Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: How good will the Ravens be

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Just think, when LJ finally get's his chance (which could be this year depending on how Flacco plays) and does not do well he will be run out of Dodge by the same one's who think he is the savior on this board.
    How many other draft picks did you just assume are going to not play well before seeing a single snap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_NY View Post
    How many other draft picks did you just assume are going to not play well before seeing a single snap?

Unfortunately LJ isn’t like any other draft pick. While I agree it’s extreme to assume he’ll do poorly before seeing a snap ...history says Heisman winning , run option QBs don’t do well at the NFL level. Hopefully LJ is the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Unfortunately LJ isn’t like any other draft pick. While I agree it’s extreme to assume he’ll do poorly before seeing a snap ...history says Heisman winning , run option QBs don’t do well at the NFL level. Hopefully LJ is the exception.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_NY View Post

Well if he's looking at LJ as our second round pick, I could see his concern.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

...history says Heisman winning , run option QBs don’t do well at the NFL level. Hopefully LJ is the exception.
    Is it accurate to describe LJ as a "run option QB"?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is it accurate to describe LJ as a "run option QB"?
    Figured that was better than run first. I’m not knocking the kid. Let’s be honest ...he out gained the number one drafted RB in the draft. That’s pretty well running is a huge part of his game.

LJ will rip up the league this year and the Ravens will shock the world.

Figured that was better than run first. I’m not knocking the kid. Let’s be honest: he out gained the number one drafted RB in the draft. That’s pretty well running is a huge part of his game.
    Not trying to accuse you of anything. I meant it as a question. I know Louisville's offense sent LJ on a lot of designed runs; didn't know if they had option runs or RPOs.

Not trying to accuse you of anything. I meant it as a question. I know Louisville's offense sent LJ on a lot of designed runs; didn't know if they had option runs or RPOs.
    I’m not sure. To be honest. I do know that LJ basically was their offense. I hope he can translate that to the NFL.

Here’s a good article from Jackson’s Heisman year. Patrino is a smart dude.
    https://es.pn/2cGEISg

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    If they let Lamar Jackson be the red zone quarterback we should go 13-3
    This may be the best use of LJ this year. Not that he can’t throw the ball deep or anything like that ...but in the RedZone with a single back and 3 wide set...LJ should be almost unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Figured that was better than run first. I’m not knocking the kid. Let’s be honest ...he out gained the number one drafted RB in the draft. That’s pretty well running is a huge part of his game.

QB designed runs are a huge part of Louisville's run game and Lamar is a dynamic runner but its a bonus to his passing ability.
    Being a dynamic runner doesn't say anything one way or another about the QB's ability as a passer and Lamar is a much better passer then people give him credit for being.

Seeing Jackson run is blinding.

True story. Its in one of items I posted i'll find it.*(SI article)
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/03/la...ger-louisville

A Louisville scout showed Petrino Jackson's scouting tape with Jackson's runs included but it didn't catch Petrino's eye. Later the scout took the same tape and removed the runs then Petrino asked the scout who is that kid...can we get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones SI
    Petrino took the Louisville job in January 2014, and Thomas followed him, continuing to recruit Jackson. He had a tough time selling his boss on the quarterback’s tape, though, so he came up with a different approach.
    “His highlight film at first was runs and then throws,” Thomas says. “I told [Swain], Hey, put that throwing on his highlight film first. Don’t put that running crap up first.”
    Swain changed the film and posted a new highlight tape to Hudl. Thomas sat down with Petrino in the offensive meeting room.
    Have you told me about this kid before?
    “Yes, coach.”
    Can we get this kid?
    “Coach, I got him!”
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-20-2018 at 06:50 PM.