Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They closed $100 million gap just like that? The season ended 3 weeks ago and they aren't getting anywhere. There is only 1 month before the tag deadline. The Ravens and Lamar almost halfway through the time they have and they're nothing positive to report. We're not even getting the teases that keep getting released Barkley or Daniel Jones. If someone is leaking this to Fowler it's to make Lamar look unreasonable so when he doesn't come back the Ravens can put the blame on him. We wanted him back but it take 2 to tango as DeCosta said weeks ago.
    The only thing that will happen is Lamar gets tagged and the Ravens will do virtually nothing in free agency outside of cutting certain players. If Lamar isn't extended by April he'll likely end up a draft day trade or traded the day before.

[QUOTE=GOTA;2434508]It's Fowler who is a big reporter at ESPN talking to someone described as an 'Executive'. From the Ravens? Don't know. What's it's telling me is that they are very very far apart. Without an agent it's going to real tough for both sides to close that gap in a month when the tag deadline hits.[/QUOTE
    Inront think they are $100m apart in guarantees unless Lamar wants $280m in guarantees. The offer was between 160-amd 180m.

They closed $100 million gap just like that? The season ended 3 weeks ago and they aren't getting anywhere. There is only 1 month before the tag deadline. The Ravens and Lamar almost halfway through the time they have and they're nothing positive to report. We're not even getting the teases that keep getting released Barkley or Daniel Jones. If someone is leaking this to Fowler it's to make Lamar look unreasonable so when he doesn't come back the Ravens can put the blame on him. We wanted him back but it take 2 to tango as DeCosta said weeks ago.
    You're assuming the Ravens are leaking this.

[QUOTE=StalkRavenMad;2434594]
    It's Fowler who is a big reporter at ESPN talking to someone described as an 'Executive'. From the Ravens? Don't know. What's it's telling me is that they are very very far apart. Without an agent it's going to real tough for both sides to close that gap in a month when the tag deadline hits.[/QUOTE
    Inront think they are $100m apart in guarantees unless Lamar wants $280m in guarantees. The offer was between 160-amd 180m.
    “Fully guaranteed”

Lamar doesn’t care about any other number, reportedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the whole point. Duvernay made the Pro Bowl which pushes his cap number to $4.5 million. Cutting him saves $4.3 million. The Ravens can't afford a return guy who is #4 WR at that number. Pierce has played 11 games in the past 3 years combined. Can he stay healthy? Cutting Pierce saves $2.1 million.

Go listen to Brian McFarland. If the Ravens are going franchise Lamar even at the non-exclusive number they must create space. The Ravens don't use void years like most other teams. That means to lower cap number you either have to extend players, restructure or cut them. It's pretty obvious they aren't looking for more Brandon Williams type bloated restructures. That leaves extensions or cuts. Replacements have to come from much better drafting.
    And Duv will likely earn a 2nd rounder for a trade, no less than a 3rd. I'd prefer a restructure because of the numerous ways he helps the team and we do not have any capable receivers on the roster who are healthy.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    And Duv will likely earn a 2nd rounder for a trade, no less than a 3rd. I'd prefer a restructure because of the numerous ways he helps the team and we do not have any capable receivers on the roster who are healthy.
    A 2nd? Take that and RUN!!!!
    Even a 3rd…

Duv is not gonna draw a second lol yall are crazy

Blog Entries

I think they’ll extend Duv and he stays

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Duv is not gonna draw a second lol yall are crazy
    LOL.....so true.

Jackson is leaking this to get out of here. Baltimore would have no reason to leak this as it would diminish his trade value

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We have no power RB aside from Gus. He was grossly misused by Roman. A good OC will use him and play to his strengths. If healthy, Dobbins and Gus are a very good 1-2 punch with Hill as the #3 back.
    Dobbins also thinks (and he's right) that he has been grossly misused. And that on an offense that ran the ball a lot.
    Ideally you keep both and if the offense goes more pass happy you must cut the snap count to at least one of them but hey, nice problem to have.

If they tag Lamar, the numbers game says Edwards is a likely candidate to be traded for little dead cap. And you give Dobbins the carries he demands on the final year of his rookie contract, hoping he doesn't get injured and you are forced to play Drake or whatever second rate RB you have filled that room with.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    No one is paying a 3rd. Maybe a 5th. He's an expensive special teams guy. As a receiver Duvernay doesn't even have 1000 yards in 3 years combined. Ray-Ray McCloud who was with the Steelers and now with the 49ers costs half of Duvernay. $2 million a year is going to be his market value. He's tough to trade at $4 million