Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,332 of 1336

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Redskins 12/09

7 shitty points in the second half doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    7 shitty points in the second half doesn't cut it.
    Letting the redskins drive without any resistance does?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post

Gotta beg to differ on that one. Joe needs to move in the pocket and or throw the damn ball. Oher can't block 3 guys at once. If I'm not mistaken the free rusher is the Qb's responsibility.
    Oher has a tough enough time blocking one guy.

The free runner, btw, was Jordan Pugh who came on an overload blitz and Flacco was sacked. Bummer, but no harm. The magical INT was KO missing Kerrigan and the sack strip was Oher getting handled by Rob Jackson.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He is not fine by any means and isn't even a second or third tier qb. I am tired of his memorable fumbles when the Ravens have the lead that give the opponents points. Go back to the Pittsburgh game two seasons ago. Everyone saw Troy going to blitz. Joe is hit and fumbles.Pitts wins. Last week, Joe is hit and fumbles. Pitt scores off that fumbel to tie the game.and eventually wins. Today, Joe is hit and stripped of the ball. Redskins get a fg. Hmm, the Ravens lose by a fg! It is now getting to be a pattern!

How anyone can see this as anything other than a total team loss is beyond me. Joe has a QB rating of 121, and he's getting dumped on? Un-freakin-believable.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oher has a tough enough time blocking one guy.

The free runner, btw, was Jordan Pugh who came on an overload blitz and Flacco was sacked. Bummer, but no harm. The magical INT was KO missing Kerrigan and the sack strip was Oher getting handled by Rob Jackson.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Ahh, thanks for the details. Could be wrong, but that sack strip just seemed like poor pocket presence. If he would have stepped up he could have made the throw.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The sack strip was on Oher, but he pushed the guy deep. It was really just bad luck as well as getting beat. The guy could only reach the ball if Joe just happened to be cocking it back to meet the stretch. If the guy doesn't graze the ball his momentum carries him out of the play a few yards and the ball is likely gone by the time he could back for a sack.

But once again, people here are harping on single plays as if they were occurring all game or equal poor overall performance. Perfect is not the definition of good. Watch any other game, period, and see how many times the LT gets beat that cleanly. Romo sees it 8 times a game. Rodgers 7 times. Vick 9 times. Peyton and Brady throw it in 2-3 seconds tops. We don't have a top 5 LT, but the idea that a guy who is not top-5 means he is the worst is dead wrong. All the completions for TDs were on plays with great protection. And we were gashing them with the run.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 12-09-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post

Of course not. Pees is a dumb shit for not bringing pressure when they had to go 80 yards in 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post

Why do you people keep making these issues black and white?

We stopped them on that drive. 3 extremely bad officiating calls extended their last drive. We contained there offense just about the entire 2nd half.

The defense did EVERYTHING that they needed to do. They were tired by the end, our offense was completely horrible in the 2nd half.

SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The sack strip was on Oher, but he pushed the guy deep. It was really just bad luck as well as getting beat. The guy could only reach the ball if Joe just happened to be cocking it back to meet the stretch. If the guy doesn't graze the ball his momentum carries him out of the play a few yards and the ball is likely gone by the time he could back for a sack.

But once again, people here are harping on single plays as if they were occurring all game or equal poor overall performance. Perfect is not the definition of good. Watch any other game, period, and see how many times the LT gets beat that cleanly. Romo sees it 8 times a game. Rodgers 7 times. Vick 9 times. Peyton and Brady throw it in 2-3 seconds tops. We don't have a top 5 LT, but the idea that a guy who is not top-5 means he is the worst is dead wrong. All the completions for TDs were on plays with great protection. And we were gashing them with the run.
    I agree with your post. It was just an incredibly bad break for the Ravens. Oher got beat, but the ball was a nanosecond away from coming out. It wasn't even a long drop, just a couple steps back and get the ball out, and it was very close. Just plain unfortunate.

And yeah, Joe's got to get the ball out quicker. He acknowledged his mistake on the INT play, that ball's just got to come out a little quicker.

The problem I have is that Joe gets the ball out quickly and confidently in the no-huddle and the entire team looks better. But when they go back to the traditional offense you've got guys missing blocks, blitzes not getting picked up, and so on. What is going on here? They have GOT to start adjusting and they don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Ahh, thanks for the details. Could be wrong, but that sack strip just seemed like poor pocket presence. If he would have stepped up he could have made the throw.
    Because, you know, these qbs have eyes in the back of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPig1 View Post
    No Please give us a break. yeah the freahin team lost. But... Joe
    You have no idea what youre saying. Joe had a 121 rating.

Joe clearly didn't have the freedom in the 2nd a half that he did in the 1st.

A complete night and day difference on offense. The difference is, our defense did what they needed to do in order to adjust.