Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bengals D adjustment

Just what was the D adjustment that the Bengals made that put Mahomes into the worst funk of his career?

Re: Bengals D adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Just what was the D adjustment that the Bengals made that put Mahomes into the worst funk of his career?
    Mahomes choking ???

Bengals D adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    They started dropping 8 and we’re still getting pressure with 3 (three). That’s the power of having a good defensive line. The Ravens couldn’t even get pressure blitzing 6-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mahomes either played his worst half football in the NFL, or I think we will probably hear about an injury that happened during the game. Good effort by the Bengals obviously, but every play seemed like a poor or rushed throw by Mahomes, not necessarily that the defense was playing amazing.

Bungholes DC may get some looks by other teams

6. Re: Bengals D adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Mahomes choking ???
    I hate that kind of analysis. Really short changes the mind that put work into making Mahomes actually play bad. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...fc-title-game/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I hate that kind of analysis. Really short changes the mind that put work into making Mahomes actually play bad. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...fc-title-game/
    Great article.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Great article.
    Indeed. Some nice insight there.

Over on the Chiefs forums they're complaining that the way to attack these kind of looks is to simply run the ball....

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

There is a very nice analysis on the KC Star:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...257888543.html

The gist is what other posters said above: 1) Bengals dropping 8 in coverage almost in half of all plays in the second half; 2) Andy Reid refusing to run the ball, which would be the perfect antidote to that.

In addition to dropping 8, one of the 8 was a spy to keep Mahomes from scrambling, something the Bills didn't do. You can see the effect of it on the last play of regulation when Mahomes fumbled (while being tackled by the spy).

Give credit to the Bengals, they knew Reid doesn't believe in running the ball and they exploited it.

I would say though that the Bengals scheme would not have worked to the extent it did had Mahomes not become rattled as he did. This is very unusual for a QB of his stature.

Chiefs have a lot to fix for next season, because you know that everyone and their brother will copy the Bengals game plan. It's a copy-cat league.

How do we know mahomes didnt decide not to check out of the passing plays into run plays?

Mahomes chocked plain and simple. The whole momentum changed on his first interception where he was picked off by the Dlineman. That wasn’t some scheme. Complete downhill from there.

If Lamar did the same thing half the board giving props to the Cincy D would be blaming Lamar for the loss.