Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SoundFX: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    A good manager knows that his performers are the ones that he needs to instill the most confidence in as well as jerk their proverbial chain. Look at how Mike Tomlin handles his team. It's about THE PLAYERS not the coaches. Coach those guys up and get them to perform at a high level. Who gives a fuck about a play caller. You can make the greatest call in the history of the game and if the players don't EXECUTE then it doesn't mean dick. Look at the genius in NE. He's probably making great calls on defense but his team isn't executing.

Joe at that time (and even now) was getting destroyed by the media, players and others. He even had doubters in his own locker room(and if you think that's really changed see Ed Reed 2011). Why not give him the game ball? I remember when they showed that Cam game ball clip and you had a few players that had a look of 'is he serious'.

Lastly I don't give a fuck how much Harbs has won, if he can't get over the top because of stubborness to change then he should be fired. Denny Green won a lot and where'd that leave him? The Chin was notoriously stubborn and until someone told him he couldn't have his way (ie drafting Shawn Andrews over Ben) the Steelers didn't get it done. Harbaugh is a good coach no doubt but we don't need another Andy Reid which is to say good but always falling short. We're in a division with a HC who seems to get it and worse wins titles. I get if Harbs pushes all the right buttons and he just falls short but he seems intent on doing things his way (ie acting as if Cam and his coaches (includes Moeller and Rosburg) are bigger than the players). The Mattison hire damn near destroyed the foundation of this defense. Fortunately higher powers pushed for a change.

Hopefully this will help you understand where I am coming from. BTW I forgive you for your personal shots and your completely assinine post.

Have a good day paintjobguy
    We were a dropped pass/missed chipshot away from a superbowl appearance last year. Harbaugh has consistently put this team in a place to win every year he's been here. It's not his fault that Lee Evans couldn't catch a routine pass or Cundiff couldn't make a chip shot. And look who isn't on the team anymore... Harbaugh is a good coach. He knows what he's doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    A good manager knows that his performers are the ones that he needs to instill the most confidence in as well as jerk their proverbial chain. Look at how Mike Tomlin handles his team. It's about THE PLAYERS not the coaches. Coach those guys up and get them to perform at a high level. Who gives a fuck about a play caller. You can make the greatest call in the history of the game and if the players don't EXECUTE then it doesn't mean dick. Look at the genius in NE. He's probably making great calls on defense but his team isn't executing.

Joe at that time (and even now) was getting destroyed by the media, players and others. He even had doubters in his own locker room(and if you think that's really changed see Ed Reed 2011). Why not give him the game ball? I remember when they showed that Cam game ball clip and you had a few players that had a look of 'is he serious'.

Lastly I don't give a fuck how much Harbs has won, if he can't get over the top because of stubborness to change then he should be fired. Denny Green won a lot and where'd that leave him? The Chin was notoriously stubborn and until someone told him he couldn't have his way (ie drafting Shawn Andrews over Ben) the Steelers didn't get it done. Harbaugh is a good coach no doubt but we don't need another Andy Reid which is to say good but always falling short. We're in a division with a HC who seems to get it and worse wins titles. I get if Harbs pushes all the right buttons and he just falls short but he seems intent on doing things his way (ie acting as if Cam and his coaches (includes Moeller and Rosburg) are bigger than the players). The Mattison hire damn near destroyed the foundation of this defense. Fortunately higher powers pushed for a change.

Hopefully this will help you understand where I am coming from. BTW I forgive you for your personal shots and your completely assinine post.

Have a good day paintjobguy
    We were a dropped pass/missed chipshot away from a superbowl appearance last year. Harbaugh has consistently put this team in a place to win every year he's been here. It's not his fault that Lee Evans couldn't catch a routine pass or Cundiff couldn't make a chip shot. And look who isn't on the team anymore... Harbaugh is a good coach. I believe he's forgot more about football than you will ever know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    We were a dropped pass/missed chipshot away from a superbowl appearance last year. Harbaugh has consistently put this team in a place to win every year he's been here. It's not his fault that Lee Evans couldn't catch a routine pass or Cundiff couldn't make a chip shot. And look who isn't on the team anymore... Harbaugh is a good coach. I believe he's forgot more about football than you will ever know.
    It's always the same with the apologists. When we lose, the players don't execute, when Joe engineers a Montana like drive, Cam get's the game ball from Harbaugh. The Patriot game NEVER should have been that close. Fucking Julian Edleman covering Boldin, they should have thrown that way 50 times the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    It's always the same with the apologists. When we lose, the players don't execute, when Joe engineers a Montana like drive, Cam get's the game ball from Harbaugh. The Patriot game NEVER should have been that close. Fucking Julian Edleman covering Boldin, they should have thrown that way 50 times the whole game.
    I'm not an apologist. I'm a realist. In reality, we've consistently been to the playoffs every year since Harbaugh has been here. So what are you going to do? Fire him and bring in who?

Blog Entries

I'm not an apologist. I'm a realist. In reality, we've consistently been to the playoffs every year since Harbaugh has been here. So what are you going to do? Fire him and bring in who?
    And that translated into how many Super Bowl victories? (while being not mic'd up in a Super Bowl he hasn't participated at).

No, we are tied to his ass for at least another three to four years, while being mic'd up from time to time.

Who would I bring in? That is for another thread...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And that translated into how many Super Bowl victories? (while being not mic'd up in a Super Bowl he hasn't participated at).

No, we are tied to his ass for at least another three to four years, while being mic'd up from time to time.

Who would I bring in? That is for another thread...
    That's fine that you have your opinion about Harbaugh. I still maintain that he's our best option. Whether or not he wins a superbowl, we'll just have to see.

Blog Entries

That's fine that you have your opinion about Harbaugh. I still maintain that he's our best option. Whether or not he wins a superbowl, we'll just have to see.
    Yeah, but even when he's mic'd up he's still a tool. Last year when Ray was on the sideline for the 49ers game and he's saying "Where would you rather be?" Ray said "On the field."

And I see your fat out of work Star Wars actor and raise you with Bobby.
    deniro.jpg

Blog Entries

Excellent!

Blog Entries

Hey kids, keep in mind that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech, but not freedom from criticism, mockery, disproof etc. of what you say. Who was it said Better to keep silent & be thought a fool than to speak up & remove all doubt?