Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: "10 Picks in 10 Games" as an Argument

Quote Originally Posted by RavensBoy52 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/915626781612396544

Well it’s not the offensive lines fault as many have stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think the number of times being hit is a definitive indicator of how well the offensive line is doing.

If somebody like Aaron Rodgers is being flushed out of the pocket 10-15 times a game when he would prefer not to be, but he's not actually getting hit, that's not an indication that the Oline is holding up well in pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I don't think the number of times being hit is a definitive indicator of how well the offensive line is doing.

If somebody like Aaron Rodgers is being flushed out of the pocket 10-15 times a game when he would prefer not to be, but he's not actually getting hit, that's not an indication that the Oline is holding up well in pass protection.
    Plus what is the number the past two weeks? Different line without Yanda.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

There have been 9 QB hits the past 2 weeks without Yanda. We are averaging one more....

(Stats are from NFL.com weekly stats) (5 vs the jags and 4 against Pit)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleade...gory=Defensive

Blog Entries

Joe completes more deep balls to the defense than his WRs. But allegedly this isn't an issue

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...ost/_/id/39454

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Joe completes more deep balls to the defense than his WRs. But allegedly this isn't an issue

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...ost/_/id/39454
    LOL 24mil a year

Blog Entries

Baldy with the long version of this is fine. boom!

Yes, many of the picks (and BTW, that was at MINIMUM one pick were game, some games had multiple) were the result of WR's dropping the ball and falling into the receivers hands, great plays by the DBs, blown routes, etc., but every QB deals with that. Every QB is stuck with poor plays by WR's that their statline has to eat, but on the flip side, you also get lucky, and some of your WR's break big gains, and you get credited with 70 free yards and a TD to pad your stats when you just throw a little dump-off or slant. Every QB is going to have to absorb some cheap picks on their stat lines (some even take some picks just because its an end of half or end of game Hail Mary) but they shake it off, and do everything that they can to make sure that no picks are caused by their own errors that were avoidable. Some QB's like Brady and Rodgers have astonishingly low pick counts, despite the fact that they have he occasional screw up by one of their receivers, end of half Hail Mary, etc.

And really, when a QB like Flacco is playing sluggishly and poorly, when he does throw a decent pass, its hard on the receiver, because he tries to do too much, and gets the yips. He knows that it may be the only decent ball thrown his way for a while, so he gets nervous and his hands turn to stone. When a top tier QB is throwing him the ball, and he knows that he's going to get several well placed and timed bullets, and they're going to keep coming, he just puts his hands up, and pulls it in. Its like its coming out of a practice machine. If he screws up, no big deal, he'll probably get a strike thrown to him on the next play.

Really, when you pay a guy enough that he's the highest cap hit in the league, you just expect that any mistake made on offense is not his fault. He needs to be the leader and elevate people around him. If we wanted to put our money and draft picks into giving a player an elite pedigree of WR's and O-linemen, we wouldn't be giving that QB a mega-contract, we'd just draft some college scrub. At this point, Flacco is barely worth the roster spot, let alone one of the richest contracts in NFL history.

Blog Entries

Sacked 9...

Hit 16 times...

Hurried 984759387589234757.

How anybody can say the OL is playing well is beyond me. He may be getting rid of the ball a bit early at times, but I think sacks and hits are pretty imminent when he is.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Still think those picks don’t matter?

Not when there's really not much the QB can do differently to prevent them.

Blog Entries

Of course picks matter.

What’s Joe supposed to do when the passes are getting deflected by his receivers into defender’s hands?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.