Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Ill say it again, for the 3rd time. NO LEVEL of government should ave any say in this issue. There is no more sensative, higher level of personal intrusion than abortion and assisted suiside for the terminally ill.
    All governments have, as their first priority, protecting innocent human life. Again, it doesn't get more innocent than a baby in the womb.

I don't know why you keep dragging suicide into this. That's a personal decision for one person to make for themselves. It's completely different.

2. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You do NOT have the choice to take an innocent life. This isn't medical care, it's murder.
    It is a life based on your definition of when life starts. Your comment just reinforces my belief that you want to legislate based on theology. That is not the governments place. Any government at any level.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It is a life based on your definition of when life starts. Your comment just reinforces my belief that you want to legislate based on theology. That is not the governments place. Any government at any level.
    Actually I have every right to push for legislation, just as you do, regardless of how I came to my beliefs.

But if you ask 1000 biologists when life begins almost all of them would say when the DNA forms and growth begins.

You lefties are all for science until you aren't, which usually happens when the REAL science is revealed.

4. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

All governments have, as their first priority, protecting innocent human life. Again, it doesn't get more innocent than a baby in the womb.

I don't know why you keep dragging suicide into this. That's a personal decision for one person to make for themselves. It's completely different.
    I drag suicide into it because it is a medical decision. Illegal in most states based theological beliefs. Abortion falls into the same category for those who do not believe life begins at conception. For them it is a personal decision to make for themselves. The argument for abortion is theologically based. Government should play no role.

Did you not say one of governments primary functions is the protection of innocents? Then how can you not insist on gun control knowing the number of innocents murdered every year. If you want gun control what is next? Where do you draw the line? I can come up with hundreds of laws to protect innocent lives. All of which you would howl at as an infringement of your freedom and privacy or a restriction on business. But they would save innocent lives.

Government at all levels needs leave this alone.

Government has no business in this issue. None

If government chooses to play a role then the precident is set for further intrusions based on the "welfare" of whomever. You said

5. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Actually I have every right to push for legislation, just as you do, regardless of how I came to my beliefs.

But if you ask 1000 biologists when life begins almost all of them would say when the DNA forms and growth begins.

You lefties are all for science until you aren't, which usually happens when the REAL science is revealed.
    I am all for science until Im not just like your all for keeping government out of your business untill you arent. Bet you were against mask mandates and mandatory vaccinations even tho science proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they saved lives. Many of those being innocent lives. Dont preach to me about murder you hypocrite.

6. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    An abortion is not “medical care”.

I also find this fucking hilarious coming from the side that wanted people fired for refusing a “vaccine”.
    Im not on any side. actually, I find abortion to be repugnant and a moral travesty but that doesnt mean that I believe government should intervene. This issue is based on theological beliefs and theology has no place in government. Not any level of government.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    No government should have the power to criminalize my personal freedom to choose my own medical care and my right to the privacy of my choices.

A persons choices are between them and their god. I choose to NOT take away others Freedom of choice.
    You can always tell the liberals by the strawman arguments.

I don't care what your views on abortion on. This decision by the court has no bearing on the right to have an abortion. It just fixes a terrible ruling by an earlier setting of the Supreme Court. If you want to legalize abortion, then by all means support groups that feel as you do. Try to get laws passed, which is NOT what the Supreme Court is supposed to do.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Well, if you had read my earlier statement i specificaly stated NO LEVEL of government should have any say in the issue. That would include states.
    See, another one.

"I don't care what your views on abortion on. This decision by the court has no bearing on the right to have an abortion. It just fixes a terrible ruling by an earlier setting of the Supreme Court. If you want to legalize abortion, then by all means support groups that feel as you do. Try to get laws passed, which is NOT what the Supreme Court is supposed to do". (Me, Me https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...on-shows/page3, 5/3/2022)
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Dont preach to me about murder you hypocrite.
    So the result of a successful abortion would be....
    ProFootballMock

10. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Then you should be in favor of the ruling as it sends it back to the states.
    What I am in favor of is government at the federal, state and local levels staying the hell out of peoples most private, most personal business. To me there is nothing more private than ones own decisions involving medical procedures being performed on ones own body. You of the anti government knows best ilk I should think would be aghast at the thought of this kind of personal intrusion. Ill bet you would have been beside yourself if you were required by the government to be vacccinated wouldnt you. You dont want the government telling you what you have to put in your body do you? Yet you dont have a second thought about telling another person what they have to keep in their body. Maybe your feelings are based on religious beliefs, could it be that you want the government to support your religious beliefs?

You keep the government out of my life types are the worst. Yep, keep them out when it suits you but for Gods sakes get them involved if thats more beneficial to your beliefs.

11. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    So the result of a successful abortion would be....
    Im sorry, I dont understand the context of the question.

12. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    See, another one.

"I don't care what your views on abortion on. This decision by the court has no bearing on the right to have an abortion. It just fixes a terrible ruling by an earlier setting of the Supreme Court. If you want to legalize abortion, then by all means support groups that feel as you do. Try to get laws passed, which is NOT what the Supreme Court is supposed to do". (Me, Me https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...on-shows/page3, 5/3/2022)
    Yes, I understand. The opinion states "Try to get laws passed". Therein lies my issue. Here we go, back to states some of which have passed intrusive laws that will be automaticaly triggered if this opinion was to be handed down. Again, I can only state that this is an area I believe the government has no business getting involved in. If something this personal can be legislated there is nothing that becomes off limits.