Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

It's as if people of today's society are sheep. Mindless sheep. Beneath all of this race baiting, they have no idea what's going on. More and more Law Enforcement Officers are retiring early. More and more college students are bypassing Law Enforcement for safer jobs. Current Law Enforcement Officers are being stretched to the max. They don't have enough people to fill the positions, because qualified people don't want the jobs. So, they start lowering the required qualifications, to get more bodies in there. If it hasn't become an issue yet, which, I think it has, it will become an issue in the future. The issue being unqualified Officers making worse mistakes. Furthermore, what people also don't realize is that, while they are busy protesting in masses before going home to get into their comfortable bed at night and watch their favorite show, gangs are identifying specific members to send to apply.

Very soon, there won't be any Law Enforcement. Then, everyone will be complaining about why no one wants to step up. Those that do, are going to make far worse mistakes than what we see now.

Many of us here have worn a uniform of some sort. Military, Police, Corrections, we know what the job is really like. We understand that there are indeed some bad apples that need to be tossed from the barrel. However, we also understand that no one could possibly understand the true rigors of the job until they put that uniform on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Today's society has been plagued by social media and everyone thinking they are special, entitled, deserve something without putting the work in. People are so scared to voice their own opinion on the fear of being called racist, regardless if its the truth or not. What ever happened to a cop shooting someone because they posed a threat to society? Now, it is: what color was he?

Remember the occupy wall street joke? All these kids out there complaining about big corporations and what not, while they're sitting there using their iphones to record and take selfies of them protesting, just so they can "be apart of it."

When did people stop respecting cops? Because they saw a video on Facebook that was 2minutes long that told one side of the story? Therefore all cops are bad right?

I will be 32 next month which technically puts me in this younger generation of entitlement and 14th place trophies, but I highly disagree with that sentiment, nor was I raised that way. So when I say, "these kids these days," I honestly feel I can say that and have an opinion worth giving on the age-gap since I am straight in the middle of it. Somehow as we evolve, common sense seems to get kicked further down the road and reality shows along with protesting in the middle of the street because I feel like I should of been born a dog rather than a human, how dare you assume my species? is that whats next? im done.

So here's my take on commenting on the actions of law enforcement.

I studied criminology with the intent of becoming a law enforcement officer. I worked at CBSA for a summer so I got to work in that environment.

However, I got offered a cushy desk job that I could do my 35 years and retire with a solid pension so I took it.

So what are my thoughts on law enforcement? I honestly don't have much to say. I don't know what it's like to be an officer and I'm not going to pretend my summer at CBSA gives me the qualifications to understand that environment.

It drives me up the wall when I see people commenting in the media, particularly social media about anything in regards to law enforcement (be it the border, policing, corrections, etc.) when they don't have a god damn clue what it's like to wear the badge and do the job.

Now, I know what you might be thinking - free speech, everyone's entitled to their opinion, etc. That may be true and I'm not attempting to say someone can't have an opinion, but seriously they do it with so much self-righteousness and quite frankly don't have a god damn clue what they're talking about. You know why they compare opinions to assholes - everyone has one and sometimes they're shitty. Couldn't be more true on this topic.

So yes I do have opinions and if I see a video I will decide how I feel about it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to take to social media and rip/defend x and y. I mostly don't do that because I find my opinion just isn't that strong. Of course I'll feel a certain way, but I'd be lying if I said I understood the situation fully because I dont' have that experience being an officer. And I think it matters a hell of a lot. We have no idea what these men and women have seen and what they deal with on a day to day basis. We see a 30 second clip that doesn't have a whole lot of context to it. Now, obvioulsy some are very extreme, but those are a very few amount of incidents. However the media shares them and I think they become "the norm" from civilians. I'm sure there are also incidents that don't make their way into the media, so it goes both ways.

I just can't stand social media on these types of topics. Just a lot of people who don't have a god damn clue.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

fuck the police

Blog Entries

I wish the good police would band together against the shit heads. I think that would go a long way.

However, the big issue I see lies more with Democrat politicians and the mainstream media. They're using police as whipping boys and girls for votes and social policy. It's pretty disgusting.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I thought that I was going to open this thread up and see a bunch of ignorant shit. So far there have been some reasonable points made. hopefully I can introduce a different perspective.

I personally don't have a lot of sympathy for the police but Im biased and i say that because of my own personal experiences with them. I served over 10 years in the military, and to come home on leave in civilian attire and be treated the way that i have been over the years has been a wake up call to say the least.

If you haven't experienced being detained for fitting the description or being questioned on the legitimacy of the source of income that allows you to be driving the car that you are operating, then I don't expect you to understand. But what I'm confused by in reading most of the post in this thread is this idea that the entire police force is being demonized. I think the overwhelming majority of criticism for police is always done with the caveat, that it's not all cops and most of them are doing honest work.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    I thought that I was going to open this thread up and see a bunch of ignorant shit. So far there have been some reasonable points made. hopefully I can introduce a different perspective.

I personally don't have a lot of sympathy for the police but Im biased and i say that because of my own personal experiences with them. I served over 10 years in the military, and to come home on leave in civilian attire and be treated the way that i have been over the years has been a wake up call to say the least.

If you haven't experienced being detained for fitting the description or being questioned on the legitimacy of the source of income that allows you to be driving the car that you are operating, then I don't expect you to understand. But what I'm confused by in reading most of the post in this thread is this idea that the entire police force is being demonized. I think the overwhelming majority of criticism for police is always done with the caveat, that it's not all cops and most of them are doing honest work.
    Which is also the reason I don't really comment much on the flip side of this debate. I'm a middle class white dude. I'm not going to even pretend to understand how a black man experiences an interaction with a member of law enforcement.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's a lot of people that comment on these situations that just don't get it, IMHO.

How can I say how a black man (or other minority - or really anyone for that matter) should experience an interaction with the police? How can I say how a law enforcement officer (regardless of color) should experience an interaction in an area that has been identified as being high risk?

I Just can't without making way too many assumptions that I'm probably wrong about.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Which is also the reason I don't really comment much on the flip side of this debate. I'm a middle class white dude. I'm not going to even pretend to understand how a black man experiences an interaction with a member of law enforcement.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's a lot of people that comment on these situations that just don't get it, IMHO.

How can I say how a black man (or other minority - or really anyone for that matter) should experience an interaction with the police? How can I say how a law enforcement officer (regardless of color) should experience an interaction in an area that has been identified as being high risk?

I Just can't without making way too many assumptions that I'm probably wrong about.
    Very well said! I feel like if more people would speak from the perspective of their own experiences like you are, there would be a lot more clarity in our society.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

this is why I fuck heavy with you Cole

Blog Entries

I have personally seen too much and witness too much by these cops. I will leave it at that, too many painful memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Very well said! I feel like if more people would speak from the perspective of their own experiences like you are, there would be a lot more clarity in our society.
    I think one of the issues with social media is that anyone is given a platform to express themselves. And that's not where the issue is. The issue is that people like to express their opinion as fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't make it a fact.

I remember my philosophy teach in highschool gave us a sheet of paper, unfortunately I can't find a picture to show you but it was basically this:

Opinion -----> Idea -----> Fact
    --------> Evidence ------------>

Hopefully this shows up, but it's basically saying that an opinion turns into an idea which turns into a fact by increased evdience.

Take this forum for example. You can express your idea all day. You can say Flacco sucks and Harbs should be ifred and blah blah blah, but until you intorduce evidence you're not turning anything itno a fact.

Now apply to the situations we're talking about - people are given a platform to express their opinion on a situation, but until they have evidence via knowledge to support their opinion then it is just an opinion. For example, I may have an opinion on an incident, but I'm lacking a hell of a lot of knowledge to make it a fact. So when I express my opinion, as I did above, it's caveated with my bias and my limitations (which I identified). That, to me, is a constructive way to have a debate with someone. It puts all the cards on the table.

Now going to the evidence building, I was sitting in a conference yesterday about research evidence and they presented four types of knoweldge which surprised me. There were:

» Scientific (learning through research)
    » Experiential (learning through experience)
    » Pragmatic (learning through action)
    » Cultural (learning through being

What Smoove is saying is that he has some experiential knowledge from his experiences. That is still knowledge. Now a researcher woudl tell you that scentific < all else and he is most likely right given the strength of the scentific method BUT that does not mean that there are 3 other forms of knowledge. They all contribute to the evidence in changing an opinion into a fact.

Anyway, this is how I view most thingsi n life, including this forum. I absolutely hateddddd arguing with someone about football when they think their opinion is fact. Sure express your opinion, put it in capital letters, but bring some evidence or sit the hell down.

You can have that opinion all you want and you can express it, but if you're called out and you don't support it then that's your own damn fault.
    - Ray Lewis