Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Gurley

Re: Todd Gurley

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    here are the positions where we 100% don't need a big name FA signing: QB, RB, TE, CB, K, LT, RT.
    And P, LS, C, LG, RG.

To me, it's all about the front 7. They have got to get better there, pronto.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

If you wanted to make the case of trading for a bad contract from the Rams, at least make it Brandin Cooks since, you know, it would fill an actual need on this team.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    here are the positions where we 100% don't need a big name FA signing: QB, RB, TE, CB, K, LT, RT.
    Add S.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why not? It would only be a $15 million cap hit to the Cowboys to move Zeke. They'd love to make a bad cap situation $15 million worse!
    how about lev bell? dude doesnt even need an O line. STUD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    how about lev bell? dude doesnt even need an O line. STUD
    The cap hit is $3.5 but the Jets have tons of space and the coach hates him. You can get Bell. I still feel that Ingram is much better for us but Bell is an option if they wanted a star RB

The cap hit is $3.5 but the Jets have tons of space and the coach hates him. You can get Bell. I still feel that Ingram is much better for us but Bell is an option if they wanted a star RB
    Bell is younger and a better receiver. If ingram goes down again we're once again screwed putting everything on Lamar. Bell wanted to come here too. The only dud move from EDC was not going after him or we might be SB champs right now with both bell and ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Add S.
    oh yeah, forgot about that.

i said this last year, i don't see Bell's running style (patient, waiting very long times for a lane to open) fits at all with the offensive scheme (each play they are set up to potentially attack D a number of ways at snap and immediately after snap). the run game was so great because the D couldn't figure out who had the ball and by the time defenders realized Ingram had it a lot of times he was already 5 yards downfield with a head of steam. you'd lose that with a back who's waiting behind his OLine. Ingram is the perfect fit. Edwards is a perfect backup (5.3yds/carry for a sub $600k contract). I don't think Bell is better than Ingram in this scheme. He might not be better than Edwards in this scheme. He certainly wouldn't give you the value of Edwards. and Justice Hill might make that second year leap, and also it's entirely possible Ricard gets some carries next season. Bell would bring receiving skills to the table, but I still don't see how he makes us that much better. Not to mention, there's at least a risk of some character issues, not like arrests or anything like that but just possibly being a disruptive force in the locker room. Bell would be better than Gurley, i'll give you that. Much better value. Better RB for sure. But any time you're bringing in someone to not utilize their best attributes (patient, waiting behind OLine picking his spots, basically the kind of RB that can make a sub-par OLine look much better), you're not going to pay as much as a team who wants that player to use those attributes.

The cap hit is $3.5 but the Jets have tons of space and the coach hates him. You can get Bell. I still feel that Ingram is much better for us but Bell is an option if they wanted a star broken down has-been RB
    Fixed that for you.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

And Culex laughs as his bait gets taken again to the tune of 7 pages of posts over a ridiculous proposal.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

If you have a gteat line slightly above average backs with modest salaries will do.
    One position I'm really not in favor of spending huge cap dollars on.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This site needs to require an IQ test before anyone is allowed to post...