Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Impeachment notes & tidbits

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the Quid Pro Quo Jo Biden moment where Joe Biden Forced Ukraine to Fire Prosecutor for Aid Money. Happy Anniversary Joe B.

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-jo...3CA0E81D8.html

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Today is the 2 year anniversary of the Quid Pro Quo Jo Biden moment where Joe Biden Forced Ukraine to Fire Prosecutor for Aid Money. Happy Anniversary Joe B.

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-jo...3CA0E81D8.html
    You mean where he admitted it. It happened when he was VPOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    As he made it a quid pro quo and there's no basis for the request it certainly is. 18 USC 601.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    You know you keep saying quid pro quo likes it’s actually a crime. Basically all foreign policy is quid pro quo. Heck capitalism is quid pro quo.
    Plus you know Ukraine actually got the aid. They have actually done a lot better with trump as president than the previous admin.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You know you keep saying quid pro quo likes it’s actually a crime. Basically all foreign policy is quid pro quo. Heck capitalism is quid pro quo.

Swallwell: A meeting at the White House. If someone really needs a meeting at the White House to show their legitimacy to their people, that leveraging that meeting and asking for an investigation would be wrong.

Sondland: To be candid, Congressman, every meeting at the White House has conditions placed on it. I have never worked on a meeting at the White House that doesn’t have a host of conditions placed on it.

So, what Schiff, the MSM, and the entire DNC has done is conflate THIS quid pro quo w/the "investigate Joe or you're not getting the aid" fantasy accusation. They're clearly not the same thing. During the hearings, I remember calling this out saying that the press is going to conflate the two on purpose. They have. Their viewers believe it. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Plus you know Ukraine actually got the aid. They have actually done a lot better with trump as president than the previous admin.
    Correct.

Ukraine was supposed to investigate the Bidens in order to get the money. That is the lie, right? That is what this whole pointless charade is about, right? Ukraine got their money and they didn't open up an investigation to get it. End of story.

Obama withheld aid to Egypt. Trump withheld aid to Pakistan. This isn't anything new, but..."orange man bad."

Would you rewrite that in a way that makes sense?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Fixed it. Dang auto correct.

John Solomon just broke a pretty big story that’s relevant to the impeachment shit...

In Feb 2019, the Ukrainian anti-corruption authorities had already independently recommended reopening their Burisma file to look back into their crimes.

...but Trump bringing up Burisma to Zelensky during a phone call in July 2019 is sinister?

Why?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Schiff made a telling point: there was no investigation of either Bidens or Burisma by any U.S. agency during all of this. What the Giuliani-Firtash scam alleges against all of them violates multiple U.S. laws, but despite the main actor in the conspiracy being in charge of the Executive Branch of the U.S. government and his appointees in charge of its law enforcement agencies none of them were looking into any of this.
    Did Schiff mention that a Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating Burisma was fired because Biden held back foreign aid? THAT Quid Pro Quo?

Because Biden did that.

In case you missed it:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rosecutor.html

ENJOY!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So far, I haven't heard any Congressional Republicans or members of Trump's legal team deny any of the allegations. Are they going to stipulate that Trump did what the Democrats are alleging he did, but then argue that it doesn't rise to the level of Impeachment?
    The first part was the House Managers (Dems) presenting their case. So yeah, Trump's team didn't dispute anything because it wasn't their turn yet. STAY TUNED!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Did Schiff mention that a Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating Burisma was fired because Biden held back foreign aid? THAT Quid Pro Quo?

Because Biden did that.

In case you missed it:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rosecutor.html

ENJOY!
    What kinda alt-right site is reaclearpolitics!?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What kinda alt-right site is reaclearpolitics!?
    I like RCP. I go there once a day at least. It's useful to see what the current political talking points are right and left.

You can sample the headlines and see where the battle lines are being drawn. They pull from left and right leaning opinion.

They also occasionally, more than most, have some thoughtful content that is not just pure political pooh flinging.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I like RCP. I go there once a day at least. It's useful to see what the current political talking points are right and left.

You can sample the headlines and see where the battle lines are being drawn. They pull from left and right leaning opinion.

They also occasionally, more than most, have some thoughtful content that is not just pure political pooh flinging.
    I think NC was being sarcastic.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think NC was being sarcastic.
    I know. I wanted to give my opinion of RCP. That site has been around for a long time. It's probably the best political news, opinion and polling aggregation site on the net.