Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The feeling is mutual because it's obvious that he hates us too.
    Right? He obviously hates us and its so annoying. If you want to pick against us and have some evidence to back that claim cool, not everyone has to support the Ravens. But when you blatantly just hateeee it grinds my gears.

Heath Evans is the most diabolical hater this side of the Mississippi. (Chappelle Show reference).

Blog Entries

It's just so hard to keep up with whose coming from the heart and whose following the instructions of the producer.

For example, Skip Bayless actually used to defend Joe Flacco when he and Ryan were rookies. Somewhere along the lines, it became popular to bash him.

Jamie Dukes has long doubted Flacco, but was quick to give him his just due after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

I think Dilfer just tries to not come off like a homer sometimes.

Now, Matt's younger brother doesn't need production assistant, he's a jealous ass if I've ever seen one.

Marshal Faulk doubted Flacco all season long and, when called out for it by Rich Eisen, tried to act like he always believed in him.

Guys like Sapp and Irvin had their doubts, but were quick to come to Flacco's defense after Evans dropped that pass last year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's just so hard to keep up with whose coming from the heart and whose following the instructions of the producer.

For example, Skip Bayless actually used to defend Joe Flacco when he and Ryan were rookies. Somewhere along the lines, it became popular to bash him.

Jamie Dukes has long doubted Flacco, but was quick to give him his just due after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

I think Dilfer just tries to not come off like a homer sometimes.

Now, Matt's younger brother doesn't need production assistant, he's a jealous ass if I've ever seen one.

Marshal Faulk doubted Flacco all season long and, when called out for it by Rich Eisen, tried to act like he always believed in him.

Guys like Sapp and Irvin had their doubts, but were quick to come to Flacco's defense after Evans dropped that pass last year.
    These are great points.

Its no surprise about Jamie Dukes doubts because he lives in Atlanta and played for the Falcons. ATL is obsessed with proving that Flacco can't be on the same field with Ryan that if a guy like Jamie gives Joe any real praise he'll be skewered in his home town. The producers know it and so does he.

Dilfer's angle is born of bitterness. When he stated that Walter Jones was by far the best offensive lineman he's seen and its not even close. At that point I stopped listening to Trent because to insult JO who protected his butt and led him to a SB title was the ultimate in spitefulness.

It's to my understand that Ogden refused to engage with Dilfer during the 2010 reunion at the Bills game. Can't say I blame him.

In the end these 'young' producers are about splash and sizzle versus substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I was watching NFL Network (Total Access) and Heath Evans said that the Steelers are the best team in the AFC North and he likes them to win. He said that the Steelers are a "known commodity". The host says "well the Ravens are a known commodity". Heath Evans replies with a "IDK *bullsh!t* *bullsh!t*" and just completely discredited our success. For those of you who watch Game of Thrones....I wish I had Heath Evans' head on a spike. Fuckin hate that guy.
    In fairness, what Evans said was, "I don't know...I just still see the Ravens as 'the little brother' to the Steelers in this division." What I think is important about what he actually said, is that he at no time offered or pretended to offer analysis. He said, straight up, that this is his perception, just how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Have they even fired a coach since Chuck Noll's predecessor?
    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Bruce Arians, which seems downright retarded in hindsight.
    I really wonder what the heck went down in this situation. Was that a Rooney call? Now that I think about it, has Tomlin ever had anything to do with putting his staff together? Strange Bru put together a pretty nice list showing that he mainly coaches with whoever is there. The way it was handled - not firing Arians, but announcing that he retired (news to him!) - was just bizarre, and made me think it was an ownership move. Which confused me further, because I didn't think the Rooneys micro-managed like that. It was just odd, and neither Tomlin nor the Rooneys seemed to want to publicly take the lead as the "decider" on that issue.

Oh, and Bru, Danny Smith, the ST coach you couldn't find any info on? Came from the Redskins, a holdover that Shanahan kept from the Gibbs 2.0/Zorn years, up until this off season. Listening to DC sports talk radio has taught me that MOST Redskins' fans blame Danny Smith for this.

Blog Entries

hmmm, whenever I've heard Dilfer speak about Joe, it's always been positive.

The only time I heard him speak against us was in saying he thought the 49ers were the better team leading up to the Super Bowl. That has little to do with his opinion of Joe.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Oh, and Bru, Danny Smith, the ST coach you couldn't find any info on? Came from the Redskins, a holdover that Shanahan kept from the Gibbs 2.0/Zorn years, up until this off season. Listening to DC sports talk radio has taught me that MOST Redskins' fans blame Danny Smith for this.
    What may be even better about that play, it was either that time, or a different time they ran a fake...The Redskins motioned everyone wide left and the opponent called a TO. After the TO...the REDSKINS RAN THE EXACT SAME PLAY. And it failed. Because they showed their hand and the D called a TO to prepare.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    hmmm, whenever I've heard Dilfer speak about Joe, it's always been positive.

The only time I heard him speak against us was in saying he thought the 49ers were the better team leading up to the Super Bowl. That has little to do with his opinion of Joe.
    Agreed.

Dilfer is one of the better analysts on ESPN. I've never heard a bitter word from him.

Quite the opposite in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He beat us with Charlie Batch.
    So what does that have to do with anything? They finished 8-8 a year ago and their hated devision rival won the SB. I hope he cancels training camp. That'll show em' how bad ass he is. lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Who is the better HC?

42% (when I voted) said John Harbaugh
    54% said Mike Tomlin

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Who is the better HC?

42% (when I voted) said John Harbaugh
    54% said Mike Tomlin
    It's just an opinion poll and there are a lot more Pitt fans

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

Dilfer is one of the better analysts on ESPN. I've never heard a bitter word from him.

Quite the opposite in fact.
    Agreed.

Dilfer knows what the hell he is talking about.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He's canceling the last day of mini-camp, to gear up for the hell Pittsburgh is going to unleash in training camp.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore