Ravens 7-round Mock Draft

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...ek-1-7-rounds/

What do you think of these 7 picks??

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 7-round Mock Draft

Sorry, but I have to be honest, I would be pretty unhappy with this draft (apart from managing to get Bennie Logan in the fourth round, which isn't happening).

First of all, I originally thought Kevin Minter was a first round prospect, but its clear after further film study, and after an average combine, he's more of a 2nd-3rd round type prospect in this class. So Minter in the first round would be terrible value and is the typical example of drafting for needs over the better player.

Then you project two safeties in the 2nd and 3rd round? I like both of them, especially Swearinger, but why would you draft two safeties? If Reed isn't re-signed it creates a hole at FS, but we have Bernard Pollard under contract for another 2 years, so that wouldn't make sense at all to me.

D.J Swearinger can be molded into a CB. Many think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry, but I have to be honest, I would be pretty unhappy with this draft (apart from managing to get Bennie Logan in the fourth round, which isn't happening).

First of all, I originally thought Kevin Minter was a first round prospect, but its clear after further film study, and after an average combine, he's more of a 2nd-3rd round type prospect in this class. So Minter in the first round would be terrible value and is the typical example of drafting for needs over the better player.

Then you project two safeties in the 2nd and 3rd round? I like both of them, especially Swearinger, but why would you draft two safeties? If Reed isn't re-signed it creates a hole at FS, but we have Bernard Pollard under contract for another 2 years, so that wouldn't make sense at all to me.
    Yeah, and we will definitely be adressing WR much earlier on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Sorry but no, Swearinger is not a corner back, I don't know where you heard that from. He plays like a linebacker, and doesn't have the feet to play there. He's either a physical blitzing type FS, or a Bernard Pollard type of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry but no, Swearinger is not a corner back, I don't know where you heard that from. He plays like a linebacker, and doesn't have the feet to play there. He's either a physical blitzing type FS, or a Bernard Pollard type of SS.
    Maybe he heard it with his eyes, since Swearinger stepped up and played some cornerback when needed at South Carolina. He's also covered slot receivers as a nickel back, as well as played both safety spots, so although he may not project as an NFL corner, he definitely is one of the more versatile defensive backs in the draft.

I like Swearinger, but not a fan of that mock draft.
    Last edited by alien bird; 03-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    Not with a 4.6+ 40-yard dash.

He is a good player who lined up at corner in certain sets in college.

Let the guy play safety.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Lining up as a nickel corner in college in certain specific sets is totally different to doing it in the pros. It was really just a few plays too, lots of safeties do that these days, doesn't mean they can play corner full time.

Besides, Swearinger should go a round or two earlier in the draft. As a safety.

Minter? meh as a round 1 pick. And Thomas is not the type of safety we need. Bernie Logan I like there.