Thread: Travis Swanson

Center prospect - Travis Swanson (Arkansas)

While I never thought that he was 1st round value, I had a good call on Travis Frederick (Wisconsin to Dallas) for 2013. For 2014, I'm coming back to Travis...Travis Swanson. I'm still forming an opinion on him, but he handled himself vs. Alabama nicely.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/trav...-alabama-2013/
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 11-22-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: Center prospect - Travis Swanson (Arkansas)

Big fan in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Maybe Gino continues to improve? If the Ravens are picking in the top 20 I can't see them going center...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What solo said. Swanson looks real good. Not top half of round 1 good though. And let's see if Gino's kind of improved play of late keeps happening.

No, sir. Definitely wasn't proposing we'd burn a 1st on him.
    Even with as much as I love/loved Frederick, I didn't value him in the 1st either.

FWIW...FSU and UNC have good centers as well. Hope to pull some film off the DVRs this weekend.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Oh, sorry-I did not mean to imply that you thought of him as a 1st rounder. Looking forward to you comparing Swanson to the other centers.

Blog Entries

He's a big, physical and nasty player. Been called a dirty player by a few teams too.

So with Grasu remaining in school another year, this year's center group seems fairly thin. I ask you all: how big of a priority is it to get a center in the top half of the draft? Is Geno's somewhat improved play giving cause for hope that maybe we don;t need to prioritize a center?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    So with Grasu remaining in school another year, this year's center group seems fairly thin. I ask you all: how big of a priority is it to get a center in the top half of the draft? Is Geno's somewhat improved play giving cause for hope that maybe we don;t need to prioritize a center?
    I think the best way forward is to simply sign a veteran center to compete with Gino, but someone better than AQ Shipley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think the best way forward is to simply sign a veteran center to compete with Gino, but someone better than AQ Shipley.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I actually think leachisabeast brings up a valid point.

Gino has been playing better the past few weeks. Not great, but better. In fact, against the Steelers is was Oher who was beat like a drum.

If Gino continues his upward trend, does center become less of a priority?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think leachisabeast brings up a valid point.

Gino has been playing better the past few weeks. Not great, but better. In fact, against the Steelers is was Oher who was beat like a drum.

If Gino continues his upward trend, does center become less of a priority?
    Right now, as bmorecareful has already said, AQ and Oher have been the weaknesses on our line. How the Ravens continue to insist on playing AQ over Reid with his current performance is beyond me. AQ can't play guard his arms are way too short, and the dude's barely 6'1.

Since the cincy game Gino has looked like an average NFL starter, that is developing. That's pretty much all you can ask from a 2nd year 4th rd pick out of Delaware.

I'm sure trap disagrees with us though, all those fumbles that he's caused this year is too much to take for him!

Re: Travis Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Right now, as bmorecareful has already said, AQ and Oher have been the weaknesses on our line. How the Ravens continue to insist on playing AQ over Reid with his current performance is beyond me. AQ can't play guard his arms are way too short, and the dude's barely 6'1.

Since the cincy game Gino has looked like an average NFL starter, that is developing. That's pretty much all you can ask from a 2nd year 4th rd pick out of Delaware.

I'm sure trap disagrees with us though, all those fumbles that he's caused this year is too much to take for him!
    Shipley over Jah Reid is a mysterious choice to me too. Shipley is just not an NFL guard--maybe in an emergency, but he is severely lacking in the athleticism department and he has the body type of a bowling ball with T-Rex arms. Jah Reid was decent as a fill-in LG last year and offers good positional value, but he's been mostly inactive this year and seems to have worked his way into the team's doghouse for some reason or another.