Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My Attempt at a mock Draft

I actually like Beasley for the Ravens. If any team would draft a tweener that has size or weight issues, it would be us or whoever Rex Ryan ends up with.

Beasley would be very interesting... As a Sam linebacker in a 4-3. He'd play off the line in run situations, using his speed to shoot gaps and his long arms and his momentum to shock blockers. In pass situations, he'd rush, kinda like Von Miller. Moving to 4-3 is where the defense should head, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    Beasley would be very interesting... As a Sam linebacker in a 4-3. He'd play off the line in run situations, using his speed to shoot gaps and his long arms and his momentum to shock blockers. In pass situations, he'd rush, kinda like Von Miller. Moving to 4-3 is where the defense should head, imo.
    Suggs
    Jernigan
    Williams
    Dumervil

Brown/Beasley
    Mosley
    Smith

Good balance of youth and experience here... Would be a formidable line.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    Suggs
    Jernigan
    Williams
    Dumervil

Brown/Beasley
    Mosley
    Smith

Good balance of youth and experience here... Would be a formidable line.
    Ahh Daryl Smith is where we disagree. I was watching Arthur Brown tape yesterday... We need to get this guy on the field. Full time. The Will linebacker was tailor made for him. I think Smith should be released at the end of the season. Run with younger, faster legs.

We get a defensive coordinator that can teach a true, one gap, 4-3 defense and our front would all of a sudden look miles faster, especially sideline to sideline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    Ahh Daryl Smith is where we disagree. I was watching Arthur Brown tape yesterday... We need to get this guy on the field. Full time. The Will linebacker was tailor made for him. I think Smith should be released at the end of the season. Run with younger, faster legs.

We get a defensive coordinator that can teach a true, one gap, 4-3 defense and our front would all of a sudden look miles faster, especially sideline to sideline.
    I don't want to see Daryl cut. I like the idea of having veteran presence in the linebacker unit. What happens if Mosley were to get hurt and go down for a bit? At least then Daryl can wear the green dot.

I do agree with you that Arthur Brown should really be given the opportunity to get on the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I also like Beasley alot as I've said in numerous threads. I also think ABrown should be in that 4-3 OLB slot and D SMITH as the backup MLB if he isn't released. As was noted in the reg forum. Ngata money and Webb are alot different than your projection. Don't know how that changes your ideas.

But the First I absolutely agree with a OLB rusher. Depending on where we pick. That could be th caveat. We might HAVE to take a CB if we're picking like bottom 20s. Or if we're picking higher than Maybe Funchess falls in range. Flacco needs a big pass catching TE over the next 2 years mote than a a WR. Honestly. Also maybe if we're picking basement 20s might have to grab OLeary because of that same train of thought and value. It's gonna be real interesting. Mocks are so hard right now when we don't know where we're even picki ng.

Funchess? I see Kelvin Benjamin in the guy but also Ed Dickson. We can get a good recieving TE in the mid rounds. A Blake Bell or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    Funchess? I see Kelvin Benjamin in the guy but also Ed Dickson. We can get a good recieving TE in the mid rounds. A Blake Bell or so.
    Blake Bell...not sure how I feel about him. He's only been a TE for a year or something.

Bad, bad year to be counting on a decent TE in the middle rounds. If you consider Funchess a WR, Crockett Gillmore very well might be a top-5 TE in this draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Bad, bad year to be counting on a decent TE in the middle rounds. If you consider Funchess a WR, Crockett Gillmore very well might be a top-5 TE in this draft.
    I agree.

Nick O'Leary is a possibility, but he's not a dynamic game changing TE that some are looking for.

There are some other interesting guys like Pharoah Brown, Clive Walford, and Ben Koyack.

Cool Re: My Attempt at a mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree.

Nick O'Leary is a possibility, but he's not a dynamic game changing TE that some are looking for.

There are some other interesting guys like Pharoah Brown, Clive Walford, and Ben Koyack.
    I would definitely like Pharoah Brown depending on how he recovers from his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Blake Bell...not sure how I feel about him. He's only been a TE for a year or something.
    If he has hands, he'll be another Dennis pitta for us I think. Guy can move if you give him space.

I'm not opposing Funchess. Color me skeptical