Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Cleveland!

This reminds me a lot of the Nico Siragusa pick, except Cleveland has a much better college resume and even lower body fat build. Siragusa was similarly a giant and great athlete. Such a shame he tore literally every ligament in his knee. Guess we’ll now get to see how the Ravens would have used him. I was super excited for that pick and am now for Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    What is it about Stephens’s game that you don’t like, Bc?
    Bc can obviously speak for himself here, but from what I’ve read from him it has nothing to do with Stephens the player himself and everything to do with what players were available when we picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Bc can obviously speak for himself here, but from what I’ve read from him it has nothing to do with Stephens the player himself and everything to do with what players were available when we picked.
    Like late 5th round pick Jamar Johnson, 6th round pick Stone Forsythe and UDFA Ar’darius Washington?

Like late 5th round pick Jamar Johnson, 6th round pick Stone Forsythe and UDFA Ar’darius Washington?
    Hey I like Stephens from the limited amount of info I’ve been able to find. I think we’re aging at corner, I think there’s a good chance Peters is cut next year given the contract structure, and I think Jimmy Smith could go at any time here. So I’m all about Stephens right now as a positional need. But yeah, Bc loved Forsythe.

Cool Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Cleveland!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Obviously I dont know the man...but I bet he'd be willing to take a taser to the chest for a 6-pack of Busch Light.
    Hell Wicked, he looks like he'd take a 38 slug in the chest for a lollipop!

7. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Cleveland!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelDance View Post
    This reminds me a lot of the Nico Siragusa pick, except Cleveland has a much better college resume and even lower body fat build. Siragusa was similarly a giant and great athlete. Such a shame he tore literally every ligament in his knee. Guess we’ll now get to see how the Ravens would have used him. I was super excited for that pick and am now for Cleveland.
    Though I don't have an eidetic memory - and, hence, can't recall his college Height-Weight-Speed profile - I remember watching Nico Siragusa play. Ben Cleveland looks like two Nico Siragusa's sharing a pro wrestler Halloween costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Though I don't have an eidetic memory - and, hence, can't recall his college Height-Weight-Speed profile - I remember watching Nico Siragusa play. Ben Cleveland looks like two Nico Siragusa's sharing a pro wrestler Halloween costume.
    Nico was a very large man, but Cleveland has like 30 lbs on him. Siragusa was an absolute freak athlete for his size though. He was gonna be a stud. That’s one of my biggest recent what-ifs.

Nico was a very large man, but Cleveland has like 30 lbs on him. Siragusa was an absolute freak athlete for his size though. He was gonna be a stud. That’s one of my biggest recent what-ifs.
    There was concern about Nico being top heavy and that very well may have aided him with the injury -- I haven't seen the play or don't remember it, so I can't say for sure one way or the other. Cleveland also looks top heavy. A lot more top heavy than in the baseball pick when he was younger.

For the nerds

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    For the nerds

Well that was beautiful... he wins over and over and over.

The thing I love about taking a potential stud at Guard is they can play for you for 10+ years at a high level if you keep paying them to stay, we saw it with Yanda. They don't really decline much with age compared to a skill position player. Injuries are really the only thing that can slow them down over time (See Osemele)

If they hit on this pick, he's going to be a Raven for a very long time imo. Definitely the type of guy they will give a 2nd contract to if he performs.