Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jaylon Ferguson dead

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I don't understand it. Don't they just end up very likely killing their customers off? Seems like a lousy business plan. I know you're just relaying information that is probably very true..... it's just so damn stupid.
    I don’t get it either but it keeps happening. In April it was 5 West Point cadets who luckily didn’t die. Illegal drugs right now are more dangerous than ever. Each time could be your last. I have banged that into the heads of my kids. I am not above using Ferguson as an example to scare them into not doing it. That’s the 1 good thing that comes from this.

History is repeating itself in reverse. Read about the Great Opium Wars and how the British Empire ruined China with cheap imported opium. At the time China had one of the largest economies of the world. In 20-50 years it was a basket case, due to drugs and the hard currency they were draining out of China. Today China is making most of the fentanyl that is being imported and sold in the US. They are doing so as a way to weaken our country and as a highly profitable business. The worst thing we have done in the last fifty years is start trading with China.

The problem with fentanyl and it's cousins is it is too potent and a slight miscalculation results in a still deadly dosage. We are talking about things which need to be cut 1000:1 or greater just to be a safe high dose. If you are told it has been cut already and assume you only need to cut it 500:1 you send out a batch of killer dope. Or if you are told you have fentanyl and you have it's much more powerful cousin you do not cut it enough and kill people. Worse it gets mixed into other dope to cover the over cutting of that product. Cocaine is over cut gets a boost with fentanyl and it often is cheap to boost up your coke high. Then you get product immunity and people start increasing dosage to get their high and hit a hot batch and all die. For no other reason alone we need to close the southern border where 99% of this stuff comes across. Jaylon was just one more victim who bought what he thought was a safe drug and found out the hard way it was too strong.

Sad sad situation all around. Fentanyl is not something to mess around with and the government really needs to crack down on it. It is killing people more and more everyday. I know some will say well if you don't start doing drugs then you won't have to worry about it.

That's not the point.
    Anything worth doing in life requires grit and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    History is repeating itself in reverse. Read about the Great Opium Wars and how the British Empire ruined China with cheap imported opium. At the time China had one of the largest economies of the world. In 20-50 years it was a basket case, due to drugs and the hard currency they were draining out of China. Today China is making most of the fentanyl that is being imported and sold in the US. They are doing so as a way to weaken our country and as a highly profitable business. The worst thing we have done in the last fifty years is start trading with China.

The problem with fentanyl and it's cousins is it is too potent and a slight miscalculation results in a still deadly dosage. We are talking about things which need to be cut 1000:1 or greater just to be a safe high dose. If you are told it has been cut already and assume you only need to cut it 500:1 you send out a batch of killer dope. Or if you are told you have fentanyl and you have it's much more powerful cousin you do not cut it enough and kill people. Worse it gets mixed into other dope to cover the over cutting of that product. Cocaine is over cut gets a boost with fentanyl and it often is cheap to boost up your coke high. Then you get product immunity and people start increasing dosage to get their high and hit a hot batch and all die. For no other reason alone we need to close the southern border where 99% of this stuff comes across. Jaylon was just one more victim who bought what he thought was a safe drug and found out the hard way it was too strong.
    Absolutely. The fentanyl is pouring through the southern border from China by the Mexican drug cartels taking advantage of the open borders. Their business model for distribution is becoming sophisticated through social media, and unsuspecting people are dropping dead thinking they’re buying a Percocet, or some other weaker opioid with less risk. Turns out to be a counterfeit pill that’s really fentanyl. It’s an epidemic that’s not being treated as one.

5. Re: Jaylon Ferguson dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post

The problem there is that the cartels have so much money they can easily defeat any deterents we put in place. I dont believe we can make a 2000 mile border impervious to drug smuggling.

We need to decrease demand, its our only hope.

6. Re: Jaylon Ferguson dead

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don’t get it either but it keeps happening. In April it was 5 West Point cadets who luckily didn’t die. Illegal drugs right now are more dangerous than ever. Each time could be your last. I have banged that into the heads of my kids. I am not above using Ferguson as an example to scare them into not doing it. That’s the 1 good thing that comes from this.
    The best move I ever made was introducing my kid to a woman I went to school with. She was a stunningly beautiful girl who wound up with a serious cocaine habit back in the 80s. By 2000 she got herself straight but looked like she was 75-80 years old instead of late 40s. She flat out told my son "look at me". She told him she didnt know a single person who tried drugs who intended to become a junkie. She also made it clear that she had nothing in her life, she was struggling week to week just to survive and at her age that was probably the best she could ever hope for.

It had a profound effect on him and I will be eternally gratefull to her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    The problem there is that the cartels have so much money they can easily defeat any deterents we put in place. I dont believe we can make a 2000 mile border impervious to drug smuggling.

We need to decrease demand, its our only hope.
    And they are taking advantage of a need that started through a dark history of the way and purpose for which hard drugs were introduced into this country in the not so distant past.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The sad part is at least in Baltimore city people there is extremely high demand for this stuff, as opposed to regular heroin. The majority of people who use it regularly build up a tolerance to the drug, to the point where they cannot get high off heroin or pills no matter how much they use. As you can imagine the withdrawal from this stuff is supposed to be hell on earth, unbearable to the point where people wanting to quit have to be locked into a facility, often on suicide watch, in order to successfully detox. It keeps people trapped using it even if they no longer want to, regardless of their will power to quit. That is why its such a dangerous and evil substance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And they are taking advantage of a need that started through a dark history of the way and purpose for which hard drugs were introduced into this country in the not so distant past.
    Holy shit, he’s back!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Giggles View Post
    Sad sad situation all around. Fentanyl is not something to mess around with and the government really needs to crack down on it. It is killing people more and more everyday. I know some will say well if you don't start doing drugs then you won't have to worry about it.

That's not the point.
    Mr. G, then what is the point? If people stop buying a product, any product, the company that produces it will eventually go out of business. As far as "the government really needs to crack down on it" goes, we've had a War on Drugs for as long as I can remember, but it seems an unwinnable battle. You can legislate all you want, advertise and educate the public, but to me it boils down to how your family brings you up, then mostly what you decide to do with your life... Bc

I doubt he knew any Fent was in it. He figured "do some coke", "
    it will be out of your system quickly".

Quote Originally Posted by markdeerhunter View Post
    I doubt he knew any Fent was in it. He figured "do some coke", "
    it will be out of your system quickly".
    This would be my guess as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk