I want to see what he does against a patriots defense”.

He is gonna to do the same shit the rams did in the Super Bowl... struggle. And the rams were a top offensive going into that game.

What did Tom Brady the Goat do against the rams top defense in the super bowl? Struggle.

Who comes up with these moronic barometers for gauging talent? I usually hear this spewed mostly by half retarded analysts in ESPN, then echoed by fans.

Where is Lamar realistically? He is right where any normal level headed person thought he could be after his 13th start in the nfl.

“He is missing receivers”. No shit Sherlock... that’s what QBs who haven’t started a full year yet do. Although it’s way exaggerated on this forum. Ravens receivers are rarely ever wide open. I rewatch games and I rarely see where he missed a “wide open” receiver. I just read haters say that with no visual evidence.

“He doesn’t throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.” - who do we have that can get open downfield? After the second game they always leave a safety over the top for brown.

I get it. The “derrr derrr Lamar sucks derrr derrr” crowd don’t have the football IQ to understand the OC has an offensive gameplan and play calling to go with it. Just as basic football 101 if your main targets are TE’s and they are calling a lot of multiple TE sets.... there won’t be a lot of down field passes.

It’s not that Lamar can’t throw downfield, the personnel we have mixed with the play calling doesn’t give you a lot of downfield shots.

So where is Lamar? If you just focus on passing.. he is where you would expect him to be. Average. But to exclude his legs and him gaining yards and first down with his legs is retarded.

It’s the stupidest thing to me. Moving the ball 10 yards is moving the ball 10 yards. If he runs it or throws it. He is moving the call.

Also the Steelers defense is good. The front 7 is damn good. So I’m not sure wtf you guys are talking about he should have just ran through the Steelers... just shows you aren’t paying attention to football.

Lamar has us at the top of the division, when he entire sports world had the browns winning the division and the ravens not even in the hunt.

Get off lamars hate train and just enjoy winning and possibly making it to the playoffs behind a QB that barely is In his 14th start
    Dude well said. Take of the week. Drop the mic!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Great post.

I worry about making the playoffs this season. We probably needed that win against Cleveland. The seven games in the middle of our schedule are going to make or break us:
    Seattle, Pats, Houston, Rams, Niners, Bills (along with one against Cincy)

We probably need to win three of those games against good teams (plus the one against Cincy), to have a shot at the postseason.

The Brownies & Steelers schedules are backloaded with cupcakes. Each of them could close the season on a six- or seven-game winning streak. We need to still have the division lead coming out of that Bills game, or we could miss out again this year.

Gonna be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    You obviously didnt read the 1st sentence of the OP's comment. This thread has nothing to do with his ability as a QB or his play on the field.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    May go down as best player we ever drafted , has nothing to do with his play on the field?, oh ok you are sure a bright one to comprehend that , I totally missed it, good catch

Blog Entries

Ogden is still the best player the Ravens ever drafted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Ogden is still the best player the Ravens ever drafted.
    Oh, interesting take.

I'm gonna disagree. Ogden may have been more consistent than Ray; and Ray played long enough that he had more "below peak" seasons than Ogden did. But peak Ray Lewis was the most dominant player on the field. And Ray obviously had more career value.

Ray by both peak value and career value.

Honestly it's not even close. But I can understand the impulse. JO was an incredibly fine player, at a position that is extremely important but doesn't leave much statistical evidence. Ray might be a little over valued, and JO a little under valued. But there's still a gap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Ridiculous. Scratch the season opener against the Miami Jr college team, he's been a disappointment as a passer, notwithstanding Johnny Harbs' preseason bullshit. He hasn't done much against better teams, going back to last season's AFC West teams. If he has a few more multi-interception games and the Ravens start losing against the upcoming tortuous schedule, watch the boo-birds come back, in droves. This fan bases also booed Johnny Un and Bert Jones.

Perhaps the majority of the so-called fans who call-in to radio talk shows or who spam message boards. The only "majority" which I remember were the fans in the stands of the playoffs games who were booing Harbaugh & Jackson and were chanting for Flacco's return.
    God your posts absolutely suck major balls. Just the lowest level of quality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Wasn’t it Mahommes first year as a starter last year? Lamar isn’t in the same stratosphere as Mahommes in terms of passing.

Saying Marino is the only one to ever show that he could carve up good defenses early is just completely and totally false.

There has been many more than Marino to prove very early that they are among the elite passing the ball.
    Who said Lamar was in the same stratosphere in terms of passing as Mahomes? Like god you guys just love to make shit up. He isn’t nor should he be expected to be because I’m not sure there’s ever even been another QB that is as good as Mahomes appears to be.

Also for a guy who loves PFF, you seem to ignore that that website widely regards Flacco as one of the worst starters in the league, and has for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    God your posts absolutely suck major balls. Just the lowest level of quality.
    Agree 100%

I have difficulty wrapping my head around arguments about a 22-year old, who was thrust into a listing ship in his first NFL starts, has less a full season of playing-time (and the number of games he has been THE starter is still less than the Code Red he was thrust into in 2018), has a leaky O-Line, and is still in the learning curve. He has a way to go, but he has made major strides since he hit the NFL. Can he develop? Perhaps. Can anybody realistically come to any conclusion with the sample size we have so far? I believe it is premature.

Right now, I am concerned that it looks like he is trying to be a pocket passer to prove others wrong - but doing it without transition. He needs to take baby steps in his development and stack his progress - not make a leap to this goal when he is not ready. I think he can make the transition from his preformance last year, but he needs to be aware of the collapsing pocket and use his strength instead of waiting for an opening and letting the Defense take him down. He also needs to go for the shorter passes as the Defense gives it to him, rather than look for the deep strike. But these are things to learn.
    Anybody who claims to know what he is right now as an NFL-QB for his career is doing their best Skip Bayless / worthless opinion.
    Captain Offense

11. Re: Honest talk - Lamar Jackson

You seriously have to wonder if there's a non football related factor that generates some of this Lamar hate. Hmmm, I wonder what that could be???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Man, I wasn’t excited about the draft pick when it was made, but I root for the Ravens so I held our all promise I could, because it was already done. The investment had been made.
    Throughout the first camp, preseason and regular season my skepticism gradually gave way to more and more optimism of this kids promise. The post-season game tempered that a bit and led to a contemplative off-season, where it became obvious the only move was to go all in on this kid and give it the ole college try. Trading Flacco, drafting playmakers, all made sense to me.
    Then the season opened with a BANG in Miami, and now I cant understand how anyone could not be excited! It hasn’t been all unicorns and rainbows since, and it never will be, but the future is bright enough to be excited about, and the present isn’t bad! He may never be MVP/ALL PRO caliber, but he might be. He may flame out A la RG3 but he might not. I can understand tempered expectations, but I don’t understand a lack of excitement to watch this play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk