Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dean Pees talks about the dime

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    So you're projecting that Clark makes the final 53? A few of the final 53 predictions I've seen don't have him making the 53.

/Off-topic/
    I'm praying that he does! He's a good friend of my son's and I used to coach both of them when they played pop warner.
    You didn't ask me, but personally I think he will. Apparently he's a great ST guy.

He didn't do anythign spectacular on Friday, but he also didn't do anything to hurt his spot. Film graded him as:

Clark (0): It’s unusual for the Ravens to cut a draft pick and Clark delivered a QH (Q3, 0:38) and made a nice open field tackle for no YAC (Q3, 11:42) which should help him solidify a core special teams role. In both round (6th) and size (6’, 210 lbs), he fits the mold of an Ozzie Newsome dime even if unable to find a starting spot on the back end.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'll believe it when I see it and real bullets are flying.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it and real bullets are flying.
    Like the bullet that Hill was blitzing off the edge in a disguised bltiz on Thursday? ;)

I mean he didn't finish the sack, but it was a damn nice rush.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

4. Re: Dean Pees talks about the dime

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You didn't ask me, but personally I think he will. Apparently he's a great ST guy.

He didn't do anythign spectacular on Friday, but he also didn't do anything to hurt his spot. Film graded him as:

Clark (0): It’s unusual for the Ravens to cut a draft pick and Clark delivered a QH (Q3, 0:38) and made a nice open field tackle for no YAC (Q3, 11:42) which should help him solidify a core special teams role. In both round (6th) and size (6’, 210 lbs), he fits the mold of an Ozzie Newsome dime even if unable to find a starting spot on the back end.
    Thanks, yeah I saw his write up on Chuck. But not seeing too many projected rosters w/ him on it. Again, I hope he makes it. It will be nice to brag and say, "hey, I used to coach him"!!

Like the bullet that Hill was blitzing off the edge in a disguised bltiz on Thursday? ;)

I mean he didn't finish the sack, but it was a damn nice rush.
    nah...regular season.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Opposing coordinators saw it and out coached Pees as well.
    The good QBs like Brady, Ben, etc. just dice that shit up which is why we have those 4th quarter collapses.
    There are no excuses now to have these collapses.
    It's sink or swim for Pees now IMO.
    That's the thing though, despite who we have on the field, opposing coordinators are still going to outcoach Pees. He'll still probably have the corners play 10 yards off on 3rd and 3 and he'll still probably give the offense the sidelines in the last 2 minutes of a game. No talent in the world will overcome his inept coaching.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It's unusual for the Ravens to cut a draft pick, but it's also unusual for them to a) have quality depth at safety, b) have a position as deep as DL is this year, c) have a ton of injuries that will require backfilling the roster, and d) have multiple UFAs like Ricard and Hill who are outperforming said draft pick. Those things might conspire to make Clark an exception to the rule.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It's unusual for the Ravens to cut a draft pick, but it's also unusual for them to a) have quality depth at safety, b) have a position as deep as DL is this year, c) have a ton of injuries that will require backfilling the roster, and d) have multiple UFAs like Ricard and Hill who are outperforming said draft pick. Those things might conspire to make Clark an exception to the rule.
    Unusual yes, but rare? no
    Keenan Reynolds 6th 2016
    Robert Snacks Myers 5th 2015
    Keith Wenning 6th 2014
    Marc Anthony 7th 2013
    Maybe Tommy Streeter 6th 2012 actually IR and in the early cut down in 2013

In 2009 was both the 5th Davon Drew and the 6th Cedric Peerman in a draft where we only had 6 picks

So while we are in a streak of an UDFA making the team 13 years in a row, we are also in a streak of cutting a draft pick the last 4 years in a row (and 5 if we count Streeter

We have a slightly skewed perception because we also tend to hold onto draft picks hoping they develop ... Chykie, Asa, Ramone, Jason Phillips, ABrown, Tavares, Justin Harper...
    But things have changed a little, the team cuts bait a bit quicker, and doesn't hesitate to release a draft pick ... which probably also helps recruiting/signing UDFA because recent history shows that we will cut a draft pick to keep a UDFA who has earned a spot on the team.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

I don't believe a single word that mother fucker says.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don't think we are deep at safety at all.

I consider Levine a S/LB hybrid, but other than that it's just Webb, Weddle and Jefferson.

I don't think Levine plays as a true safety unless they're depleted. He usually comes in as a LB in the dime or a slot corner/SS role in the nickel.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

sounds like Levine was all over the field today. Had a sack also

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sounds like Levine was all over the field today. Had a sack also
    Did he sack Pees?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore