Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

Assuming Bateman wins a starting job and takes that X boundary spot, who do we move to the slot? Watkins has played well in the slot before, but Hollywood could be dangerous there and I believe its where he made that 4th down reception against Cleveland.

This is of course assuming all goes to plan and if Watkins is actually available lol

Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

They’ll both be there

Yeah I think you’ll see Hollywood back and forth between the slot and the Z, Bateman back and forth between the X and the slot, and Sammy lining up at all three.

Boykin and Dez are the only 2 that didn't have a whole lot of variance in where they lined up.

Duvernay was an even split between slot and Z. Hollywood played all over, including the X (organizedchaos has the number of times he lined up on the LOS on the boundary).

I think guys are just going to continue to move all over and it's going to be great.

Hollywood has a really, really good opprotunity to get behind defenses now.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Boykin and Dez are the only 2 that didn't have a whole lot of variance in where they lined up.

Duvernay was an even split between slot and Z. Hollywood played all over, including the X (organizedchaos has the number of times he lined up on the LOS on the boundary).

I think guys are just going to continue to move all over and it's going to be great.

Hollywood has a really, really good opprotunity to get behind defenses now.
    He just needs to focus and catch the ball behind defenses

Hollywood is the younger receiver and is a crisp route runner so if you want max production out of him it'd be mainly the slot.

Definitely Hollywood. I can't think of one time where Lamar tried to hit him down the sideline and it worked out. From my memory most of their big plays come on crossers and post routes in between the numbers.

Watkins would have a better chance to do something on those fade and corner post throws than Hollywood does.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah I think you’ll see Hollywood back and forth between the slot and the Z, Bateman back and forth between the X and the slot, and Sammy lining up at all three.
    That's what I hope too. Perhaps they can do that thing some other teams do...where they move a guy around to try to find the best matchup they can exploit? Make a corner chase Hollywood deep a few plays and then have Bateman shake him out of his shoes with a few crisp short routes. With this much speed, they have to start consistently using crossing routes and deep slants, right...right???

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Definitely Hollywood. I can't think of one time where Lamar tried to hit him down the sideline and it worked out. From my memory most of their big plays come on crossers and post routes in between the numbers.

Watkins would have a better chance to do something on those fade and corner post throws than Hollywood does.
    Just off the top of my head how could you forget that sideline route in the first Titans playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

There were also times out of the slot Lamar could have him hit earlier on timed routes. Hollywood should have had more opportunities to turn up field and get yac.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Just off the top of my head how could you forget that sideline route in the first Titans playoff game?
    Ok, so one or two plays. But the overall success rate of those type of throws was pitiful by comparison to what he was doing out of the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    They’ll both be there
    And either way it will be Duv for a couple weeks when Watkins gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk