Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Disagree--IMO Rice & Pierce would prosper running out of a spread, since they excel at getting the first would-be tackler to miss. Leach in the backfield telegraphs where the running play is going, which is one reason they've gone out of their way to get Vonta the ball in the flat & sell the idea that he has to be accounted for as something more than a lead blocker/QB protector. He's picked up some modest but helpful yardage that way, but a guy like Juszcyk would probably double his yards per pass caught. I'm not sure what the cap implications of releasing Leach are, but I'd have to think if someone they really like is a cap casualty, he's gone.IOW we agree--it's just that one of us is a year off.
    Yeah that was what I was getting at basically. The even though "Juice" is talented, he's still an unknown, so they would stick with what they know they have for at least a year with Leach. I would love to see Rice and Pierce without a FB alaTexans style run game. With Castillo in there as run game coordinator (which I see as O coordinator the minute Caldwell gets another head coaching opportunity), there is no way they move forward with a traditional FB in the coming years. That spot can be dedicated to another position to combat or attack this passing league further.

IOW we agree, just a year off :D

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Good to see Furstenburg making a mark.
    Especially considering the fact that he has basically zero competition for 3rd TE unless you count Juice. Even given the fact that he is almost guaranteed to make the roster, he's not resting on his laurels. But of course if he was, they probably would bring in competition for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    I like Leach but he's not worth 4.3m for being a part time one dimensional player. The Sun is reporting they are trying to restructure.
    I figured they were. When asked about it before he seemed happy to teach Juice all he knew. But now he seemed kinda bitter about it, so there had to be something going on. I guess he's realized his job isn't as secure as he thought. Though with the fact that he makes almost twice what the second highest paid FB makes, he had to expect it.

Blog Entries
    I don't see the team eliminating the FB position any time soon because Harbs wants that power run capability. The way the chiropractor hits the hole and blows up a linebacker ensures the RB is gonna have a gap. He is also a great special team guy. Juice is heir apparent but the role stays.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

First Mini-Camp, first time the whole teams back

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens

Time for the first practice of minicamp! Stay tuned for updates later this afternoon!

A motivated Suggs is always a good thing to see.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Besides Marshal Yanda, not practicing: Marlon Brown (ACL), Albert McClellan (shoulder), Terrence Cody (hip), Kapron Lewis-Moore (knee)

Limited at practice: Lardarius Webb (ACL) and Arthur Brown (sports hernia). Brown is making good progress from surgery

Terrell Suggs is at minicamp today, appears to be in much better condition than last season when he battled injuries. Noticeably lighter

Why isn't Yanda there practicing?

Whatever WR info I can get while I'm at work, I'll take it. Got one hour til quitting time :D

Yanda attended the Ravens' White House visit and Super Bowl ring ceremony and is likely rehabbing from an injury from last season.
    Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2VwJ2kmIF

Newly-acquired inside linebacker Daryl Smith was practicing and didn't display any lingering effects from the sports hernia that limited him to two starts in his final season with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Blog Entries

Great news about Suggs. We need a healthy Suggs back on the field.

Blog Entries

Luke Jones ‏@BaltimoreLuke 16m

Daryl Smith looks very smooth already after just signing with the #Ravens last week. Working with the first team at inside linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Luke Jones ‏@BaltimoreLuke 16m

Daryl Smith looks very smooth already after just signing with the #Ravens last week. Working with the first team at inside linebacker.

Blog Entries

Jerry Coleman is saying Ngata looks HUGE. 360 lb or more. This doesn't sound good, but he is addressing the media today.

Suggs and Smith are the only ones getting special mention for conditioning. Upshaw, Art Jones, Ngata, McClellan among the ones looking a bit large.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!