Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Re: The Lamar "double standard"

I keep seeing that the consequences of no vax is fans being upset about the competitive advantage. Or people won't watch because the QB is out. Not very convincing.

Blog Entries

CDC director is saying vaccines don’t stop transmission. So tell me the logic behind Lamar getting the shot?

https://mobile.twitter.com/YossiGest...58644143869965

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    CDC director is saying vaccines don’t stop transmission. So tell me the logic behind Lamar getting the shot?

https://mobile.twitter.com/YossiGest...58644143869965
    The logic is so he doesn’t have a bad health outcome and that he doesn’t miss multiple games if he were to contract COVID-19 again. The overwhelming majority of people in the hospital today from COVID-19 are unvaccinated. People may not like the NFL’s rules, but as a private organization, they are free to make rules as they see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

He's had it twice. Why in the hell should he be vaxxed? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The logic is so he doesn’t have a bad health outcome and that he doesn’t miss multiple games if he were to contract COVID-19 again. The overwhelming majority of people in the hospital today from COVID-19 are unvaccinated. People may not like the NFL’s rules, but as a private organization, they are free to make rules as they see fit.

No, they aren't. As long as they operate in the United States they have to abide by the laws of the country. There will be thousands of lawsuits over these mandates. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 still applies to private businesses.

The majority of people in the hospitals are obese and/or over 60. 78% of those in ICU are obese. How many NFL players were hospitalized last year when there were no vaccines? One? Zero?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The logic is so he doesn’t have a bad health outcome and that he doesn’t miss multiple games if he were to contract COVID-19 again.

Oh yeah… cause he’s clearly hurting from it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

How many of those in the hospital with Covid had it previously like Lamar? How many are Lamar's age? How many are in his physical condition?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How many of those in the hospital with Covid had it previously like Lamar? How many are Lamar's age? How many are in his physical condition?
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_19.pdf

You need to read this report out of the UK. A retired Harvard Virologist is spreading it around. Its a bit technical, but the stats are revealing.

It shows that the Delta variant is over 5 times less deadly than the original Alpha variant in a sample of over 120k people. It also shows that more people under 50 seem to getting the Delta variant, but they are not serious cases mostly.

The craziest stat is that it also shows more people that were vaccinated dying than the unvaxxed, and that people over 50 are catching and being hospitalized by Delta much more than those that are unvaccinated. The infection rates are about even for those under 50 for vaxxed vs unvaxxed.

If this is 100% correct, than there is no reason to ever get this vaccine. It is doing more harm than good.

Edit: The numbers of vaxxed vs unvaxxed need to be adjusted for factors like % of vaccinated population. That being said, the vaccine is still hardly 90% effective at preventing infection or hospitalizations. The Delta variant is less deadly than Alpha regardless of vaccination status. Young people are not at a greater risk of serious disease or death. Vaccinated people are dying at higher rates than the CDC is admitting.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 08-07-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The other thing that study I posted shows is that re-infection rates among those with natural immunity is much lower than infections among those that were vaccinated. Also, the natural immunity seems to improve over time.

More actual scientific evidence that the NFL is wrong, and that a lot of people are lying about this to try and force people to take a vaccine that is barely effective. Meanwhile, Moderna and Pfizer make billions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    The other thing that study I posted shows is that re-infection rates among those with natural immunity is much lower than infections among those that were vaccinated. Also, the natural immunity seems to improve over time.

More actual scientific evidence that the NFL is wrong, and that a lot of people are lying about this to try and force people to take a vaccine that is barely effective. Meanwhile, Moderna and Pfizer make billions.

“This presentation of the NFL has been brought to you by Moderna and Pfizer, get your booster for the Omega variant today! Any redistribution, retransmission or rebroadcast of form the express written consent without of the NFL is strictly prohibited.”

No, they aren't. As long as they operate in the United States they have to abide by the laws of the country. There will be thousands of lawsuits over these mandates. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 still applies to private businesses.

The majority of people in the hospitals are obese and/or over 60. 78% of those in ICU are obese. How many NFL players were hospitalized last year when there were no vaccines? One? Zero?

The rules were collectively bargained, so no ‘civil rights’ were infringed and the league is safe from any kind of lawsuit

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_19.pdf

You need to read this report out of the UK. A retired Harvard Virologist is spreading it around. Its a bit technical, but the stats are revealing.

It shows that the Delta variant is over 5 times less deadly than the original Alpha variant in a sample of over 120k people. It also shows that more people under 50 seem to getting the Delta variant, but they are not serious cases mostly.

The craziest stat is that it also shows more people that were vaccinated dying than the unvaxxed, and that people over 50 are catching and being hospitalized by Delta much more than those that are unvaccinated. The infection rates are about even for those under 50 for vaxxed vs unvaxxed.

If this is 100% correct, than there is no reason to ever get this vaccine. It is doing more harm than good.

Edit: The numbers of vaxxed vs unvaxxed need to be adjusted for factors like % of vaccinated population. That being said, the vaccine is still hardly 90% effective at preventing infection or hospitalizations. The Delta variant is less deadly than Alpha regardless of vaccination status. Young people are not at a greater risk of serious disease or death. Vaccinated people are dying at higher rates than the CDC is admitting.

Really bad for your point you're trying to make when the link you posted contains absolutely nothing you just said.