Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamal Adams

Re: Jamal Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    YOur sentence about Rickard is the most intriguing to me, and I absolutely agree. At 300lb, and athletic, he's a guy every team wished they had, because he doesn't pimp for the glory stats. Whenever the majority of media or even posters here speak about the Ravens TE's, they fail to mention Patrick's versatility and worth to the team. Clearly one of the unsung Ravens.. Having him on the field allows Andrews or one of the new UDFA's play that hybrid role off the line to create mismatches with LB's and CB's
    Ricard and Boyle are my two favorite current Ravens. I simply love their nose-to-the-grindstone dirty work, anti-glory Hog mindset and play style. They just go in and blow people off the ball.

What other team/scheme has FB’s and TE’s they can easily leave 1v1 with DE’s and KNOW they will at least stalemate 95% of the time. It’s almost unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Shas-
    Good point about Boyle. If he goes down the run game changes a lot; unless Andrews becomes a stud blocker over night.

I guess Ricard could play more TE? But even if Ricard could then it creates a hole at FB albeit a lesser hole.
    If we lost Boyle, I see them replacing them by committee, like the Peanut/Young/Levine platoon at Will in 2018.

You're looking at a combination of Ricard, Andrews, whoever our TE3 is (who will probably be primarily a blocker) and whoever our new James Hurst is. If he did go down I would expect to hear a lot of "number seventy-something reporting as eligible." The downside is you get a little more predictable based on the personnel you're deploying, but it wouldn't be an absolute catastrophe.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If we lost Boyle, I see them replacing them by committee, like the Peanut/Young/Levine platoon at Will in 2018.

You're looking at a combination of Ricard, Andrews, whoever our TE3 is (who will probably be primarily a blocker) and whoever our new James Hurst is. If he did go down I would expect to hear a lot of "number seventy-something reporting as eligible." The downside is you get a little more predictable based on the personnel you're deploying, but it wouldn't be an absolute catastrophe.
    I see them jumping through whatever hoops they have to jump through to keep Rechsteiner (UDFA). He's basically cut from the same mold as Ricard and Boyle, only he has a 40 time in the 4.4's

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I see them jumping through whatever hoops they have to jump through to keep Rechsteiner (UDFA). He's basically cut from the same mold as Ricard and Boyle, only he has a 40 time in the 4.4's
    He's shorter than Ricard and significantly smaller than Boyle, but pretty much yeah.

Rechsteiner's measurables at his Pro Day are nuts. Here's where they would have ranked at the combine:

5'10", 223 lbs (Ravens erroneously list him at 6'0", 230 but whatever)
    35 reps (1st by 6 reps, and you can't fudge that number)
    4.48 forty (t-6th with D'Andre Swift)
    6.95 3-cone (t-1st with Joshua Kelley)
    4.22 shuttle (6th, just ahead of Jonathan Taylor)
    35.5" vert (15th)

He's essentially the same size as Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss and he tested better than Moss across the board.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 06-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He's shorter than Ricard and significantly smaller than Boyle, but pretty much yeah.

Rechsteiner's measurables at his Pro Day are nuts. Here's where they would have ranked at the combine:

5'10", 223 lbs (Ravens erroneously list him at 6'0", 230 but whatever)
    35 reps (1st by 6 reps, and you can't fudge that number)
    4.48 forty (t-6th with D'Andre Swift)
    6.95 3-cone (t-1st with Joshua Kelley)
    4.22 shuttle (6th, just ahead of Jonathan Taylor)
    35.5" vert (15th)

He's essentially the same size as Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss and he tested better than Moss across the board.
    That is SMALL for a non skill position.
    He’s going to have to make his mark on special teams. Seems like he has the personality/mindset to do just that. He’s going to have a hard time unsettling our personal protecter(Levine) which means he’s going to have to be a gunner, and perhaps the guy in front of the returner.

If he can slowly add 30# he’s got a shot at a move FB/H-back role.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He’s going to have to make his mark on special teams. Seems like he has the personality/mindset to do just that. He’s going to have a hard time unsettling our personal protecter(Levine) which means he’s going to have to be a gunner, and perhaps the guy in front of the returner.

He'd be a helluva gunner... and plays both sides of the ball. (LB)

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Slowly?? A little HGH will take care of that problem

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    He's way smaller than Ricard and Boyle. He's 223 lbs. Project Pat has almost a hundred pounds on him, and Boyle has half a foot on him.

Zriebec in the Sun used Juszczyk as a comp, which makes some sense and is kind of interesting. Ricard is only a weapon in the passing game because no one ever covers him and it takes half the defense to bring him down. A 4.48 guy you'd have to account for.

Of course someone on here (I think it was njravensfan) actually watched tape on the guy and indicated he's really not much of a football player.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Owknows is Steinerson’s #1 fan.
    I’ll be looking for his “pro-day numbers” to shine through when camp comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Slowly?? A little HGH will take care of that problem
    lol. The guy is already pretty jacked. If he added 30 pounds of muscle, he'd end up looking like Scott Steiner (Big Poppa Pump) with a bicep on top of his bicep, which I don't think will translate to the football field. I'm not sure how much healthy weight he could realistically add to his frame.

Blog Entries

Remember Alan Ricard who blocked for JLew's 2000 yard season was 5'11'', 235. Juice was a couple inches taller but the same weight, and he was generally a decent blocker. I feel like he should be able to add 10 lbs which would put him in the vicinity of those guys. I have absolutely no idea if he's any good or not, I couldn't tell you where Kennesaw State even is, but wouldn't write him off on size alone.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Remember Alan Ricard who blocked for JLew's 2000 yard season was 5'11'', 235. Juice was a couple inches taller but the same weight, and he was generally a decent blocker. I feel like he should be able to add 10 lbs which would put him in the vicinity of those guys. I have absolutely no idea if he's any good or not, I couldn't tell you where Kennesaw State even is, but wouldn't write him off on size alone.
    In general, LBs have gottens smaller so it makes sense if FBs get smaller too. Leach played at 260, but Sam Gash was at 240 and he was an absolute battering ram. (If Bill Romanowski has any memories at all of 12/31/2000, he could tell you about that.)

It's more about being quick to the hole, making the right read, and having good technique. His size is fine.

FWIW, LeRon McLain is listed at 260 and Ovie Mughelli was 250.
    "Chin up, chest out."