Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: An out of the box trade

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I think you may see Bowser in the ILB rotation. He apparently has great coverage skills and has shown he can cover a lot of real estate with his speed and tackling ability. I think of all our 2017 draft picks so far, he's the one that intrigues me most. Tim Williams seems like a pure edge rusher where Bowser seems more like a hybrid type that can move inside or outside.

It's a good problem to have with all this talent up front!
    Bowser seems ideal for the SAM position IMO.

Splitting time with Judon and battling for the #1 makes sense to me. SAM in our scheme requires some coverage skills, but also mixes in the pass rush. That sounds like Bowser to me.

That being said, it could happen. Maybe in the nickel we see Bowser beside Mosely.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

definitely an out of the box idea for a trade, I personally wouldn't do it, outside of Maclin everyone else at WR is question mark if you trade Wallace. For Oline help a realistic trade would be a low round pick for a 2nd string lineman at this point who may have potential starter talent or serviceable starting talent at best. The only thing I can hope for at this point is some lineman gets cut due to cap and age and stiff competition from a younger player pushing for a start once teams start trimming their roster. Other than that? buckle up chilrens!

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Also - why trade away a player we control for two years for a one season loaner; I don't get the sense the Ravens think they're in a "win now" mode. I've been saying this for a while, the Ravens might be thinking two year leash for Harbaugh and Ozzie. This season was about getting a defense that will be sustained for 3-4 years, and next year they'll figure out the Offense.

It makes the resigning of Williams, investment in the secondary, and considerable draft capital spent on defense make sense (at least to me)...
    Well, in fairness, if you traded for Incognito, you'd control him for 17 and 18, so basically the same time period as Perriman. Though Incognito would be significantly more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    definitely an out of the box idea for a trade, I personally wouldn't do it, outside of Maclin everyone else at WR is question mark if you trade Wallace. For Oline help a realistic trade would be a low round pick for a 2nd string lineman at this point who may have potential starter talent or serviceable starting talent at best. The only thing I can hope for at this point is some lineman gets cut due to cap and age and stiff competition from a younger player pushing for a start once teams start trimming their roster. Other than that? buckle up chilrens!
    Unfortunately our entire O is a question mark given that Joe couldn't play.

Would have been nice to see what they look like as a unit.

Other teams with better weapons look like shit, such as the Giants so it's not the end of the world.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Unfortunately our entire O is a question mark given that Joe couldn't play.

Would have been nice to see what they look like as a unit.

Other teams with better weapons look like shit, such as the Giants so it's not the end of the world.
    next year Cole lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lol you really think after 20 years Ozzie is just going to magically figure out how to build an offense? We won't see a real NFL offense until Ozzie and John are gone. It should happen after this season if they fail to win a playoff game. Now they have the injuries as an excuse (which is funny since the only two starters that are injured is a lg and scb this shouldn't be an excuse)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depending on how the defense shakes out this season, I could honestly see them taking like a Browns-like approach. Basically using like 6-7 draft picks on offense. Frankly, its almost impossible to completely whiff. If you get like 2 starters and some depth out of that, you've made this team significantly better.

Frankly, I don't really doubt our FO's ability to find Oline talent in the draft. I doubt them at the WR position, in which case I would again literally draft like 3-4 of them over the course of two years. If you nail even one, nobody will care about the misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lol you really think after 20 years Ozzie is just going to magically figure out how to build an offense? We won't see a real NFL offense until Ozzie and John are gone. It should happen after this season if they fail to win a playoff game. Now they have the injuries as an excuse (which is funny since the only two starters that are injured is a lg and scb this shouldn't be an excuse)

And you know, the starting qb

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Only encouraging thing is we don't have to retain too much on defense next year.

The big ones will be Mosely and Urban (if he has a huge year).

I think you keep Mosely 100%, but I'd like Urban go if we see something from Wormley/Kaufasi this year.

Other than that we return most of our players. Only position I'd really draft at is ILB in the mid-rounds. First 3 rounds should be nothing but WR, OL and RB.

History says the Ravens build D up the middle
    Haloti-Lewis-Reed
    now BWill-Mosley-Weddle/Jefferson
    I don't think they keep Urban no matter how big of year he has (and I hope he does) -he is the Art Jones, Pernell McPhee, Paul Kruger of this team

I do agree it is time for high OL again ... Stanley (2016), KO (2012), Oher (2009), Grubbs (Yanda) (2007), Chester (2006), Terry (2005)

Yanda allowed a measure of offensive stability, as did finding Wagner
    But while the FO keeps a pipeline of new talent to develop (Urschel, Jensen, Jah) it is no sure thing and a bunch do not work out (Harewood, Robert Myers, Gino, Oneil)

There have been imports that hit (Burke, Willie Anderson) imports that gave a year carry over Bobbie Williams, Vlad Ducasse, Andre Gurdoe, and flops like Mark LeVoir

Nico hurt, IMO he would have started, but the pipeline while still there, isn't that good (DeOndre is the latest Jah)

It is time to spend high on OL again ... from the ones I posted, we were doing it every year (Terry-Chester-Grubbs), then every other year Grubbs to Oher, then 3 years Oher to KO, then 4 years KO to Stanley ... that is too long and those years coincide with the DC who would have thought something like that

Jensen is an UFA in 2018, Yanda has been playing through injuries, and we lose a quality OLman every rookie contract expiration (KO, Wagner, Oher, Grubbs)

What is scary is that Stanley is in his rookie contract and we are squeezed by the cap .... Ravens have spent (core team) on LT and possible a second OL, so we should pay Stanley if possible but need quality in case we can't

Definitely OL and not 4th and 5th like this year .... Need a 1st or 2nd and a 4th or 5th
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

If the Ravens are trading anyone, it's a DL'man or LB'er.

Carl Davis
    Za Smith
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Bronson Kaufusi
    Albert McClellan
    Peanut Onwuasor
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the Ravens are trading anyone, it's a DL'man or LB'er.

Carl Davis
    Za Smith
    Willie Henry
    Brent Urban
    Bronson Kaufusi
    Albert McClellan
    Peanut Onwuasor
    Think we covered this in another thread. Most of those guys have virtually no trade value. Urban would be the only one of the group above that's a viable trade chip, and there's no point in trading him when he's likely to start and play a lot.

We don't really have a LB worth trading, and IF we were going to trade a Dlineman and expect to get a starting caliber player in return, it would be Pierce and Pierce alone pretty much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Think we covered this in another thread. Most of those guys have virtually no trade value. Urban would be the only one of the group above that's a viable trade chip, and there's no point in trading him when he's likely to start and play a lot.

We don't really have a LB worth trading, and IF we were going to trade a Dlineman and expect to get a starting caliber player in return, it would be Pierce and Pierce alone pretty much.
    I disagree. As GOTA point out, we're not going to see the Ravens trade a potential starter for them. They're going to either trade picks (likely) or picks and a depth player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree. As GOTA point out, we're not going to see the Ravens trade a potential starter for them. They're going to either trade picks (likely) or picks and a depth player.
    I don't see why they wouldn't do something similar to what Philly n sea just did