Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot: Ufc 200

Blog Entries

Re: Ot: Ufc 200

Im not surprised about the cross promotion, because it is good for both. Im surprised the UFC is paying him so much. I mean hes the highest paid fighter. Hes not even a title fight or that good when he was dedicated to the sport. now hes getting 1 fight payoffs like that (2.5m)?

They must see some crossover demos that they need with wrestling fans, but I cant imagine those fans arent already fans. theres enough ex wrestlers fighting that it seems pretty natural to be a fan of both if you are a wrestling fan.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not surprised about the cross promotion, because it is good for both. Im surprised the UFC is paying him so much. I mean hes the highest paid fighter. Hes not even a title fight or that good when he was dedicated to the sport. now hes getting 1 fight payoffs like that (2.5m)?

They must see some crossover demos that they need with wrestling fans, but I cant imagine those fans arent already fans. theres enough ex wrestlers fighting that it seems pretty natural to be a fan of both if you are a wrestling fan.
    yea I believe you are right, the demographics makes for an easy cross over, most wrestling fans are also UFC fans vice versa.

It's funny to me seeing how a few years ago, Dana was talking about the WWE and it's fake wrestling, and now that he has 2 of the WWE's biggest stars of late in his company(CM Punk and Lesnar), they are cross promoting. That right there tells you it's all about the $

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    It's funny to me seeing how a few years ago, Dana was talking about the WWE and it's fake wrestling, and now that he has 2 of the WWE's biggest stars of late in his company(CM Punk and Lesnar), they are cross promoting. That right there tells you it's all about the $
    kind of like how he said women fighting would never be a part of the UFC.... until its biggest draw was a woman.
    -JAB

$2.5 Million is the minimum. He's getting a portion of the PPV too.

True. But when you're in essence asking people to buy two PPV's a month, you need a little cross promotion to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Hey, GWNR, what's that I hear?............................................

(Screaming Female voice): Ffrrroomm Bbbbrraaaaaaazil!.................................lololololololololol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I can't wait to see CM Punk fight, I really hope he does well. At his age and experience level, he'll probably never be a top guy in his weight class, but hopefully he can produce some good fights against lesser competition.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Punk sure has took a long time debuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Punk sure has took a long time debuting.
    Scheduled for September now, as long as there's no more set backs. That's probably one of my most anticipated fights to see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Scheduled for September now, as long as there's no more set backs. That's probably one of my most anticipated fights to see.
    it has to be, because Punk hasn't been relevant since he left WWE, so to see him in a ring again will be good, now lets see if he can win.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I can't wait to see CM Punk fight, I really hope he does well. At his age and experience level, he'll probably never be a top guy in his weight class, but hopefully he can produce some good fights against lesser competition.
    Same here. I really hope he does well, but I think he's getting into it too late and that will be a set back for him as far as advancing to the top. As related to wrestling, I can see him being a midcarder so to speak. He may be able to surprise a few of the top guys in his weight class and beat them, but I don't see him being able to be a title contender and staying at the top should he surprise someone and get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it has to be, because Punk hasn't been relevant since he left WWE, so to see him in a ring again will be good, now lets see if he can win.
    His star power in WWE was big enough for it to still be a huge draw, so he hasn't missed out on that yet, though I don't think he will be the main draw on the card now. He probably could have been earlier when it was announced (I know he needed training time, that's obvious) but the setbacks may have lessened what could have been him as the main draw on a lesser card. Now I think he will need at least one more huge fight to help sell it.