Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/...art-vs-ravens/

It's offical from the Steelers website that Ben is out and Leftwich starts.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    That defense is going to play us tough, with or without Ryan Clark. This will still be a close, hotly contested game. It's a must win, backs against the wall type game for them, they cannot afford to be swept, or even split with us.

I hope you don't mind me replying to you.. but I mentioned this in another thread.. The rest of the AFC stinks this year.. and the 6 teams currently in playoff spots will probably remain that way. I don't think it will matter if we sweep the Steelers or not. They'll still get in due to all the mediocrity around the AFC. Check the AFC standings and tell me I'm crazy.

Just don't call me a stalker... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I hope you don't mind me replying to you.. but I mentioned this in another thread.. The rest of the AFC stinks this year.. and the 6 teams currently in playoff spots will probably remain that way. I don't think it will matter if we sweep the Steelers or not. They'll still get in due to all the mediocrity around the AFC. Check the AFC standings and tell me I'm crazy.

I hope they do. I wanna beat them THREE times this year! Payback for '08.

It is important to get off to a good start and take the crowd out early. This is they type of game momentum could get rolling for them with weird plays (special teams/turnovers/missed assignement allowing for fluke big play) and "Bad Joe" makes crushing mistakes. Stomp on them early and foot on neck for the remainder of the game. A good 1Q, like a 10-0 lead, could mean an enjoyable Sunday night for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

LOL. Nah, it's all good :) I think I was being a bit uptight.

Anyway, what I meant was more in terms of the division title. Yeah, they should still make the playoffs, or at least have a chance, because I think 8-8 is going to do it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    It is important to get off to a good start and take the crowd out early.
    Either that or hope for rain and a half-full stadium.

"Best traveling fans in the league."*

*except from their own living rooms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/...art-vs-ravens/

It's offical from the Steelers website that Ben is out and Leftwich starts.
    Um, just where in that blog entry does it say that he's "out"? Read the text very carefully. It says Lefty will start. Doesn't say he'll play more than a series--more than one snap, in fact. Doesn't say Roethlisberger won't suit up & play the rest of the way.

Would you put it past the Stealers to play that sort of semantic game in the runup to what is clearly the most important game of the year so far? I wouldn't. I trust what they say to mean exactly what it says--& no more.

To be clear, I think the chances that Ben will play are somewhere south of 10%. But not 0%. Until something official (like the injury report for Week 11, which isn't out yet--I just checked over there) says he is "out", he ain't.

Blog Entries

Worst thing for the Ravens is to get cocky. We WILL either win or go down trying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Um, just where in that blog entry does it say that he's "out"? Read the text very carefully. It says Lefty will start. Doesn't say he'll play more than a series--more than one snap, in fact. Doesn't say Roethlisberger won't suit up & play the rest of the way.

Would you put it past the Stealers to play that sort of semantic game in the runup to what is clearly the most important game of the year so far? I wouldn't. I trust what they say to mean exactly what it says--& no more.

To be clear, I think the chances that Ben will play are somewhere south of 10%. But not 0%. Until something official (like the injury report for Week 11, which isn't out yet--I just checked over there) says he is "out", he ain't.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...-ravens-111412

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I read the story. Other than the headline (which is typically written by someone other than the reporter & can be misleading or totally wrong), there is nothing in that story that says he definitely will not play:
    The team announced Wednesday that backup Byron Leftwich will start against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in place of Roethlisberger, who sprained his right shoulder in Monday night's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Ngata didn't start against the Raiders & did not in fact play, but was suited up on the sidelines & could have come in at any time. Read for comprehension, not wishful thinking.

I will believe he is out when the official injury report says he's out, not before. You do as you wish.

Some of you are way too cynical about this.

Americanmade2012 Guest

He will be out at least two weeks he has a rare and dangerous rib injury that could kill him if he does not let it heal properly