Page 152 of 377 FirstFirst ... 150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,813 to 1,824 of 4524
    Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Draft Thread -- because we have an unhealthy obsession

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I participated in a mock on another website represnting the Ravens.

R3 P78:
    Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt (he looks like a fit at RT in the NFL. He lacks length to play the left side (6'7 but shorter arms) adn he's not as athletic as I like to see, but in the 3rd round you can't get too picky. He's a good powerful blocker)
    I like Holden, was hoping we would get him with the comp pick

Where did Lorenzo Jerome go?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    1) Peppers
    2. Jones
    3. Reddick
    somebody is a little high on Peppers I see.

I view him a 2nd round talent and in noway would i disrespect Orr by saying hes definitive upgrade from the start. Honestly I think Peanut could really improve enough to not even warrant such a high investment in a similar player, as i see both needing development to make the switch.

If jones and Peppers are the only two in play, which they wont be, I see Ozzie flying to the podium to take Jones. not even in the same realm, imo.
    -JAB

My favourite after the combine is Sidney Jones.

I really like what that kid can do.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

It will be interesting to see how the combine affected players' stock in the eyes of the general public when the dust settles. A lot of mixed reviews on someone like Leonard Fournette for instance...maybe his lack of explosion compared to expectations drops him into our range (I was expecting a mid-high 4.4 out of him even at his weight, although 4.51 isn't far off).

How far up does John Ross move?...I assume he'll be gone by our pick now.

How far down do Reuben Foster and Jonathan Allen fall...and how do we view their issues?

Where does McCaffrey land at? I think he's going to be a very useful player but he hasn't assuaged my concerns over a limited ceiling physically since his 40 was about where I expected and his bench was disappointing.

Where the heck does Peppers even end up? I've seen people have him top 10 all the way down to late 2nd rounder. Personally I'm a fan, I think he's been in the spotlight so long his game is getting over-analyzed and picked apart more than it deserves. I see a dynamic and athletic playmaker with star potential.

Will the Browns do something stupid?...hopefully this one doesn't need answering.

Blog Entries

I've been watching some Ryan Switzer tape. Really like his skills. I think he could be a better version of Camp and clearly a tougher version. Switzer is very Wes Welker-like.

What I don't like about Switzer is that he catches the ball with his body A LOT. I'm not crazy about that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

IMO...Top Day 2 and later WRs for fit

Outside
    Z Jones, Godwin and T Taylor
    Under review: Carlos Henderson

Slot
    Same as above plus Ryan Switzer, and Tanner Gentry
    Re Godwin: Never played slot in '16, but he has the toughness, footwork & body english
    Under review: Kendrick Bourne (big slot)

Outside and Slot
    Same as above, minus Switzer, minus Bourne
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've been watching some Ryan Switzer tape. Really like his skills. I think he could be a better version of Camp and clearly a tougher version. Switzer is very Wes Welker-like.

What I don't like about Switzer is that he catches the ball with his body A LOT. I'm not crazy about that.
    Yup. He definitely needs to clean that isht up.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco's_Haircut View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the combine affected players' stock in the eyes of the general public when the dust settles. A lot of mixed reviews on someone like Leonard Fournette for instance...maybe his lack of explosion compared to expectations drops him into our range (I was expecting a mid-high 4.4 out of him even at his weight, although 4.51 isn't far off).

How far up does John Ross move?...I assume he'll be gone by our pick now.

How far down do Reuben Foster and Jonathan Allen fall...and how do we view their issues?

Where does McCaffrey land at? I think he's going to be a very useful player but he hasn't assuaged my concerns over a limited ceiling physically since his 40 was about where I expected and his bench was disappointing.

Where the heck does Peppers even end up? I've seen people have him top 10 all the way down to late 2nd rounder. Personally I'm a fan, I think he's been in the spotlight so long his game is getting over-analyzed and picked apart more than it deserves. I see a dynamic and athletic playmaker with star potential.

Will the Browns do something stupid?...hopefully this one doesn't need answering.
    Re Reuben Foster - I think he was going to drop anyway for two reasons:
    1) His weight. He weighed in at 229. That is going to be problematic for teams that run a 3-4 base defense and need linebackers with a little more "ass" to them. I think Foster will be in play into the 20's.
    2) There are a lot of really good inside linebacker options in this draft. Haasan Reddick, Reuben Foster, Zach Cunningham, and Jarrad Davis are probably the cream of the crop. I could see a run on linebacker in the 2nd round, but any one of those guys could go in the bottom of round-1.

Re Jon Allen - He did 21 reps on the bench. Sure, for a 286lb guy you'd like to see him throw a few more reps up, but 21 isn't anything to hang your head over. I think the concerns about his shoulders are scouts blowing smoke trying to get him to slide down.

Blog Entries

I havent seen a lot people talking about Jamal Adams but he should be in play at 16, no?

Depending how the team stacks its board at safety, Adams could theoretically be their top S available when were on the clock. Theyve said they like the S as well as the CBs so im not sure they prefer one over the other. GOTA im sure has an insightful opinion on him, honestly i know little than he seems to be a good all around safety from scouts. I also read on his combine profile hes a natural leader, I think it would be good to get some youth in the secondary that has that mentality.

Obviously that would make cutting Webb more likely. Theres also the possibility they try to cut his cap and use him as abackup at both CB and S. Personally as bad as Webb was at CB, hes still been better than some of the garbage weve put out there. maybe the team sees it the same way and alright with a tweener.

that cap number though...
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I havent seen a lot people talking about Jamal Adams but he should be in play at 16, no?

Depending how the team stacks its board at safety, Adams could theoretically be their top S available when were on the clock. Theyve said they like the S as well as the CBs so im not sure they prefer one over the other. GOTA im sure has an insightful opinion on him, honestly i know little than he seems to be a good all around safety from scouts. I also read on his combine profile hes a natural leader, I think it would be good to get some youth in the secondary that has that mentality.

Obviously that would make cutting Webb more likely. Theres also the possibility they try to cut his cap and use him as abackup at both CB and S. Personally as bad as Webb was at CB, hes still been better than some of the garbage weve put out there. maybe the team sees it the same way and alright with a tweener.

that cap number though...
    Highly doubt Adams is available at 16. He's probably a top ten pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Highly doubt Adams is available at 16. He's probably a top ten pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that could be why. I thought Hooker was deemed the top 10 S by most?
    -JAB

Anyone else feel like there's a lack of slot WR's in this draft?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB