Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

If you can get a 2nd, especially in this WR class, then it’s a no brainer. Have a hard time seeing that though

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Boyle and Hurst had almost identical receiving stats last year. Hurst had 1 less catch 20 more yards and both caught 2 TDs. If Boyle is doing the same thing in the passing game and is a great blocker then he's a lot more valuable.
    Exactly. Boyle has 300 + more offensive snaps than either HH or Andrews and is a great blocker. Many are as pure blocking 6th OL/Move End. In our offense Boyle is "a lot more valuable" than HH. To about 20 +other NFL teams, he would be a serious upgrade at TE.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-25-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Hurst + 28 + 60

20 + 42

Done. 2 trade ups.

20 = Chaisson
    42 = Blacklock
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

According to the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, it would only take a Mid third round pick to move from 28 to 20 (190 points).

So if my math is correct, this trade places a late second round value on Hurst???

Not exactly a great ROI for a former first-rounder. And yes, I realize his original draft position is a sunk cost, but I am in the camp with others - we need to be blown away to move Hurst, and this deal is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    According to the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, it would only take a Mid third round pick to move from 28 to 20 (190 points).

So if my math is correct, this trade places a late second round value on Hurst???

Not exactly a great ROI for a former first-rounder. And yes, I realize his original draft position is a sunk cost, but I am in the camp with others - we need to be blown away to move Hurst, and this deal is meh.
    Run it with 28 -> 20 and 60 -> 42

We may need to add a 4th. But I'd still do that. 2 top 50 picks would be ideal.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Bartsool: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I think that the best formula for rings is to be consistent, pound a ton of trips to the play-offs, and eventually you break through. Just going all-in in the short-term isn't the highest percentage way to get a ring.
    This. Well put.

Keeping Thor is one of the things that keeps the window open a little wider. Unless we get blown away by an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I think saying Boyle is ahead of Hurst is a little disingenuous. Their stats last year are virtually identical, but they play the position very differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Boyle is our starting TE, who also plays the most snaps. There is nothing disingenuous about any of that. Not only is he ahead of Hurst, he is ahead of Andrews.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Boyle and Hurst had almost identical receiving stats last year. Hurst had 1 less catch 20 more yards and both caught 2 TDs. If Boyle is doing the same thing in the passing game and is a great blocker then he's a lot more valuable.
    You're talking about volume status. Hurst's efficiency stats are better than Boyle's.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You're talking about volume status. Hurst's efficiency stats are better than Boyle's.
    I think that's because more often than not Boyle is blocking on a run play. Any Boyle run plays should be negated when calculating their efficiency stats against each other.

Unless they can get a second round pick in the top 50 or a player with potential who has an equivalent value like a N'keal Harry in a position they want to upgrade I really don't think it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think the disconnect is I don’t care about the future, I think we’re in a position to win the SuperBowl in 2020. Hurst is in my opinion very good, and I don’t want to give up a very good player for a 3rd round pick when we’re so close. The more I think about it the more I’d probably do a 2nd, but it’s still risky.
    Exactly. He will be a huge, known, part of the offense next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Boyle is our starting TE, who also plays the most snaps. There is nothing disingenuous about any of that. Not only is he ahead of Hurst, he is ahead of Andrews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love Boyle. He has improved his pass catching a ton, but he has played the most snaps because most of the time he is a 6th lineman. Hurst and Andrews are different pieces to this offense, in my humble opinion.

Side note, we know Andrews can get beat up some.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Jags also in the mix.

What we're trying to do here at the castle is:

Jaguars receive: Hurst and #28

Ravens receive: #20 and a conditional 2021 third

That's not happening. Hurst has been productive but I don't think he's been that productive for The Jaguars to want to trade down 8 spots in the first round and give up a conditional third round pick.