Unsportsmenlike Penalty on the Browns

Happened towards the end of the game, pushing the Browns back past the 50. Any info on this?

Who was it? What was it for?

Re: Unsportsmenlike Penalty on the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Happened towards the end of the game, pushing the Browns back past the 50. Any info on this?

Who was it? What was it for?
    I heard it was on Shurmer for yelling about the previews play...if I recall correctly.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

That came along with the intentional grounding. Not sure, but I believe it was on the Cleveland bench. Shurmur was screaming at the refs about the grounding call.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The speaker wasn't working until right at the end of the ref calling it, but mayock thought it was for shurmur disagreeing with the intentional grounding

Happened right in front of me. Shurmur went onto the field and was berating the ref for the intentional grounding call. The Side Judge, who's face Shurmur was in, threw the flag straight up about 25 feet in the air. Steratore seemed a bit surprised as he was about to place the ball and start play when the Side Judge called over the penalty.

Hmm... this is a disturbing new trend, not being able to question calls made by the refs. I guess that baseball has had ejections for arguing with umpires for years, but penalizing players for arguing with calls has never been part of the game's culture.

That being said, you'd have to be an idiot to not think that was intentional grounding. He was in the pocket, and there was nobody even close to where he threw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Hmm... this is a disturbing new trend, not being able to question calls made by the refs. I guess that baseball has had ejections for arguing with umpires for years, but penalizing players for arguing with calls has never been part of the game's culture.

That being said, you'd have to be an idiot to not think that was intentional grounding. He was in the pocket, and there was nobody even close to where he threw the ball.
    I am suspecting the Shurmur was going off like he had been against 'the replacements' and the real zebras responded that they were not going to accept such treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I am suspecting the Shurmur was going off like he had been against 'the replacements' and the real zebras responded that they were not going to accept such treatment.
    The replacement zebras did it to Harbaugh on Sunday and the real zebras did it to Shurmur on Thursday.

The real zebs must've studied film. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

The penalty was announced on the Cleveland bench.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post

I think it has more to do with the refs making a statement saying "we're not the replacement refs" and they wanted to show who's in control of the game now.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"