Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If you want our offense to go up tempo 100 % of the time even when it doesn't make sense, go root for an NFC South team, or better yet go watch basketball or our version of football.
    For me, it's about adjusting during the game in attempt to counter what the defense is doing causing you to be unsuccessful.
    The object of the game (other then to win it any way) is to score points making it more likely and giving you a better chance at winning the game.

When you go series after series after series after series doing basically the same thing with no success you are leaving the door wide open for the opposition to adjust and have success against your defense.

A team like the Chargers can make that happen at any given time (and has done so on multiple occasions against us)

Not scoring puts an enormous amount of pressure on your defense to basically have to play perfect.

Fortunately they have stood up to that challenge for most of the season against inferior teams or teams that didn't have all their tools for success.

It took a miracle play to get that win because we were trying to turn it into a slug fest rather then trying to curb stomp the opponent from the get go.

We try that crap against teams in the playoffs and I'm not so sure the outcome will be the same.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If you want our offense to go up tempo 100 % of the time even when it doesn't make sense, go root for an NFC South team, or better yet go watch basketball or our version of football.
    2 thoughts:

Staying out of the higher octane no huddle reduces chances of turnovers (we didn't turn the ball over, just an
    Oher-recovered sack fumble and a dropped pick). Pls.see "No trust Joe" thesis;

San Diego/Qualcom was an undersold, Surf Bro setting in which the no huddle was possible (.though it was used more once the crowd had awoken)

Blog Entries

I noticed something a while back and what to pose the question to see if the fans have picked up on something that our coaches have not seemed to have picked up on.

When does Flacco and our offense, but mainly Flacco, do well on the road? I know the answer (it is my question after all), does anyone else?

Our 'road' offense's effectiveness in the Cam scheme is predicated on the Ravens running the ball well. The OL aint opening too many holes, so the running game has been pretty poor of late. Thus we get into 3rd and longs and we have extended bad stretches during the Browns/Steelers/Chargers games. If the OL blocks better, our road offense can work, but that's a big if. I have little confidence in our OL. I really think the Texans game scared the shit out of Cam b/c the high tempo offense flopped, so Cam went back to his comfort zone, ball control offense. There could be a happy medium where you can mix it up and keep the opposing defense on their toes, but it always seems like its black or white with Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I noticed something a while back and what to pose the question to see if the fans have picked up on something that our coaches have not seemed to have picked up on.

When does Flacco and our offense, but mainly Flacco, do well on the road? I know the answer (it is my question after all), does anyone else?
    They play better when they are behind and Joe plays from the shotgun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    They play better when they are behind and Joe plays from the shotgun.
    For the most part this is right. Shotgun, no huddle, more specifically the two minute drill.

Patriots playoff game
    Steelers last year and 10
    Chargers this year.
    etc.

Why wait till you "have to" to run it if it works. I don't get it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Harbaugh said he wanted to make it into an AFCN type game (not really sure why though)
    Exactly - Harbs wanted a low scoring, possession type game because he didn't think they would fare as well in a high scoring shootout. He got the game he wanted and they managed to win it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Joe played from the shotgun at Delaware. Joe is comfortable playing from the shotgun - he has the physical height and size and arm to excel from the shotgun. He is a natural playing that way. He's better from the shotgun. Look at how Peyton Manning plays from the shotgun. Joe can do it just as well if they let him. Why they continue to try to force that square peg into the round hole of their playbook is beyond any reasonable understanding.

The problem with making it an AFC North type game is that you really have to have both teams playing comparably. It works against teams like Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci because for the most part they are willing to play the same way. It doesn't usually work against teams like Texas, Atlanta, San Diego (although they pulled it out Sunday) etc. etc.

Its like scheduling a boxing match between Muhammad Ali and the World Wide Wrestling champ. Who would you expect to win that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For the most part this is right. Shotgun, no huddle, more specifically the two minute drill.

Patriots playoff game
    Steelers last year and 10
    Chargers this year.
    etc.

Why wait till you "have to" to run it if it works. I don't get it...
    Last edited by rharris1986; 11-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.

9. Re: This is INSANITY

In the 4th Qtr, we started using the whole field by sending our WRs on slants and crossing patterns over the middle of the field.

Just use the entire route tree and the entire field more often.

Don't give me this crap that Joe can't make those kind of throws or our WRs can't run those routes--we've seen them do it on the rare occasions when those plays are called.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    In the 4th Qtr, we started using the whole field by sending our WRs on slants and crossing patterns over the middle of the field.

Just use the entire route tree and the entire field more often.

Don't give me this crap that Joe can't make those kind of throws or our WRs can't run those routes--we've seen them do it on the rare occasions when those plays are called.
    Sad part is Boldin has to tell CAM that!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Its definitely on the coaching that the OL decided not to block anyone and the Receivers repeatedly dropped balls that would've kept drives alive through the first 50 minutes

Clearly a matter of "execution" for the first 50 minutes. If you know the location of secret switch that turns it on and off - please share it with us - or at least share it with the Ravens coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Its definitely on the coaching that the OL decided not to block anyone and the Receivers repeatedly dropped balls that would've kept drives alive through the first 50 minutes