Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: A Plausible Prediction

I just hate the fact that Lamar is in essence holding the front office hostage. We are at his mercy and essentially in holding pattern while other teams have gotten dramatically better.

Does he have no sense of team at all? Or is his attitude "pay me what I want and I'll be a team guy, if not, screw you"?

It's a nice prediction. Who do you think might be traded-Queen, Duvernay, or someone else? Why so heavy on DL with 3/7 of your picks on DL? Just wondering when I consider our 3 need areas being DB,WR, and OL. Maybe put more picks on those areas. If they get more picks maybe put more emphasis on the DL. I just think that with a new coach and another year for Oweh and Ojabo and an off season pick-up we are good. With Washington, Madubuike, Pierce, Jones, and Urban we don't need much help there. IMO I would be looking to bolster that offense with depth and weapons vs the defense. Let's give Monken some more weapons on offense so we can be more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    I just hate the fact that Lamar is in essence holding the front office hostage. We are at his mercy and essentially in holding pattern while other teams have gotten dramatically better.

Does he have no sense of team at all? Or is his attitude "pay me what I want and I'll be a team guy, if not, screw you"?
    Maybe he's now just waiting for the dust to settle with Burrow and Herbert up for contracts. Maybe he is like you say. We'll have to wait and see.

I don't really think he has the leverage he or some ppl think. He bet on himself and basically lost. Had about as bad of an end of season as you could going into contract years. He has to play for the Ravens and he has to have a top qb year, or he will be in the same situation where no one wants to pay him what he thinks he's worth.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Z describing the offseason with one word then explaining it

Jeff Zrebiec (Ravens): Challenging. I certainly could have been harsher and used a word like horrific or disastrous. From the ongoing contract stalemate and trade demand involving Jackson to receiver Rashod Bateman going after general manager Eric DeCosta on Twitter to not being able to close deals for Darius Slay or a veteran quarterback, this has been one of the most trying offseasons in team history. The Jackson situation, in particular, has spurred so much angst and understandably so. Here’s the thing, though, and I know positivity isn’t usually my calling card. If they can just figure out a way to find a resolution to this Jackson situation, they will be just fine. They surely overpaid for Odell Beckham Jr., but he’ll help them if he’s healthy and his signing engaged and excited a fan base that was beyond frustrated. They’ll add a few veterans, including a cornerback, after May 1, when free agents no longer factor in the compensatory formula. They’ll likely add a cornerback and receiver in this draft. New offensive coordinator Todd Monken should help the passing game. Their roster is still pretty good and with a healthy and motivated Jackson back (and that’s hardly a given), plus a few additions, they’d be a hard team to count out in a loaded AFC.
    The bottom line is that Lamar is not worth $250 million guaranteed. The fact that he did not finish the last two seasons due to injury should be enough to warrant a lower dollar amount. Lamar evidently does not realize that he is not worth that much to any team let alone the Ravens. I do believe that something will happen on draft day with Lamar.

Blog Entries

It’s a spoiled brat taking his ball (or in this case his pen) and going home because he wants his way and can’t get it.
    He is a team player when he is on the team? We saw Mahomes hurt and win a SB. I saw Doug Williams hurt in 1st Q, come back in with a knee brace and a hitch in his giddy-up and set a Super Bowl record for most points scored in a quarter.

Lamar hurt very early in game 12. Missed 5 more games, and doesn’t even travel with the TEAM to the playoff game (which was ours to win late in the 4th Q.

Seems to be a great team player when he is top dog, otherwise it is King Lamar and faithful Odie O Colognes.

Dilfer could have probably beaten Cincy in that game, Huntley almost did. Lamar with a knee brace risked his career and his $250M guaranteed contract, so he stayed away.

He has EDC between a rock and a hard place , and we fans are really tired. Hurts signing shows LJ8 has a very inflated prideful view of himself, but I trust EDC as the man for the situation, as much as it is killing our excitement for the draft or anticipation of the preseason.

If Bijan is there, draft him (our new Jamal Lewis), trade Gus, cap relief, sign Flacco, and trade Lamar for 2firsts and a Costco pizza, Harbs is a master at building teams and sure looks like we have a square peg for a round hole on our team (no matter how good an Earl Thomas looked or Bernard Pollard hit)
    Heard Brady took less to sign players, do not want a team with one king and a lot of pawns. So tired of someone totally beating a high school rival’s contract to prove he is better.
    Win a stinking SB! Wou had a chance last year with Calais. He is gone now. But he gave it everything he could last year to make it happen.
    So tired of coming here and most threads are all about nothing changes about Mr total guarantee stench.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    So tired of coming here and most threads are all about nothing changes about Mr total guarantee stench.
    We all are. Well most of us. Ex seems to have a fetish for starting Lamar threads.

You know, from my sense from dealing with the public, the majority of fans honestly wouldn't be upset if Lamar is gone. Some will be ecstatic and a lesser amount will be angry or sad.

Look Lamar is a talented athlete. He can be electric. But the cold truth is he has never taken us anywhere in the post season. In those do or die situations when D coordinators are throwing everything at him he comes up small. He's missed 11 games the past two years. His passing numbers (other than 2019, which looks like an outlier) have been far from elite.

If the Ravens do wind up signing him long term, say for 5 years, I hope in years to come we're not moaning about what a horrible decision we made. Cause let's face it, his speed and running ability will diminish with age. And at a point we'll be relying on his arm as his main weapon. Are people confident in Lamar as a top notch, pass first QB?

I still say they will stay put and let the draft come to them. If there is a top 15 player on their board at 22 they make the pick. If not they look for offers to move back. Hooker is being talked up but likely out for most of the year. Minnesota is being said as the team most likely to take him. Teams interested need to get ahead of them. Houston is being talked up if they don't go QB at 2 or 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    It's a nice prediction. Who do you think might be traded-Queen, Duvernay, or someone else? Why so heavy on DL with 3/7 of your picks on DL? Just wondering when I consider our 3 need areas being DB,WR, and OL. Maybe put more picks on those areas. If they get more picks maybe put more emphasis on the DL. I just think that with a new coach and another year for Oweh and Ojabo and an off season pick-up we are good. With Washington, Madubuike, Pierce, Jones, and Urban we don't need much help there. IMO I would be looking to bolster that offense with depth and weapons vs the defense. Let's give Monken some more weapons on offense so we can be more dangerous.
    Great points! Queen & Duv were exactly who I was thinking of as far as draft day trades, especially Duv if we’ve earlier drafted a receiver. Offhand I’m not sure of the cap savings, but maybe Gus, too.

We have a full depth chart of DBs and I suspect a post-draft vet signing (Peters? Ya-Sin?) ready to go. I was looking for a quality addition, whether we pick at 22 or trade down.

I’d love to get our pass rush to critical mass where it’s a constant source of stress to the offense, not the off & on, hit & miss, we’ve seen in recent years. That’s why I looked to add front 7 players who’ve shown pass rush potential.

I’m hopeful that the presence of Monken and absence of Roman will have a refreshing and uplifting affect on our offense, especially the pass attack. We’ve already added Beckham and Agholor. A WR definitely needs to be drafted on Thursday or Friday. We can always draft more receivers, the list of prospects with draftable traits is long. Are Saturday WR picks going to be better than what we now have on the back end of our depth chart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all are. Well most of us. Ex seems to have a fetish for starting Lamar threads.

You know, from my sense from dealing with the public, the majority of fans honestly wouldn't be upset if Lamar is gone. Some will be ecstatic and a lesser amount will be angry or sad.

Look Lamar is a talented athlete. He can be electric. But the cold truth is he has never taken us anywhere in the post season. In those do or die situations when D coordinators are throwing everything at him he comes up small. He's missed 11 games the past two years. His passing numbers (other than 2019, which looks like an outlier) have been far from elite.

If the Ravens do wind up signing him long term, say for 5 years, I hope in years to come we're not moaning about what a horrible decision we made. Cause let's face it, his speed and running ability will diminish with age. And at a point we'll be relying on his arm as his main weapon. Are people confident in Lamar as a top notch, pass first QB?
    I don't think even Harbaugh thinks that or EDC. As they traded away the teams best Wide Receiver to draft a lineman. That is all you need to know where they think Lamar's skill lie.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I still say they will stay put and let the draft come to them. If there is a top 15 player on their board at 22 they make the pick. If not they look for offers to move back. Hooker is being talked up but likely out for most of the year. Minnesota is being said as the team most likely to take him. Teams interested need to get ahead of them. Houston is being talked up if they don't go QB at 2 or 12.
    The team's strategy is to trade back into end of first to get fifth year option. I could see them trading back in the first round but not out of the first round all together.