Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: OT -Sayonara

Re: OT -Sayonara

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    You said it yourself. Some words. Come on now are we grown adults they should have ignored the words and been the bigger men.
    Well many of us are responsible for electing a person to represent us and our best interests, and now we're supposed to just ignore what he says?

Yikes.

In most cases, I'd agree with you... just words, ignore, etc.

Not really applicable with a person who quite literally is chosen to represent ALL of us.

Actually no. I was agreeing with you for the most part by highlighting a continuation of the over reaction of police and saying they need more training not to be so quick on the trigger.
    Well then I apologize. I thought you were agreeing until that "your point" at the end. That threw me off, I guess

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Well many of us are responsible for electing a person to represent us and our best interests, and now we're supposed to just ignore what he says?

Yikes.

In most cases, I'd agree with you... just words, ignore, etc.

Not really applicable with a person who quite literally is chosen to represent ALL of us.
    Is he making policy that creates jobs and improves infrastructure, secures the country, takes care of our own country or is he making policy based of tweets. I'm confused. I didn't vote for him because of his tweets although some of them are hilarious, I voted for him because of his America first agenda. I've seen the wasted tax payer dollars that should be used to improve our own country

I'll be bailing on the NFL as well. I've been a long time football fan but the NFL has been on thin ice with me due to the promotion of homosexuality with their love is love campaign. People have the right to do whatever they like in their bedrooms, what they don't have the right to do is promote that lifestyle to our children. I completely reject it because God rejects it. The kneeling of Kapernick last season was almost too much, I refused to watch games which the Ravens weren't involved. The display yesterday was just too much. Freedom isn't free it's bought and paid for by blood and sacrifice. At one time the NFL was as wholesome as God , Mom and apple pie.... It promoted family... The NFL of today has sold out on America, I'll never support any team, or watch any of it's programs again. May God Bless and the Holy Spirit guide you!!!

Is he making policy that creates jobs and improves infrastructure, secures the country, takes care of our own country or is he making policy based of tweets. I'm confused. I didn't vote for him because of his tweets although some of them are hilarious, I voted for him because of his America first agenda. I've seen the wasted tax payer dollars that should be used to improve our own country
    Both would be the answer. I mean nobody can really be surprised by the tweets because, well, he did it during his entire campaign.

What he says ultimately affects all of those things, even if they don't end up being accomplished at all. Think its pretty safe to say that pretty much every President, for at least as long as I have been alive, has done a lot more talking about things than they've actually done "doing" of things. In most cases, it takes many years for them to even achieve something they said they would do on the very first day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Both would be the answer. I mean nobody can really be surprised by the tweets because, well, he did it during his entire campaign.

What he says ultimately affects all of those things, even if they don't end up being accomplished at all. Think its pretty safe to say that pretty much every President, for at least as long as I have been alive, has done a lot more talking about things than they've actually done "doing" of things. In most cases, it takes many years for them to even achieve something they said they would do on the very first day.
    That's a fact. I could care less what he tweets or talks about. I just want to see the country improved for all. disrespecting the flag is not the way to improve a country

Blog Entries

You said it yourself. Some words. Come on now are we grown adults they should have ignored the words and been the bigger men.
    Its the president of the united states of America, and were saying we should ignore his words and be bigger men? bigger men, then the example the president is setting? let that sink in for a second. some words carry more weight than others... those are top of the food chain and set an example for all of america and the world that follows. what the hell does kneeling by some football player do compared to that? Its insane we even have to have a conversation like this.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Something tells me the people that are in support of the kneeling spend very little money on the NFL.
    Something tells me exactly the opposite. I wonder what % of the jersey's being burned were Chinese knockoffs?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I don't need to know or care
    And there it is. You should get that in a tattoo.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I'll be bailing on the NFL as well. I've been a long time football fan but the NFL has been on thin ice with me due to the promotion of homosexuality with their love is love campaign. People have the right to do whatever they like in their bedrooms, what they don't have the right to do is promote that lifestyle to our children. I completely reject it because God rejects it. The kneeling of Kapernick last season was almost too much, I refused to watch games which the Ravens weren't involved. The display yesterday was just too much. Freedom isn't free it's bought and paid for by blood and sacrifice. At one time the NFL was as wholesome as God , Mom and apple pie.... It promoted family... The NFL of today has sold out on America, I'll never support any team, or watch any of it's programs again. May God Bless and the Holy Spirit guide you!!!
    You think the Holy Spirit is cool with unarmed black folk being killed by the police?????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    You think the Holy Spirit is cool with unarmed black folk being killed by the police?????

"Disrespect the flag"?

Smh...every commercial enterprise and the majority of the American citizenry gleefully take turns disrespecting the flag about 3-4 times a year. And most Americans have no idea how to properly display, transport, fold or destroy the flag for that matter.

When I see dumbasses displaying the flag vertically with the field on the right, that's disrespectful to me...no matter how much money he or she makes, or how privileged I think they may be.

Unfortunately, the flag is an inanimate, lifeless object, and can't tell us which disrespectful act weighs more than any other--nor does the US flag code.

So I think that the proper course of action may be to go full-outrage and boycott damn near everyone selling anything related to Memorial, Flag, Independence and Veterans Day. Is anything more disrespectful to the flag than using it, and all the emotion it stirs, in order to make a damn buck?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver