Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

I was glad they held Lamar out. Given the weather conditions and banged up OL, didn’t make sense to have him out there.

I’m also glad because it gave McSorley a lot of game to settle in and get some valuable experience against a pretty good defense.

I like that they’re easing Hollywood into the mix. Looks like he is a natural hands catcher.

Boykin, Floyd, Moore, and Scott all looked good.

Hayden showed off some nice hands.

Andrews did his best Gronk impression carrying defenders down the field.

Cyrus Jones had a nice break up on a screen play. That read/react was nice to see from him.

The bad:
    OL depth is concerning. Would have like to see them slide Zeus’s Deuce over to LT just to see what he would look like over there. If Stanley goes down, it’s going to be rough.

Canady was beat up on a lot last night by no-name receivers. I don’t see him making the team.

The perimeter pass rush, collectively, is lacking. Wink is going to have to scheme pressure against QB’s which sucks because that means using Peanut, Board, Young, TJ, and ETIII to rush. That means potential open zones for easy pickings if the QB is savvy enough to make that adjustment.

Shane Ray is far too predictable as a rusher. He looks timid.

Tim Williams is also quite predictable as a pass rusher.

Still don’t have someone that can generate a rush up the middle. Maybe that is Ricard?

Would have liked to see more Seiler. Is he hurt? I feel like we haven’t seen much of him this pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

I'm just happy as a pig in shit we seem to have drafted not one, not two, but three receivers that look like they can play in the past two years. I'm not crowning Brown or Boykin or Scott yet but they all look really good IMO. This could be the best group of skill players the team has ever had.

Pass rush remains a big problem and as I've said all PS it's not something I see getting resolved this year. We'll have to rely on Wink's blitzes and things to get home and that's inevitably going to lead to some heartache at some point when a blitz doesn't get home.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The interior O-Line is awful. An injury to Yanda or Stanley and we're screwed. We should've picked up Paradis or Saffold.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

Didn't see the game, only the box score. Can anyone tell me how one of my favorites (Tyus Bowser) looked? He had 4 tackles (3 solo), 1 sack and 2 TFLs. Thanks for any replies... Bc

The recievers IMHO all looked very good. It was weird to me watching guys get open, catching back shoulders, having room to run, YAC etc...lol. I was very happy with them and McSorley. I think McSorley's lack of arm strength is significant enough to hold him back, but he looked very confident and made some really good throws when he had time once Philly took their primary defensive linemen out of the game.

Secondary looked ok. They were left out to dry quite a bit IMHO...this lack of pass rush is even more alarming to me than I thought it would be this offseason. I mean nobody is really flashing...when Ricard (who I like) is looking like our best pass rushing defensive lineman, we have some serious problems there. You all know me, I've been pounding the table for interior OL as our first and primary concern that will need to be addressed next year...I dunno, I think the awful pass rush has gotten right there with the interior OL. It's almost alarming to me, and frankly, disappointing considering our secondary is so good.

The starting group at OL last night...yuck, yuck, yuck. Can't wait for Ronnie and Yanda to get back. I mean they started off not being able to run or pass block, and the pass blocking got shored up once Philly started bringing in more of their backups, but even after that, they get zero push at all in the run game.

All in all, I'm so fucking tired of preseason. I doubt I even bother watching next week. Let's get this show on the road week 1 and see how this offense looks when they open the playbook.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2019...on-win-streak/

Grades from last night. Welcoming any feedback from you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

welp I have a clue of a guy who won't be around long...

Ravens bringing in ILB Paul Worrilow today to sign him, pending a physical, according a to a source. He played for the Eagles last season. Worrilow has 413 tackles, 11 pass deflections, and four sacks in five NFL seasons, starting 52 of 72 career games.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I see why some people were upset Lamar wasn't out there. But I understand why he wasn't out there. The O-line was basically all backups.

The WR are going to be exciting this year, along with our TEs. I can't wait to see what this offense can do through the air...we already know they can run the ball.

My biggest concerns is pass rush and oline depth (like everyone else.) I do think someone will get cut by another team that the Ravens will pick up. I'm leaning to more an Oline guy that will get dropped by a team. Not too many pass rushers get cut that are decent.

Wink is going to have to scheme in games to get pressure. The good think is we have a lot of athletes at LB and DB. I think he can get it done with what he has but it could be our achilles heel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Didn't see the game, only the box score. Can anyone tell me how one of my favorites (Tyus Bowser) looked? He had 4 tackles (3 solo), 1 sack and 2 TFLs. Thanks for any replies... Bc

https://russellstreetreport.com/2019...season-game-3/

Tyus Bowser still gets these flashes where I have hope he’ll figure it all out. He’s not there. But I think he’s 53-destined.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

What team was that? There were purple WRs wide open all over the place! And the end zone fade route actually worked!

McSorley is too good to let go. They gotta keep him.

The out route that Marquise caught just before going out of bounds was impressive. I don't know if he even saw the ball coming. It was like he just stuck his hand out at the last second and got two feet in bounds. I think the dude has serious hands.

It was concerning how bad the running game looked. The Ravens need to pick up a veteran OL player just before the season starts. Hopefully, there will be some decent players cut.

The pass rush is concerning. But the secondary is able to cover long enough for the blitzes to give pressure. There weren't any deep catches for Philly that I recall.

11. Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Further details on the 4 plays on which Bowser received stats, including (Q,T) for easy re-watching.

Tyus Bowser
    Quarter Time Gain Detail
    03:28
    (3:28) (Shotgun) J.McCown FUMBLES (Aborted) at PHI 40, and recovers at PHI 39. J.McCown to PHI 41 for 2 yards (T.Bowser).
    11:34
    (11:34) (Shotgun) J.McCown sacked at PHI 11 for -3 yards (T.Bowser).
    12:06
    (12:06) J.Adams up the middle to BLT 41 for 5 yards (T.Bowser).
    11:01
    (11:01) J.Adams up the middle to BLT 13 for 2 yards (T.Bowser; D.Payne).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    All in all, I'm so fucking tired of preseason. I doubt I even bother watching next week. Let's get this show on the road week 1 and see how this offense looks when they open the playbook.
    NFL seems to be at a crossroads with it, it used to be you could count on the third game to provide some interest and excitement, but if teams are now just going to play backups for all but a few drives the entire PS, I dunno, you gotta do something. Eagles stadium looked pretty full last night at the start and those fans got nothing for it. And our game wasn't the only one with nobody playing. Coaches don't like it, players don't like it, fans don't like it. Time to come up with something else to take it's place.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52