Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

It amazes me that some Ravens fans, of all people, won't let Belichick live down his one transgression, all the while say nothing about the half dozen or so players the Ravens have had, whose one transgression was far worse than cheating on football games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It amazes me that some Ravens fans, of all people, won't let Belichick live down his one transgression, all the while say nothing about the half dozen or so players the Ravens have had, whose one transgression was far worse than cheating on football games.
    Dude, he cheated, at football. The evidence was destroyed. If he was on the Saints he'd be out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Dude, he cheated, at football. The evidence was destroyed. If he was on the Saints he'd be out of the league.
    He was caught and paid the penalty.

He didn't destroy the evidence, the league did.

Blog Entries

He was caught and paid the penalty.

He didn't destroy the evidence, the league did.
    I know the league did. I am not sure how you feel about, but the league destroying it, tells me their is/was some pretty damning stuff on there.

Seriously though, if this happened now, he'd be out of the league. Just look at the bounty scandal. Whether you agree with the punishment there or not, these two offenses are easily on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Wouldn't you...Belichick has got that defense clicking finally and they are running it this year like they haven't for several seasons. And last night was without their most dynamic offensive skill player on the field.

Find the weakness
    Same as always. Disrupt the timing by jamming the receivers at the line and pressure Brady. Hard to do for four quarters but it happens, usually at the worst time for the Patriots in the playoffs. Every season the Patriots are called unstoppable and yet someone steps up and whips them.

I know the league did. I am not sure how you feel about, but the league destroying it, tells me their is/was some pretty damning stuff on there.

Seriously though, if this happened now, he'd be out of the league. Just look at the bounty scandal. Whether you agree with the punishment there or not, these two offenses are easily on the same level.
    I'm sorry but video taping signals is not on par with a pay-to-injure scheme amongst players and coaches.

Nobody got hurt when Bilichick and his video cronies video taped signals but there is strong evidence to support people actually getting injured from the Saints nonsense (i.e. Farve).

And that's wasn't my point to start with anyway. It's slightly hypocritical when some Ravens fans call him a cheater to this day who are, all the while, mum about a player like Suggs who beat the tar out of some dude with a pipe.

If you're going to be forgiving, at least do so minus the purple glasses. That was my point.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry but video taping signals is not on par with a pay-to-injure scheme amongst players and coaches.

Nobody got hurt when Bilichick and his video cronies video taped signals but there is strong evidence to support people actually getting injured from the Saints nonsense (i.e. Farve).
    I mean they are on the same level of cheating the game, or playing outside the rules. You know what happens if you steal signals in baseball, right?

The Saints broke the rules and so did Belichick, who knows how much of an advantage he got from that.

And that's wasn't my point to start with anyway. It's slightly hypocritical when some Ravens fans call him a cheater to this day who are, all the while, mum about a player like Suggs who beat the tar out of some dude with a pipe.

If you're going to be forgiving, at least do so minus the purple glasses. That was my point.
    I'll be honest, I have never heard that about Suggs, never. I have no idea what that's about. BUT, if I was to forgive him for that, that would be forgiving him for something personal, not for cheating the game. (BTW - beating a dude with a pipe is far worse, just point out we're talking about two different things)

If you wanna crown them, then crown their ass.

We've seen this from the before... say for about the last 5 years, 20-0 at home in December.
    For about the last 5 years they're 0-2 on the road in Feb.....

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Same as always. Disrupt the timing by jamming the receivers at the line and pressure Brady. Hard to do for four quarters but it happens, usually at the worst time for the Patriots in the playoffs. Every season the Patriots are called unstoppable and yet someone steps up and whips them.
    Well it didn't happen last night against the #1 seed in the AFC.

The last time they got whipped in the playoffs was by the Ravens in 2009. Before that they lost by 14 to the Broncos in 2005. I can't find another double digit loss in the playoffs during Tom Brady's run.

Tough to win in the playoffs but the Pats are always right there. So yeah, they and maybe the Giants are as close to unstoppable as it gets in a salary cap NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Well it didn't happen last night against the #1 seed in the AFC.

The last time they got whipped in the playoffs was by the Ravens in 2009. Before that they lost by 14 to the Broncos in 2005. I can't find another double digit loss in the playoffs during Tom Brady's run.

Tough to win in the playoffs but the Pats are always right there. So yeah, they and maybe the Giants are as close to unstoppable as it gets in a salary cap NFL.
    Ok, so they (and the Giants?) are "unstoppable" in the sense that they are great teams that are usually stopped? Is that what you mean? The Patriots are beatable just like any other football team. They don't seem any tougher this season than most others. You just have to execute on the plan that everyone uses to beat them. Someone will manage it, if not, they will win the SB.

I'll be honest, I have never heard that about Suggs, never. I have no idea what that's about.
    http://bustedcoverage.com/2008/02/25...ve-never-seen/