Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamar's Calm

Re: Lamar's Calm

Ray Lewis said he was pissed off for greatness. I can see a chip on Lamar's shoulder in his work ethic.

At least until LJ gets married and spends his off seasons making babies instead. Just kidding. LJ is a worker and his ethic is going to pay off. I really believe he wants to win a championship and it isn’t just a rah rah media byte.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    The thing that confused me about Sunday’s game was he stayed in the pocket when it collapsed instead of breaking to the outside and it resulted in 4 sacks.
    Steelers were very very disciplined about staying in their lanes. They surrounded Lamar and crushed the pocket.

It's the ideal plan for attacking him; but tough for teams to pull off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The opposite of calm I haven’t read much about that vicious stiff arm he got Watt with early in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    That stiff arm was awesome and the fact that he helped up the photographer so quickly is one of the things that is endearing about the young man. I just love watching him play. Growing pains at times? Yes but he brings so much excitement. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players to ever watch because of his personality and talent.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...er-to-the-turf

... Bc

Loved how he stopped to check the photographer was ok. Really annoys me when players crash into people on the sidelines, the vast majority of them doing their job, and don't check to see they're alright. It takes seconds to do so, and just comes across as incredibly dickish and narcissistic when the player just carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    LJ looks to be a generational QB that has the intangibles as well as tangibles. The thing that confused me about Sunday’s game was he stayed in the pocket when it collapsed instead of breaking to the outside and it resulted in 4 sacks.

I’ve been noticing this as well. In multiple games. There are lanes for him to take off, but instead he tries to stay in the pocket and ends up taking a sack. I think the not a RB playing QB is really affecting his decision making. They need to tell him he has nothing to prove. Just win by any means necessary.

As much as he says he doesn’t care what people say he does. He’s human. We all would if we were in his shoes. As he gets older and matures, we will see him starting to play his game more and more. Right now, he’s a stubborn kid wanting to prove the world wrong and prove us right for drafting and believing in him.

Blog Entries

I noticed when Lamar helped the photographer up as well. I thought to myself that's certainly not something you see every day.

Blog Entries

Watt took a stiff jab

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Ray Lewis said he was pissed off for greatness. I can see a chip on Lamar's shoulder in his work ethic.
    I see it in him too I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I’ve been noticing this as well. In multiple games. There are lanes for him to take off, but instead he tries to stay in the pocket and ends up taking a sack. I think the not a RB playing QB is really affecting his decision making. They need to tell him he has nothing to prove. Just win by any means necessary.
    Not that I think you're necessarily wrong, but couple other possibilities I can think of:
    1) if he's looking downfield for a receiver to get open, he may not see that lane as well
    2) a designed pass should gain more yards than a scramble and he might be waiting for that to develop
    3) I would think most of our routes would be designed to be pretty quick in developing but might not actually be
    developing as fast or receivers not getting separation.

I have noticed a number of plays where we have two receivers in very close proximity. Most often Brown, sometimes Boykin. Hopefully that's just rookies learning the playbook and some of the intricacies of NFL route running vs how it's actually designed.