Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump fallout links

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well that’s just stupid

Standing outside, not expecting nor trying to go in would be the definiton of a peaceful protest.

What this idiotic take shows, is his mind is made up regardless of what took place.

Sad, but not surprising.

One thing that's painfully obvious to me is that the way forward is going to be difficult. I'm not sure how we can fix things if we can't even agree on what we are seeing or what is wrong.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-08-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Protesting things you agree with great, protesting something you dont agree with treason.
    Which group tried to stop an election with pipe bombs and zip ties while flying an enemy flag in our capital building...

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Our country only exists and can continue to function based on the universally held belief that our elections are free and fair. Everything, including civil rights guaranteed by our government, flow from that.

The T word and similar terms were used a lot the last 4 years by many to describe the excesses of the previous administration in investigating the then incoming Trump admin. How could people not see this was a "coup" attempt?... is something I recall hearing a lot.

It was described to me like this. If you think you are protecting the country/world from hitler then fudging a 302 form isn't treason, it's patriotism.

Here's a scenario for you. If you thought Republican governors and election officials in purple states cheated in an election and you knew it was fraudulent would you do nothing?

I think this rally was an attempt a a political spectacle that just got out of hand. I also think the people there had something as important as "social justice" to be upset about. They truly believe the election was fraudulent. If you make the assumption it was (I'm not, this is a hypothetical) then is marching on the capital treasonous or patriotic?

I have to say I completely disagree with you here. I resigned myself to Biden being president a long time ago so I feel like I am in a position to see the stunning double movie going on here and peoples biases and huge blind spots on display.

What Trump did showed a stunning lack of imagination and was akin to shouting fire in a crowded movie theater. He bears much of the blame for what happened. I think as with the things we saw this summer you had people very upset about something incredibly important (in this case the cornerstone of our democracy, our election process) and you had some bad actors that that escalated it.
    Marching in the streets , obstructing traffic, is fine its peaceful protest.

Entering into the capital of the United States, bringing pipe bombs, zip ties to kidnapp officials and stop democracy while flying the flag of the confederates inside the capital is treason full stop.

It sucks that the protests over the summer caused significant damage to property. Thats bs and not peaceful.

To try to equate the two at all... ppl need to look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Which group tried to stop an election with pipe bombs and zip ties while flying an enemy flag in our capital building...
    This mischaracterization just proves my point. QED

Blog Entries

Entering into the capital of the United States, bringing pipe bombs, zip ties to kidnapp officials and stop democracy while flying the flag of the confederates inside the capital is treason full stop.

It sucks that the protests over the summer caused significant damage to property. Thats bs and not peaceful.

Amen.

and Awoman.

This mischaracterization just proves my point. QED
    No. All those things happened. You saw them with your own eyes.

No. All those things happened. You saw them with your own eyes.
    Right, so no police station was set on fire over the summer, it was all just disrupting traffic????

Hmm. Which group tried to over turn in election with 4 years of fake scandals?

Until you can agree that both sides are wrong, you will always be wrong

Right, so no police station was set on fire over the summer, it was all just disrupting traffic????
    That was bad. Doesn't change the fact that this was bad also...

Blog Entries

Pipe bombs, zip ties, guns and chemical agents.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

You can't refuse to acknowledge that what happened on January the 6th happened, while creating some false narrative about what happened over the summer here. NO ONE on this board, condoned the actions of rioters over the summer. No one, not a single person. Deflecting from this, to keep referring back to that, as if everyone to a man was somehow not in agreement that burning police stations was unacceptable, is disingenuous to say the least.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore