Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Re: Browns release Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Patriots have had a bunch of these reclamation projects like Kenny Britt and Michael Floyd and Chad Johnson and even Coradelle Patterson whose done nothing this year. They always sound good on paper but rarely work.

It’s the guys that no one knows who they pay up for like Wes Welker, Chris Hogan and Deon Lewis who you have to worry about with the Patriots
    Randy Moss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Randy Moss.
    He wasn’t a bum who got cut unlike those others when the Pats made that trade. Our own Excellector was pushing for that trade for the Ravens because of the Moss/Billick connection for at least a year before the Pats made that move. It was the same thing he did with Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Oh look, the magic hammy is better

Man Gordon is going to blow up in NE if he's not um, suspended.
    I agree I remember when they took a chance on Moss a lot of people probably the majority thought its not going to work out a lot of teams passed on Moss Brady had his best season I think it worked out Gordon is no Moss granted 11 games in 3 years no way this will work out But Belichick is the shrewdest coach we have ever seen he is rolling the dice here on a low risk move and has beaten every team interested first as usual The odds are Gordon will resort to his past and will fail but what if he turns himself around the upside is so huge its worth the risk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I agree I remember when they took a chance on Moss a lot of people probably the majority thought its not going to work out a lot of teams passed on Moss Brady had his best season I think it worked out Gordon is no Moss granted 11 games in 3 years no way this will work out But Belichick is the shrewdest coach we have ever seen he is rolling the dice here on a low risk move and has beaten every team interested first as usual The odds are Gordon will resort to his past and will fail but what if he turns himself around the upside is so huge its worth the risk
    Virtually no risk for the patriots for a player with incredible upside. If he gets hurt or suspended, pats get a pick back and move on. But if the josh Gordon of a few years shows up heck even of last year, the pats are gonna be sitting pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Virtually no risk for the patriots for a player with incredible upside. If he gets hurt or suspended, pats get a pick back and move on. But if the josh Gordon of a few years shows up heck even of last year, the pats are gonna be sitting pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lol they probably only activate him 9 times to get that pick back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lol they probably only activate him 9 times to get that pick back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    would not surprise me at all!!! He will be dealing with an issue that only keeps him out enough to get the pick back. lol If he produces, I can see them totally doing that just because they can.

7. Re: Browns release Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He wasn’t a bum who got cut unlike those others when the Pats made that trade. Our own Excellector was pushing for that trade for the Ravens because of the Moss/Billick connection for at least a year before the Pats made that move. It was the same thing he did with Hopkins
    Gordon isn't a bum either.

Blog Entries

I would have done a 5th for Gordon, no problem. one trade down you can recoup that and we do more often than not. he needs more structure and better people around him, I think the Pats make sense, but so would have we.

Hes definitely not a bum. hes proven very good when he has played, even with a lot of time between games.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I would have done a 5th for Gordon, no problem. one trade down you can recoup that and we do more often than not. he needs more structure and better people around him, I think the Pats make sense, but so would have we.

Hes definitely not a bum. hes proven very good when he has played, even with a lot of time between games.
    Not sure if it would have been that easy for the Ravens since it’s in the division but giving up a 5th wouldn’t have been a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Not sure if it would have been that easy for the Ravens since it’s in the division but giving up a 5th wouldn’t have been a problem for me.
    I'm a little surprised one of the NFC team's who are desperate for wideouts weren't willing to at least match the Pats offer.

Not like a high percentage of fifth round picks pan out anyway.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    A conditional 5th at that, which could possibly be given back should he not be active for at least 10 games.

Pats got a steal. Pretty sure they find a way to get that pick back, even if he's producing for them. lol They gonna get the pick and the player for nothing. Stoopid Browns!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    A conditional 5th at that, which could possibly be given back should he not be active for at least 10 games.

Pats got a steal. Pretty sure they find a way to get that pick back, even if he's producing for them. lol They gonna get the pick and the player for nothing. Stoopid Browns!
    IIRC if he isn't active for 10 games the Pats still give the Browns that 5th, but receive a 7th in return. Is that right? ... Bc