Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think the Chargers had a lot of guaranteed money for Gaither in the contract he signed, it was around 13.5 million I believe. Yes he could have had a lot more than that had he actually played week in week out. But if he really wanted to, he could hit the road and take that 13.5 million and do whatever he likes with it. While guys like you and I bust our asses off in the real world and will never see anything close to a million dollars let alone 13.5 million for doing nothing.
    True he can walk away with 13M, however just did a quick look at the likes of Long and Thomas and Trent Williams. Long has a 5 year 57M deal, Thomas 7 year 84M, 6 years 60M. Maybe I'm just greedy but to go out and play a game he's tossing away lets just say 40 or 50M by being a pos. THAT's what I don't get. And thats only one contract and I'm being conservative with it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ..he just wasn't a Harbaugh guy, or a true Raven... The guy has heaps of talent, but he really is just a waste of space at this point.
    Realistically, he has been a waste of space for the majority of his NFL career. If you are irrepairably hurt [the mythical bad back] then get GTFO of the NFL! The real dofusses in this saga are KC & SD. Fool the Ravens, shame on you; fool the Chiefs & Chargers, shame on them!
    I love that the SD beat writer alludes to the rest of the Chargers' seeing through Gaither's act.
    Betcha Suggsy, saw thru it, too. Maybe IR is the safest place for JG on Sunday?

btw: props to SDS for stickin' by his guy in this rage-filled thread - dance w/ the one what brought you!
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 11-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Realistically, he has been a waste of space for the majority of his NFL career. If you are irrepairably hurt [the mythical bad back] then get GTFO of the NFL! The real dofusses in this saga are KC & SD. Fool the Ravens, shame on you; fool the Chiefs & Chargers, shame on them!
    I love that the SD beat writer alludes to the rest of the Chargers' seeing through Gaither's act.
    Betcha Suggsy, saw thru it, too. Maybe IR is the safest place for JG on Sunday?

btw: props to SDS for stickin' by his guy in this rage-filled thread - dance w/ the one what brought you!
    you obviously are forgetting the nearly two years of solid- to - great play he had here, as well as the 5 games for San Diego. He certainly wasn't a waste of space the FEW TIMES that he was a top 10 left tackle playing for peanuts.

Listen, I understand he's a Lazy POS, and Baltimore fans were watching the O's game that night, but anyone that saw him get hurt in the second to last snap of that game(it was sunday or monday night, can't remember the opponent right now) would KNOW FOR SURE the injury is REAL. Dude is hurt. Sucks to be him, and anyone on his team paying his salary. There is absolutely NOTHING mythical about his injury.

And Suggs didn't see through anyhting last year when they played, he didn't get past Gaither once all game.

I get it, we're supposed to hate him, but geez, he could have been one of if not the best LT in football. He ISN'T and almost certainly WON'T, but he could have and we had him here for peanuts. It's a missed opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    you obviously are forgetting the nearly two years of solid- to - great play he had here, as well as the 5 games for San Diego. He certainly wasn't a waste of space the FEW TIMES that he was a top 10 left tackle playing for peanuts.

Listen, I understand he's a Lazy POS, and Baltimore fans were watching the O's game that night, but anyone that saw him get hurt in the second to last snap of that game(it was sunday or monday night, can't remember the opponent right now) would KNOW FOR SURE the injury is REAL. Dude is hurt. Sucks to be him, and anyone on his team paying his salary. There is absolutely NOTHING mythical about his injury.

And Suggs didn't see through anyhting last year when they played, he didn't get past Gaither once all game.

I get it, we're supposed to hate him, but geez, he could have been one of if not the best LT in football. He ISN'T and almost certainly WON'T, but he could have and we had him here for peanuts. It's a missed opportunity.
    He's a lazy pos. if he wasn't he would be an all pro tackle right now. I don't get how people defend him. There was a reason he was in the supplemental draft. The knock on him out of college was that he's lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's a lazy pos. if he wasn't he would be an all pro tackle right now. I don't get how people defend him. There was a reason he was in the supplemental draft. The knock on him out of college was that he's lazy.
    Sssshhhh

Throw those facts around and the Gaither backers go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sssshhhh

Throw those facts around and the Gaither backers go nuts.
    i flat out called him a lazy POS in the post he quoted... smh... haters gonna hate, and contribute nothing.

smh... haters gonna hate, and contribute nothing.
    In that respect, we remind us of Jared ( except for his paychecks).

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    In that respect, we remind us of Jared ( except for his paychecks).
    again, forgetting how great he played for almost 2 complete sezsons here. Far better play then Oher has contributed.

i flat out called him a lazy POS in the post he quoted... smh... haters gonna hate, and contribute nothing.
    Hater or see the total career body of work outside the "almost two good seasons"?

Plenty of highly touted players have had "almost two good seasons" then flamed out. Do all of those done a dozen players deserve this unrealistic praise Gaither gets too?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hater or see the total career body of work outside the "almost two good seasons"?

Plenty of highly touted players have had "almost two good seasons" then flamed out. Do all of those done a dozen players deserve this unrealistic praise Gaither gets too?
    unrealistic praise? Really? read my post again, I call him a lazy POS that will probably never be the player he should have been due to work ethic and injuries... if that's unrealistic praise for player capable of being amongst the very best few at one of hte hardest positions in football I don't know what to tell you.

The unrealistic part is the flat out HATRED for all things Gaither on this board. We got almost two great seasons from a 5th round supplemental pick for what ammounts to be almost free. Then he got hurt.

again, forgetting how great he played for almost 2 complete sezsons here. Far better play then Oher has contributed.
    But at least we can count on Oher to actually work to improve and play whatever position the coaches think will help the team.

Blog Entries

Michael Oher doesn't miss games with mysterious injuries, and will actually get up every morning and put in a hards day work for the Ravens... Gaither hasn't played more than 9 games in the last three seasons. Oher isn't as talented as Jarred Gaither, infact he has no where near the natural talent that Gaither has, but Oher has been solid this season and doesn't sit games out, that's good enough for me, you can't have all pros in every position.