Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Politics Surrounding Collin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    From someone living outside of the US - this is EXACTLY what I see.

We got talking about it in the Trump thread - Americans have a very unique (and I'm not saying this in a critical way) idea of what freedom is. It's much different than other countries. I think this is a good showing of it.

Personally I use sports to get away from real life and I don't like to mix the two. People seem hell bent on including poilitics in every aspect of their life though.
    Politics in America has become a sport. A decent % only care about their "team" winning.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Agree.

Our country is literally built on protesting.

Kaep can protest for anything he wants. Protests are meant to draw attention. How you react is up to each individual.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Not only was this country built on protesting, but it was built on protesting that most today would deem 'Not the best way to go about it'.

I've spoken to servicemen from various agencies in Law Enforcement and the Military. I've only met one guy who didn't like sitting/kneeling for the anthem. However, it didn't bother him to the point that he was going to boycott games and crucify a man whose never committed a crime in his life. He also talked about the black gloves during the Olympics. While he didn't so much care for that either, he acknowledged that their cause likely would not have garnered nearly the same attention if it was done differently. The mission was accomplished.

I'm with Wicked, as a former Law Enforcement Officer, I felt that the socks were ignorant, feeding into the media baiting and unfitting of someone claiming to make change. However, someone like Kaepernick, although he needs to touch up on his history, is someone who can make a difference if the right mentors get their arms around him. Compared to someone whose raped and murdered in cold blood or beat the shit out of their women. Kaepernick can be molded.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The entire city fucking yells OOOO! during the playing of the National Anthem at every fucking event known to man! Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I just find it a tad comical or maybe ironic, that we live in a country where people praise being an American, all the freedom we have, and the moment someone uses the first amendment to speak on a subject someone disagrees with, said person is met with this kind of blowback and hatred. Our entire country was founded upon standing up for something you think is right, doesn't mean you are right, but you have the freedom to do that.

The bashing on him is getting out of control, I could careless about his protest, I just want football. The more this keeps going on takes away the conversation from football and turns to politics and we all know how ugly that can get.

The fact that I am a veteran just, like others on here (Wicked), and could care less about what he is doing, should give a message to most civilians to chill the fuck out.
    Just want to make sure I'm clear on this. Your argument is that Kapernick is free, as outlined in the first amendment, to protest however he sees fit. I, on the other hand, should not protest his protest and must, according to you, "chill the fuck out"?

Gotta be honest, I'm having a few issues with your stance.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Not only was this country built on protesting, but it was built on protesting that most today would deem 'Not the best way to go about it'.

I've spoken to servicemen from various agencies in Law Enforcement and the Military. I've only met one guy who didn't like sitting/kneeling for the anthem. However, it didn't bother him to the point that he was going to boycott games and crucify a man whose never committed a crime in his life. He also talked about the black gloves during the Olympics. While he didn't so much care for that either, he acknowledged that their cause likely would not have garnered nearly the same attention if it was done differently. The mission was accomplished.

I'm with Wicked, as a former Law Enforcement Officer, I felt that the socks were ignorant, feeding into the media baiting and unfitting of someone claiming to make change. However, someone like Kaepernick, although he needs to touch up on his history, is someone who can make a difference if the right mentors get their arms around him. Compared to someone whose raped and murdered in cold blood or beat the shit out of their women. Kaepernick can be molded.
    Then he should apologize. Forget about the National Anthem, though that's another reason to bash the guy, and focus just on the socks and praising Castro. Actually, let's just focus on him praising Castro. The asinine crap he spewed in that interview is more than enough for me to boo him.

If he would just come out and say, "Hey guys, I got some bad pussy and it messed with my head. Sorry", then I'd be fine with him being a Raven. As it stands, I'm not for a list of reasons.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I believe in free speech at all cost. I believe that you should be able to use your free speech to tell me that the way im using my free speech is wrong or right, agree or disagree with me. but if there was ever a caveat to this, it has got to be when one uses their free speech individually, or as a collective to deter someone else from exercising theirs. Its flat out un-American.

I get it, some will say that they disagree with colin yet support his free speech but dont have to support him. Okay but the truth is that once we go down the list of all the things that he has done, the socks, the shirts, the statements, it all equates to a form of speech/expression. So in reality, when you say you support his freedom of speech but dont want him in the league, that is just a backhanded way of saying you dont support his right to say what he wants. Forget about whether you think he has a valid point or not, its his point. Use your speech to correct him if you disagree.

Question for white america......i ask this question not to make a point or follow anyones answer with a rebuttal, but i ask out of genuine curiosity......

If black people stopped standing for the anthem because of its line in the 3rd stanza, which is critical of black people or because the song was written and adopted as the national anthem, a song which invokes the essence of freedom, long before slavery officially ended, how would you respond????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post

I believe in free speech at all cost. I believe that you should be able to use your free speech to tell me that the way im using my free speech is wrong or right, agree or disagree with me. but if there was ever a caveat to this, it has got to be when one uses their free speech individually, or as a collective to deter someone else from exercising theirs. Its flat out un-American.

I get it, some will say that they disagree with colin yet support his free speech but dont have to support him. Okay but the truth is that once we go down the list of all the things that he has done, the socks, the shirts, the statements, it all equates to a form of speech/expression. So in reality, when you say you support his freedom of speech but dont want him in the league, that is just a backhanded way of saying you dont support his right to say what he wants. Forget about whether you think he has a valid point or not, its his point. Use your speech to correct him if you disagree.

Question for white america......i ask this question not to make a point or follow anyones answer with a rebuttal, but i ask out of genuine curiosity......

If black people stopped standing for the anthem because of its line in the 3rd stanza, which is critical of black people or because the song was written and adopted as the national anthem, a song which invokes the essence of freedom, long before slavery officially ended, how would you respond????
    Personally, I wouldn't care. If black Americans want to sit or kneel for the anthem, that's their prerogative.

To me, this just plays into the whole "I'm offended" mantra from everyone these days.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Could someone help me out? What is "white America"?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Could someone help me out? What is "white America"?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIzD0ZfTFg

Slim knows
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Haha. Great artist, not sure that explains it for me though

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Haha. Great artist, not sure that explains it for me though
    I was being cheeky.

It's essentially the term used to describe white privilege. The discussion of white america seemed to quiet throughout the 2000's, but during the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement it seems to be popping back up.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB