Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Houston, the hysteria train is clearly leaving the station, and you are missing it. Shame on you.
    There is no hysteria, if dude doesn't want vet minimum, he can walk. They need to start trimming the roster from old expensive players and start getting younger and dudes that can tackle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    There is no hysteria, if dude doesn't want vet minimum, he can walk. They need to start trimming the roster from old expensive players and start getting younger and dudes that can tackle.
    A lot of folks had problems with letting Mason and Heap go as well.

The NFL is a young man's game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of folks had problems with letting Mason and Heap go as well.

The NFL is a young man's game.
    Exactly, I look to New England and yes, they have Brady so they have a large amount of consitantcy because of this. But they also jettison players as their clock comes ticking down and get young. Sure they post better records because their division sucks.

As the season has worn on, I've come around more and more to the idea that this should be Ed's last year as a Raven. Shoulder/neck issues notwithstanding, tackling continues to be an issue. Further, I seem to observe increased instances of his being caught out of position. While this has always been an issue due to his gambling, his gambles now are paying off less frequently due to reduced athleticism, and the results are more plays being made against our secondary. The occasional flashy interception (complete with heart-stopping runback) simply isn't worth it.

I love what Ed has done in Baltimore, but it's time to find a younger and cheaper option.

Blog Entries

Exactly, I look to New England and yes, they have Brady so they have a large amount of consitantcy because of this. But they also jettison players as their clock comes ticking down and get young. Sure they post better records because their division sucks.
    Their division really isn't very good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    vinny cerrato is saying on the fan that that td to decker was cary's fault...on that play ed had the underneath and cary was supposed to get deep...cary admitted it on 'one winning drive'
    I agree with this. Cary got caught peeping in the back field and that is how Decker got the extra step on Williams. He should know not to peep in the backfield.

CMac did it all the time late in his career and was burned by Guess who? Manning.

they will offer Ed a deal proably more than we would get anywhere else but less than he wants. If Flacco signs i can see the Franchise Tag for him and we draft a safety this year or next year.

we dont have anyone to take over for Ed.

Other positions we have players who can take over

Kruger (Upshaw)
    Boldin (Doss)
    C. Williams (Grahm)
    Birk (Gino)

The rest can be gotten in the draft. It is deep on the D and O line this year which happens to be our biggest needs.

I dont see us drafting a WR/RB/OLB

We usually like to take a CB in the middle rounds so that will happen again but I want to see what Asa can do after sitting for a year to develop, he will prob compete with C. Brown for the 4th CB spot.

The difference between "I cannot see the FO giving in to his contract demands" and "Ed Reed needs to go" is hysteria. The words may have the same practical effect, but hysteria is a tone, an atmosphere, not a point by itself. And it is not becoming.

Hysteria can also produce specious claims not supported by facts, such as "Harbaugh keeps throwing bad replay flags." Hysteria is ugly. A person can make a good point calmly, supported by real facts and not imagined ones.

Don't let me get in the way, though. Carry on with your pitchforks and torches.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

While it will be sad to see Ed leave the fact is Reed is not the same player anymore, for a cap friendly contract yes, but nothing more, time to get younger with better tackling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The difference between "I cannot see the FO giving in to his contract demands" and "Ed Reed needs to go" is hysteria. The words may have the same practical effect, but hysteria is a tone, an atmosphere, not a point by itself. And it is not becoming.

Hysteria can also produce specious claims not supported by facts, such as "Harbaugh keeps throwing bad replay flags." Hysteria is ugly. A person can make a good point calmly, supported by real facts and not imagined ones.

Don't let me get in the way, though. Carry on with your pitchforks and torches.
    Are we talking football or cucumber sandwiches and 4 o'clock tea? Hysteria? Seriously?

1: a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral functions.

2: behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess.

A 34 year old football player, who played his postition at the highest level for most of his career. A player who is also suffering from a neck/nerve impingement. A player who has clearly slowed and his gambling style cannot make up for his lack of speed.

A player, who has been 'disrespected' according to him over contracts and seemingly threatens to retire every year?

I don't see how cutting ties is hysteria. No one is screaming cut him, bench him. But his time in a Raven uniform is coming to an end. There is no one better? Right now, sure. But next year, it is time to start life without him back there.

Now, allow me to move aside so you may carry on with your hyperbole of my opinion.

A 34 year old football player, who played his postition at the highest level for most of his career. A player who is also suffering from a neck/nerve impingement. A player who has clearly slowed and his gambling style cannot make up for his lack of speed.

A player, who has been 'disrespected' according to him over contracts and seemingly threatens to retire every year?

I don't see how cutting ties is hysteria. No one is screaming cut him, bench him. But his time in a Raven uniform is coming to an end. There is no one better? Right now, sure. But next year, it is time to start life without him back there.
    This.

Blog Entries

Are we talking football or cucumber sandwiches and 4 o'clock tea? Hysteria? Seriously?

1: a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral functions.

2: behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess.

Now, allow me to move aside so you may carry on with your hyperbole of my opinion.
    touche' Cap