Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumor: Ravens will be very active before trade deadline

Pretty lame rumor it would seem

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    But like, why? His trade value is at an all time low. They couldn't get a decent pick for him. Nowhere near what they invested. And it's quality depth that's been in your system at an inherently rotational position. They are looking at making a run here, why ruin your depth at this position of strength and risk losing that run?

The ONLY way I could see us actually making a trade with this team is if we provided one of our players as part of the deal that the 49ers viewed as a benefit to them winning now. Like a pass catcher. They have Kittle and a bunch of unproven guys. Maybe if you threw them Snead and a pick they'd bite, maybe. But even then I'm doubtful.
    ClericBlackDave stated what I was going to say but you got look at it like this The 49ers traded for Dee Ford and drafted Nick Bosa. Of course Bosa is a undeniable talent but that doesn't change the fact that Solomon Thomas hasn't been living up to his draft status. The 49ers of course can to decide to keep him for depth purposes and he is cheap but if they feel like he not apart of their plans for the foreseeable future then they could trade him this year and just promote one of their defensive ends from their practice to replace him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    How about James Hurst and a pick?
    Unless it's a 1st round pick I don't see why the 49ers wouldn't just hang up the phone. They are 4-0 and have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. The only way they would look to weaken that defense would be for something big

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    ClericBlackDave stated what I was going to say but you got look at it like this The 49ers traded for Dee Ford and drafted Nick Bosa. Of course Bosa is a undeniable talent but that doesn't change the fact that Solomon Thomas hasn't been living up to his draft status. The 49ers of course can to decide to keep him for depth purposes and he is cheap but if they feel like he not apart of their plans for the foreseeable future then they could trade him this year and just promote one of their defensive ends from their practice to replace him.
    My son follows the 49ers closely and watches a lot of film. He said that Thomas was definitely ineffective at DE, but played well when moved inside, stopping the run and bringing pressure He’ll never get much playing time with the four studs that start. Not worth where they drafted him, but might well help us at not too high a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    My son follows the 49ers closely and watches a lot of film. He said that Thomas was definitely ineffective at DE, but played well when moved inside, stopping the run and bringing pressure He’ll never get much playing time with the four studs that start. Not worth where they drafted him, but might well help us at not too high a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's the main reason why i figure he could be a good fit for The Ravens by playing a similar role as Zadarius Smith in The Ravens defensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pretty lame rumor it would seem
    Aren't most?

Florio reported in April that Solomon Thomas was on the trade block.

If the 49ers were willing to trade him before they knew how good Bosa and Ford would be, then wouldn't they be even more inclined to trade him now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Florio reported in April that Solomon Thomas was on the trade block.

If the 49ers were willing to trade him before they knew how good Bosa and Ford would be, then wouldn't they be even more inclined to trade him now?
    They weren’t 4-0 in April

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    And they don’t care about rumors spread by Mike Florio.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That's all the more reason to trade him.

They didn't really want him in April. They don't really need him (as evidenced by their record) in October. Teams are supposed to trade from their storehouse of strengths, right?

More importantly: the 49ers future is tied more to Jimmy G than it is Thomas. Trading Thomas for a LT helps safeguard that future. Thomas is already a forgotten man. But the QB -- well, the coach and the GM won't get fired if Thomas fails, but if Jimmy G fails then comes clamor for new leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And they don’t care about rumors spread by Mike Florio.
    Who claimed they did?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Who claimed they did?
    That wasn’t to be taken literally.