Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Wow! I feel like Han Solo after he has woken up from being frozen in carbonite, "I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"

Well, I am back from Europe and EVERYONE is practically gone from the BrownSpot and here! Thanks for the invite GOTA! And yes the Beaches of Normandy were powerful, the cemetery brought me near to tears several times on Omaha Beach.

But travels aside, I am glad to see so many familiar poster, some with their proper handles back eh Wicked?

Yeah SC, I your official NEMESIS is here. We'll see what GQ Coach Rah-Rah does...

Nice to be back and nice to see we are on a board devoid of trolls and poor administration.

Blog Entries

I've always wanted to go to Normandy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Welcome BP and Captain!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Welcome BP and Captain!
    Jay, I double that "welcome". Beau and Cap'n were two of my favorite posters over there... Bc

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Hey, Cap, Bc & Jayc!

And Hey to the rest of our knowledgable knuckleheads! :D ;)

Cap'n, I had the privilege of visiting Normandy a few years ago, and saw the cemetery. Some very powerful and emotional sights evoked a lot of feelings. The friends I was with are from Brittany (our ultimate destination during that visit) but they were thoughtful enough to include a day in Normandy for my experience. It puts team rivalries and some of the venom we see on chat boards into perspective when you look at the rows upon rows of gravestones/markers. I like football and the NFL, but there are things more important in life that dwarf them....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Hey, Cap, Bc & Jayc!

And Hey to the rest of our knowledgable knuckleheads! :D ;)

Cap'n, I had the privilege of visiting Normandy a few years ago, and saw the cemetery. Some very powerful and emotional sights evoked a lot of feelings. The friends I was with are from Brittany (our ultimate destination during that visit) but they were thoughtful enough to include a day in Normandy for my experience. It puts team rivalries and some of the venom we see on chat boards into perspective when you look at the rows upon rows of gravestones/markers. I like football and the NFL, but there are things more important in life that dwarf them....
    Beau, don't want to get corny here, but it's heroes like them (names we'll never know, faces we've never seen) that allow us to enjoy NFL football and free opinions on message boards. I do think the men and women on boards like this will never forget them though... Bc

Blog Entries

Thanks guys!

Yeah, after visiting the cemetery on Omaha beach, it really dwarfs the lockout and the petty dispute of the players and owners.

Bc-
    Somewhere I've got some pictures of my visit there. When I use my extensive Computer Science edumacation ;) to figure out how to post different stuff, I'll try and share.

Hey everyone...I'm here as well, and glad to leave Sunspot behind. I registered on this site many years ago, but for some strange reason, never really posted here. That will change from now on. I agree with everyone else - the Sunspot's board has become unbearable. I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people insulting me. Take for instance SteelerFaninBmore (I think that's his name on the boards). Yes, he's a Steelers fan, but has always been reasonable in talking to about our rivalry. He doesn't post just to stir things up. It's a mutual respect thing - I don't like the Steelers, but I can appreciate their fans' passion. I just can't stand the arrogant ones. Likewise with anyone from the Ravens fanbase who acts like a jackass. So I look forward to some great discussions on here. We don't always have to agree (it would be pretty boring anyway if we did that, right?!). But let's just treat each other with respect, that's all. No matter who you root for.

Thanks for the reminder B-More Ravor...you, along with all of the familiar names on here, are definitely appreciated! And thanks Tony for hosting such a great board. We know each other from his visits to Ravens Nest 14. Great guy (but you all knew that already!)

Now, let's get the season straightened out so we can HAVE a season! I really hope the Players and Owners don't throw it all away...

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    Thanks for the reminder B-More Ravor...you, along with all of the familiar names on here, are definitely appreciated! And thanks Tony for hosting such a great board. We know each other from his visits to Ravens Nest 14. Great guy (but you all knew that already!)

Now, let's get the season straightened out so we can HAVE a season! I really hope the Players and Owners don't throw it all away...
    I mean this with all sincerity, Admin Steve and the mods make this forum happen. I should get credit for just one thing -- being smart enough to step aside and let them do their thing.

Thanks also to Ravor for rolling out the welcome mat to frustrated Sunspoters.

Together, let's make this message board the standard!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Did anyone tell NNS that everybody left..?

JMU--
    Not sure he was, but has been told as of a minute or two ago! :D

BTW, is the JMU part of your name based upon a certain formerly all-ladies institution of higher learning in Virginny? I ask as a Hokie. ;)