Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

1. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.
    But what about the intrinsic value of the thought exercise??!?

Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden

I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.

Seems a certain segment of the population cannot grasp the concept that the world is changing. For the better.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Kahreem Hunt punched and kicked a pregnant woman. Gruden used vulgar language.

I'm not saying Gurden should still be employed, I'm saying people like Kahreem Hunt and Tyreek Hill should't.

Clearly you can see that double standard and THAT is what is being pointed out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

Seems a certain segment of the population cannot grasp the concept that the world is changing. For the better.
    See above. Would you call that changing for the better?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    See above. Would you call that changing for the better?
    When people are called out for their (negative) actions - yes. That IS change for the better.

Only to a toxic person is persecution confused with accountability.

6. Re: Jon Gruden

If it helps any, I would LOVE for human pieces of shit like Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Joe Mixon, and Adrian Peterson not only to lose their jobs in the NFL, but also face criminal/civil liability (and not just the standard "settling out of court" passes they always get).

Can we go back to the actual topic now?

Blog Entries

When people are called out for their (negative) actions - yes. That IS change for the better.

Only to a toxic person is persecution confused with accountability.
    That misses the point. Employing players who's ACTIONS are worse but (basically) firing a guy for what he said, is not change for the better.

Neither should be employed.

Also, I'm waiting for the protest to begin for the Superbowl halftime performers since they've all used the same or worse language than Gruden.

8. Re: Jon Gruden

That misses the point. Employing players who's ACTIONS are worse but (basically) firing a guy for what he said, is not change for the better.

Also, I'm waiting for the protest to begin for the Superbowl halftime performers since they've all used the same or worse language than Gruden.
    Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then. Let's all just give up and accept the status quo (especially if we're socioeconomically in a position to gain from it)!

Blog Entries

History is replete of instances where some people got off for the same crime as others got convicted for. Does that no one is held accountable? You're right - neither should be employed. But one isn't. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't worthy of separation.

And like someone else stated earlier, don't like it, don't watch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then. Let's all just give up and accept the status quo (especially if we're socioeconomically in a position to gain from it)!

11. Re: Jon Gruden

Stop owning me, dude. I'm trying to save face over here!

Blog Entries

History is replete of instances where some people got off for the same crime as others got convicted for. Does that no one is held accountable? You're right - neither should be employed. But one isn't. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't worthy of separation.
    Players aren't "getting off" they're getting away with it because people with their talent are rare. Coaches are a dime a dozen.

This is no different than rich people getting off of charges because they have the means to fight the system.

That is not change for the better.

And like someone else stated earlier, don't like it, don't watch.
    a) I rarely do, basically just night games when nothing else is going on

b) Stupid and completely unrelated.