Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Will 6 WRs make this roster?

Simple question. Ravens have Brown, Duvernay, Proche, Boykin, Watkins, and now Bateman and we’re only through day 1 of the draft, more players could be added. We’ve kept 6 WRs on the roster recently, but one of those guys, Chris Moore, was much more of a dedicated gunner than Wide Receiver. We don’t have Ingram on the roster anymore, but as a running team I’m more inclined to be heavy at RB than WR. Ultimately I think Proche or Boykin might be packing. What do you guys think?

Re: Will 6 WRs make this roster?

I think they stick with those 6 unless Proche has a bad camp.

I think they keep 6 but I think that includes Deon Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I think they keep 6 but I think that includes Deon Cain.
    Who do you see Cain replacing? Who’s the most vulnerable guy on my list?

The sixth WR on the depth chart will have to be able to contribute on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Who do you see Cain replacing? Who’s the most vulnerable guy on my list?
    I mean I would move Boykin to TE if it were me lol. But I think it’s probably Proche to the PS. Those three will be competing for the last two spots and Boykin seems like he has that Perriman quality of having monster camps every year.

Blog Entries

Prolly 6 for now. Proche is their PR unless they get a guy today or tomorrow who can do that better than him, I mean he wasn't great so definitely possible they can improve that but he also didn't put the ball on the ground. I guess that remains TBD but right now I wouldn't imagine he's out.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

6 for sure. I say that at least for this upcoming season because it's like we have 5.5 receivers given Watkins' health concerns.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Boykin might be gone

Somebody is gonna get a hangnail

They will keep 5. Proche will make the practice squad. Cain will never catch another NFL regular season pass. And the Ravens will not draft another WR, but WILL draft a 3rd TE.

I think they keep 6.

Duvernay and Proche are returners and, now that he isn't the starting X, I expect Boykin to get more special team snaps. With his size and speed he's got gunner potential and his open field blocking is pretty good. He might be Moore's replacement as a career special teamer if he can figure out what's he's doing. Though that's a big if with Boykin.